Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again and again...

Means little and seeing as Trippier was just behind him v Fulham I’m not sure many can read into it and defend Eriksens performances from these stats.

I’ll be frank and I said it last night, but he’s not doing anything out there that Dier couldnt.
In fact he’s offering less because at least Dier will break someone in half.

I don’t see the fuss anymore. Shots are shit, set pieces worse, and for world class game changer there is absolutely no magic to his game.

Look at the people rescuing points in games, Rose, Winks, Llorente, N’Koudou, Son......Eriksen isn’t influencing games for me in the way you’d expect.

Nice lay offs and has the ability keep things ticking and played some cracking long balls. But nothing we don’t see from Toby or Dier in that sense.

I’m not really fussed what he does this summer, because if he signs we’ll see a better player, but if he leaves, I have hope his replacement will bring a bit more to the table.

I don’t want to see he ran a lot of kilometers, I want to see him score more goals than Gylfi Sigurdsson and Shaqiri

Means little and seeing as Trippier was just behind him v Fulham I’m not sure many can read into it and defend Eriksens performances from these stats.

I’ll be frank and I said it last night, but he’s not doing anything out there that Dier couldnt.

I don’t see the fuss anymore. Shots are shit, set pieces worse, and for world class game changer there is absolutely no magic to his game.

Look at the people rescuing points in games, Rose, Winks, Llorente, N’Koudou, Son......Eriksen isn’t influencing games for me in the way you’d expect.

Nice lay offs and has the ability keep things ticking and played some cracking long balls. But nothing we don’t see from Toby or Dier in that sense.

I’m not really fussed what he does this summer, because if he signs we’ll see a better player, but if he leaves, I have hope his replacement will bring a bit more to the table.

I don’t want to see he ran a lot of kilometers, I want to see him score more goals than Gylfi Sigurdsson and Shaqiri

Yeah some good points.

I think however that his presence offers something and he does do some of the things thst we think others might do.

The goal against Burnley was a telling contribution and the cross to Llorente last week really was a ball had the Spaniard had scored from we would still be drooling about.

For his ability I agree tbat Eriksen should be doing much better but I hope he stays. I think it quite important actually.

Once again my feeling is that without proper competition for your place an element of subconscious complacency can kick in.

Yeah some good points.

I think however that his presence offers something and he does do some of the things thst we think others might do.

The goal against Burnley was a telling contribution and the cross to Llorente last week really was a ball had the Spaniard had scored from we would still be drooling about.

For his ability I agree tbat Eriksen should be doing much better but I hope he stays. I think it quite important actually.

Once again my feeling is that without proper competition for your place an element of subconscious complacency can kick in.

Annoys me that every time he pulls in a Denmark shirt we see the player that we used to see 2 seasons ago.

Trickery, quality flicks, lobbed passes and 25 yard belters.
But for Spurs it’s powder puff for 4 games then a wow game.
No wonder Real have pulled out if they’ve come to see him recently.

I think Eriksens mastery and brilliance are on full display when he sits deep and conducts play. With Kane and Dele out he is forced to play more forward, which for me is where he is weaker. He isn’t much of a dribbler and can’t take people on when isolated on the wings.

His set pieces have always been pretty poor outside the spectacular every now and then.

It takes a lot to win the league especially against the current Liverpool and city squads... to really match that will take a couple of years tbh.... unless we do a mad one this season and win the rest of our matches!!!

:tobyarm::sonpoint::king:

We dropped 9 points we shouldn't have, Wolves, Watford, Man Ure
We could easily with better finishing have taken a point or more from City
Had the ref made the correct decision at the end of the Liverpool game we would have drawn there
The only game we bombed was versus the scum.

Such fine, fine margins that prove we're up there with City and the Dippers. The challenge is to stay there.
You don't do that by running down your squad, you do that by strengthening.

We dropped 9 points we shouldn't have, Wolves, Watford, Man Ure
We could easily with better finishing have taken a point or more from City
Had the ref made the correct decision at the end of the Liverpool game we would have drawn there
The only game we bombed was versus the scum.

Such fine, fine margins that prove we're up there with City and the Dippers. The challenge is to stay there.

I agree, but if he won’t sign then what do we do? Can’t risk him going for nothing to someone like city

I agree, but if he won’t sign then what do we do? Can’t risk him going for nothing to someone like city

Our transfers out recently has been laughable, I agree that if he doesn't sign come May, then sell him to the highest bidder, regardless if it's City or the Dippers. If the money improves us, then we don't worry about the rest, though ideally he'd go to Barca or Madrid.

Same old story that no one addresses every time I ask it though.
This is what I asked yesterday, hours before Eriksens ponderous no show

What if...........we sign better? Eriksen is quality, he brings lots to the team. But he has less assists than Ryan Frazier and less goals than James Maddison, Shaqiri, Siggy and Felipe Andersson.

So why is it a disaster if he leaves? We might win something with a more productive replacement, and clearly he wont have to cost 200M

Everyone assumes that we cant improve with Eriksen leaving, yet his performances are not backing that theory up. Moura, Son, Sissoko, Winks and Rose have all been better than Eriksen for the vast majority of games this season.
So why couldnt we end up in a situation where, for example, we end up better with Jack Grealish in the team?
Who's also five years younger? Or Tielemans if people prefer a more contintental name to satisfy them.

Look at the players producing more than Eriksens stats. Why wouldnt an Andersson or Maddison produce more for us?

Everyone assumes that we cant improve with Eriksen leaving, yet his performances are not backing that theory up. Moura, Son, Sissoko, Winks and Rose have all been better than Eriksen for the vast majority of games this season.
So why couldnt we end up in a situation where, for example, we end up better with Jack Grealish in the team?
Who's also five years younger? Or Tielemans if people prefer a more contintental name to satisfy them.

Look at the players producing more than Eriksens stats. Why wouldnt an Andersson or Maddison produce more for us?

It's the devil you know syndrome.

Look at Toby, by 2016/17 standards he's been utter shite this season, but the devil you know says we can't improve on him. The goals conceded column says very differently.

I think his standards have dropped a bit.
He has got a bit sloppy. Not the really special stuff but simple passes that make a team mate stop and wait for the ball instead of taking it in stride, that kind of thing.

Eriksen has been one of our most consistent performers for season. To even try and compare what he has done to Anderson or Maddison is w bit silly in my view given a) they have had some poor games this season and b) they haven’t even played a full prem season yet!

We could improve if we sold eriksen but equally we could not. By no means guaranteed. Grealish, Tielemans etc are all huge risks if you trying to fill an eriksen shaped hole.

People will undoubtedly point to Liverpool and Coutinho but the fact is Coutinho was less important to Liverpool than eriksen is to the way we play. We create less chances and score less goals when he doesn’t play...

Btw you realised eriksen covered the most ground out of everyone last night? Sure his dead balls were not great but his distribution was actually pretty good

And so it begins. All of a sudden Eriksen is nothing special and easily replaceable, we'll bring in a guy that offers more. Remember when Walker left and you insisted Trippier was the superior full back? Sammy's back at it

Annoys me that every time he pulls in a Denmark shirt we see the player that we used to see 2 seasons ago.

And he wasn't an amazing player for us last season?

Don't think you've ever watched Denmark play then

Jesus christ what a simplistic view of offensive contribution to the team. The lord did not bless sammy with a good brain. Imagine thinking Ryan Fraser, James Maddison and Felipe Anderson are even comparable to Eriksen. Oh my god you've got to be kidding. This is the sammyspurs denial in full action just like when Walker left. It's absolutely incredible, I'm gonna pull these quotes on you in a few months when Eriksen has gone and you start blaming Poch for us not doing well

Eriksen has been one of our most consistent performers for season. To even try and compare what he has done to Anderson or Maddison is w bit silly in my view given a) they have had some poor games this season and b) they haven’t even played a full prem season yet!

We could improve if we sold eriksen but equally we could not. By no means guaranteed. Grealish, Tielemans etc are all huge risks if you trying to fill an eriksen shaped hole.

People will undoubtedly point to Liverpool and Coutinho but the fact is Coutinho was less important to Liverpool than eriksen is to the way we play. We create less chances and score less goals when he doesn’t play...

Why does everyone get so ansy about comparing AMs with AMs......I thought "Sammy only rated Spurs players and was totally blinkered to other teams", now you got The Dane The Dane crying because I pointed out Siggy has more than double Eriksens goals.
Hes not doing anything more than Dier can recently, if people want to pretend otherwise then they can.

Heres a thought, Eriksen will probably leave in the summer.
Do you think we'll spend 200M on player of his "value". No

Do you think we will crash out of the top 4 then? And be markedly worse?

Ive been saying this since last season

Jesus christ what a simplistic view of offensive contribution to the team. The lord did not bless sammy with a good brain. Imagine thinking Ryan Fraser, James Maddison and Felipe Anderson are even comparable to Eriksen. Oh my god you've got to be kidding. This is the sammyspurs denial in full action just like when Walker left. It's absolutely incredible, I'm gonna pull these quotes on you in a few months when Eriksen has gone and you start blaming Poch for us not doing well
Yet they are comparable unless he's playing at his best, which he isnt.
When I criticised Dele over a year ago, you all threw his stats in my face to prove I was talking shit.

Now theres more to contributing to an attack because Eriksens stats arent world class.

And so it begins. All of a sudden Eriksen is nothing special and easily replaceable, we'll bring in a guy that offers more. Remember when Walker left and you insisted Trippier was the superior full back? Sammy's back at it
Remember when you quit the season three times.....12 hours left of the window, then back into your cubbyhole for three months

Last edited:
I think we will be much worse next season if Eriksen leaves. Obviously you don't we just need Ryan Fraser

On this season, why not?
More goals
More assists
Same number of shots on target from 11 less efforts
52% shooting accuracy (Eriksen 37%)
147 Crosses (Eriksen 59) just 2% less crossing accuracy
Big chances created 17 (Eriksen 5) In 400 less passes per match

So call me simplistic but isnt it pretty naive to think Fraser couldnt have contributed more to us, because Eriksen is Spurs and Danish and you like him lots

Back
Top Bottom