Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In what way ? Yes he lacks Modders silky touch, but the final pass, the potential game changing turn of foot is definatley there. With time and confidence I don't doubt that he could surpass Modrics contribution to the team. (Providing those green eyed stealing Cunts from Madrid steer clear)

Because I think Modric plays a different role. I think Modric wants to get on the ball and dictate the game. Whereas the impression I get of Eriksen is that he's more of a number 10, who will create the magic in the final third of the pitch. Like someone else said, I see him as a bit of a hybrid between Modric and VDV.

However if you meant that he'll be a Modric replacement less in the role he plays on the pitch, but more in the fact that he'll be the midfields focal point, then I would tend to agree with you.

I have to laugh at

"Mainly where does he fit in in a 4-3-3?"

Well, he spent five years at Ajax, who pretty much invented the modern 4-3-3 as we know it

egg-on-his-face.jpg

Because I think Modric plays a different role. I think Modric wants to get on the ball and dictate the game. Whereas the impression I get of Eriksen is that he's more of a number 10, who will create the magic in the final third of the pitch. Like someone else said, I see him as a bit of a hybrid between Modric and VDV.

However if you meant that he'll be a Modric replacement less in the role he plays on the pitch, but more in the fact that he'll be the midfields focal point, then I would tend to agree with you.

I think if anyone plays a similar role to Modric for us its Dembele. Picks the ball up from deep and advances our play, always available for a pass, useless in the final 3rd...

This is decidedly NOT Eriksen.

However, if anyone plays a similar style to Modric for us then I would agree Eriksen is the closest we have. Short, low centre of gravity, nuanced movement and feignts, always seems to have time on the ball... I can see the similarity in that respect.

Christian Eriksen says he REJECTED Manchester City because bench isn't for him

Tottenham's new fans’ favourite Christian Eriksen has revealed he turned down Manchester City.

Eriksen said:
“It took me a while to get to England because I said no a few times. Last summer, City really wanted to sign me, but it didn’t feel right. Maybe I wouldn’t have played there – I wouldn’t go to a club just to stay on the subs’ bench. I didn’t feel ready for a league like the Premier League, and now it looks like I moved at the right time. A lot of players moved from Ajax in the last year and it gave me responsibility and made me grow. It made me better. It was exciting there, but you have to wait for the right club to come along.”

Eriksen followed up a man-of-the-match performance in his debut against Norwich with a superb goal in the Europa League victory over Tromso. And Spurs fans, brought up on stars such as Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne and David Ginola, have already hailed a new hero in Eriksen.

He added:
“I’ve read about the history of Tottenham and I have watched games over the years, so I know about the club and how they like creativity. I score more goals like the one against Tromso in training and, hopefully, there will be more to come in the games. In terms of who I looked up to, I was a big fan of Francesco Totti. Firstly, because I played a lot of Football Manager, which I’m good at, but also in real life. Later on, I looked up to Michael Laudrup, the coach of Swansea. He was probably the one I loved the most, actually.”

Seriously, this fella isn't a VDV, he isn't a Modric, he isn't a Danish Hoddle ... he's just ...:eriksenlol:

Nowadays, there are not a lot of players with such a mentality and attitude.
When Eriksen scored that beauty of a goal, Gordon Strachan put it simple ... this kid means football; he loves it.

You could sense that he's one to stay around for a while. I'm so glad that he did ... find the right club.

Kid has a good head on his shoulders. Which is a relief. Most footballers couldn't put two and two together, and just chase the $$$ their entire career.

Kid isn't a merc, at least not now. Turning down big offers from big money clubs in Russia and from City speaks volumes about his character and his professionalism.

Think we've got a fan favorite on our hands.

Kid has a good head on his shoulders. Which is a relief. Most footballers couldn't put two and two together, and just chase the $$$ their entire career.

Kid isn't a merc, at least not now. Turning down big offers from big money clubs in Russia and from City speaks volumes about his character and his professionalism.

Think we've got a fan favorite on our hands.
I think a large part of that can be attributed to the fact the kid is from Ajax. He was with them for a young age I think and you can already see at his age he's got a good head, can handle the media, and most importantly plays very smart football

I think a large part of that can be attributed to the fact the kid is from Ajax. He was with them for a young age I think and you can already see at his age he's got a good head, can handle the media, and most importantly plays very smart football
Think our "special relationship " should be with Ajax not those Madrid dick heads.

Also helps his father is a professional level coach. Helps for ensuring the right mentality in the context of his career, and also instills a fondness for the game itself.

Back
Top Bottom