Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think CE made a decent team play good, and now we see how much he means/meant to us. Futhermore he made a "bad" comment, about being ready for a new challenge. Had that been a less important player, nobody would have been paying all that attention.
I think CE saw that he would "never" win a big trophy with Spurs, or at least it would be extremly difficult with the lights of Liverpool and Man C.
Facts is that many fans are against him right now, but fact is also that when he was good, we played good.

I think CE made a decent team play good, and now we see how much he means/meant to us. Futhermore he made a "bad" comment, about being ready for a new challenge. Had that been a less important player, nobody would have been paying all that attention.
I think CE saw that he would "never" win a big trophy with Spurs, or at least it would be extremly difficult with the lights of Liverpool and Man C.
Facts is that many fans are against him right now, but fact is also that when he was good, we played good.

He's played plenty over the last 12 months and we've been equally as shit in front of goal, what's the excuse for that?

He's played plenty over the last 12 months and we've been equally as shit in front of goal, what's the excuse for that?
Just saying how influential he's been, and some of you seems to forget that. But yes, he has been poor the last year, but that just substantiates what I wrote.

Just saying how influential he's been, and some of you seems to forget that. But yes, he has been poor the last year, but that just substantiates what I wrote.

If your keeper is shit, you will concede more goals.
If your striker is shit, you will score fewer goals.
If your creative midfielder is shit, you will create fewer opportunities.

Maybe if Eriksen had turned up in the past 12 months we wouldn't be shit.

If your keeper is shit, you will concede more goals.
If your striker is shit, you will score fewer goals.
If your creative midfielder is shit, you will create fewer opportunities.

Maybe if Eriksen had turned up in the past 12 months we wouldn't be shit.
That might be right, but still think this team lacks alot, and CE raised it's level.
You think Sissoko, Dele, Winks etc are topplayers? Do you blame them?

Last edited:
Hard to know as CE stating he wants to leave has coincided with an increase in the age of the squad, the Toby / Jan situation, Dier being injured, Wanyama turning into a mannequin, Lamela returning from injury, Rose forgetting how to defend, Sissoko turning 'better'...too many variables.

It reminds me of when Bale left - things just didn't work out for a while because everyone was used to him fixing the problem and then it fell into place a while later (and a few more players out of the door).

That might be right, but still think this team lacks alot, and CE raised it's level.
You think Sissoko, Dele, Winks etc are topplayers? Do you blame them?

It’s up to the manager to buy and select players that fit whatever formation he wants to play. Sissoko and Winks have roles in the squad but ultimately when you set up with 7/8 defensive players you are limited as to who is going to create the chances. That is why Eriksen has decent stats (plus we have had no replacement for him). I don’t know if Lo Celso is going to be a direct replacement for Eriksen but if you put the majority of the creativity expectation on one player you are going to look good when he does, bad when he does and over the course of a season the stats will look half decent regardless of actual performance.

It’s the same with Kane. Good stats this season but he’s don’t not a massive amount of note.

Last edited:

I think it was more a case of a decent team playing well making Christian Eriksen look better than he is.
And now that team is not playing well people are seeing Mr Eriksen for the overrated player that he is

I think it was more a case of a decent team playing well making Christian Eriksen look better than he is.
And now that team is not playing well people are seeing Mr Eriksen for the overrated player that he is
Or all of our players were overrated on an individual level because the team functioned well during the time when we had a functioning MF. The value of Wanyama and Dembele (in particular) to our success cannot be overstated. CE always picked the ball up in loads of space and time. Many a footballer can look great in that situation.

Or all of our players were overrated on an individual level because the team functioned well during the time when we had a functioning MF. The value of Wanyama and Dembele (in particular) to our success cannot be overstated. CE always picked the ball up in loads of space and time. Many a footballer can look great in that situation.

Totally agree, Dembele was an absolute beast who ghosted past players for fun pulling Eriksen and Ali’s markers away from their main jobs creating acres of space. I did used to tut at the number of supporters on this forum who didn’t appreciate his work especially near the end when injuries were catching up with him a bit. But truly great players like Eriksen was believed to be should be able to create space and be able to influence a match on their own

What a load of shit in most of the latest posts on CE.

He has without doubt been THE most consistent creative player for the team over the past five years and easily together w Kean the most important players in squad - by the way same goes for the Danish National team.

My guess is that he no different from most normal people that needs to be creative for a living...... Sometimes you just need a new coach new inspiration and new surroundings to go to the next level.

Which for him does not seem to be the The Premiership.....

He has been 100 % professional and I don’t by this shit that he does not give a toss - FFS - needs to play well to get a next great job but it’s just not that easy some times .... so please stop this nonsense!!!

The big problem is that if Spurs needs not to totally drop this season - which is soon to happen - we need CE back on form to provide for Kean, Dele and Son ASAP.... preferably until next summer!!

He might leave - he might not - but as long as he gets a pay and is a part of the squad - with no replacement it would be insane not to do everything to get his back in form.

What a load of shit in most of the latest posts on CE.

He has without doubt been THE most consistent creative player for the team over the past five years and easily together w Kean the most important players in squad - by the way same goes for the Danish National team.

My guess is that he no different from most normal people that needs to be creative for a living...... Sometimes you just need a new coach new inspiration and new surroundings to go to the next level.

Which for him does not seem to be the The Premiership.....

He has been 100 % professional and I don’t by this shit that he does not give a toss - FFS - needs to play well to get a next great job but it’s just not that easy some times .... so please stop this nonsense!!!

The big problem is that if Spurs needs not to totally drop this season - which is soon to happen - we need CE back on form to provide for Kean, Dele and Son ASAP.... preferably until next summer!!

He might leave - he might not - but as long as he gets a pay and is a part of the squad - with no replacement it would be insane not to do everything to get his back in form.

Nobody says he has been crap for Spurs but has he been that good in the last 18 months?

His passing is very inaccurate now and he tries to counter this by playing many more shorter passes than I can remember in the past.

It often appears that opposition players can virtually run past him untouched.

He has recently been jumping out of tackles.

He usually hits the first man at corners, has scored one free kick in the league since 2015 when other free kick takers have been more prolific.

He has missed 3 penalties in a row.

He has been missing in action when we have needed him most such as in the CL semi and final. Had he turned up against Liverpool (as well as Kane) he could have written his name in history.

World class... my arse

Back
Top Bottom