Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So much better without Eriksen.

we managed to have a third of the shots on target (2) we had against Brighton (6).

At home to the bottom team.

Shit Eriksen>no Eriksen ?

Yet on the balance of the game we were way more shit against Brighton..... And conceded more (3 vs 1) and scored less (0 vs 1).

#hardstatz

we managed to have a third of the shots on target (2) we had against Brighton (6).

I think losing 3-0 is worse than drawing 1-1 no?

Eriksen has no future at Tottenham and his heart is not in it anymore, it’s right to leave him out and move on. There are players like Dele who do have a future here and we need to trust in them instead.

I was suprised to see Lamela not on in his place at the start as he did ok last time. And when he did evetually appear he was quite lively. Anyway, Watford were more PTB than Brighton.

Eriksen's long been a favourite of mine and I don't want to see him go out this way, bumbling through game after game. I want to remember prime era Eriksen and the great things he did for us. Leave him on the bench.

Eriksen's long been a favourite of mine and I don't want to see him go out this way, bumbling through game after game. I want to remember prime era Eriksen and the great things he did for us. Leave him on the bench.

This - I want to remember CE as a great player for us, not some dopey useless twat who couldn't be bothered to put in a shift.

I think losing 3-0 is worse than drawing 1-1 no?

Eriksen has no future at Tottenham and his heart is not in it anymore, it’s right to leave him out and move on. There are players like Dele who do have a future here and we need to trust in them instead.

Personally I think the whole “his heart’s not in it” narrative is largely overblown, I think we are just a fucking dysfunctional mess, thanks to the selections and tactics, and nobody is looking their best. Is Kane’s heart not in it? Is Moura’s. Alli’s, because they are all producing fuck all of quality. Sissoko just stood and watched Dacoure run off him, is that because his heart’s not in it?

But OK, I have no problem with Poch taking a stance, but if we are are going to banish players who want out, or are refusing to commit to the club, then there’s also no place for Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen too.

I had no problem with Poch freezing out Alderweireld two years ago and thought Sanchez did OK in 17-18, I don’t really understand why Poch back peddled. Same with Rose, who went further and cunted off the whole club. We had a perfectly able (if a little meh) deputy in Davies.

Alderweireld needs dropping on merit now, regardless of his contract situation, his performances have been so bad. Same Rose. But this is what happens when your “meritocracy” is bullshit.

Last edited:
Unless he really wants rid

Lennon
Bentaleb etc
But when the player seems to be his only tactic? Rather than adapt Poch has just got lazy and/or disinterested.
Is Poch turning into such diva that he can't get results or performances unless everything is just 100% the way he likes it. If so, he needn't bother thinking about the Man Ure or Madrid jobs.

Everyone says Eriksen’s heart isn’t in it, but I genuinely think he still runs his bollocks off. He always chases back when he loses the ball. Maybe I’m missing something, but he looks as interested as anyone else.

Quality has certainly dropped, no doubt. But he’s making as much effort as anyone else.

We’re just unbalanced hot garbage.

81o8ZjrTvCL._SY879_.jpg

Personally I think the whole “his heart’s not in it” narrative is largely overblown, I think we are just a fucking dysfunctional mess, thanks to the selections and tactics, and nobody is looking their best. Is Kane’s heart not in it? Is Moura’s. Alli’s, Sissoko just stood and watched Dacoure run off him, is that because his heart’s not in it?

But OK, I have no problem with Poch taking a stance, but if we are are going to banish players who want out, or are refusing to commit to the club, then there’s also no place for Rose, Alderweireld and Vertonghen too.

I had no problem with Poch freezing out Alderweireld two years ago and thought Sanchez did OK in 17-18, I don’t really understand why Poch back peddled. Same with Rose, who went further and cunted off the whole club. We had a perfectly able (if a little meh) deputy in Davies.

Alderweireld needs dropping on merit now, regardless of his contract situation, his performances have been so bad. Same Rose. But this is what happens when your “meritocracy” is bullshit.

I agree with you, Poch is making himself look foolish by continually picking Rose, Toby and Jan yet leaving Eriksen out. Why are they allowed to run out their deals and play like shit but still keep their place?

The only explanation I can see is that Poch doesn’t have that same hunger that he did back in 14/15. A manager who is serious about wanting another 5 years here would not be afraid to chop some of these players from the starting XI. Our future depends on it, but like the players he is just going through the motions and doing the same things he’s always done.

What makes it even more irritating is that our academy players had an excellent preseason against some top teams, they showed more than enough to challenge the seniors. It’s honestly a joke that Skipp cannot get any kind of role in the team. Hard to believe that Poch is the same manager who chucked Ryan Mason into that first ever PL start away at Woolwich. The guy in the dugout now looks like he’s had his knackers snipped off.

Personally I think the whole “his heart’s not in it” narrative is largely overblown, I think we are just a fucking dysfunctional mess, thanks to the selections and tactics, and nobody is looking their best. Is Kane’s heart not in it? Is Moura’s. Alli’s, Sissoko just stood and watched Dacoure run off him, is that because his heart’s not in it?

Spot on

Why do people include Vertonghen in running down his contract? he has said he wants to stay but it is Levy that will not offer him a new contract presumably because of his age and form.

Why do people include Vertonghen in running down his contract? he has said he wants to stay but it is Levy that will not offer him a new contract presumably because of his age and form.

He wanted 2 years, we wanted 1...... Hard to question that rationale after the season thus far.....

Back
Top Bottom