Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If and when the Sky tv money machine goes tits up, there's going to be an awful lot of clubs that are gonna be fucked.
Maybe some other Tv company would step in, maybe not.

Do you think that’ll happen? There will obviously be a ceiling but right now it just keeps growing.

And that shit right there - the post not the poster - is why this game is in trouble.
That someone who earns £70k a week for kicking a fucking ball about (100x what a skilled worker gets, 25x what the Prime Minister gets, etc etc) considers themselves underpaid - and sane people actually agree with him. It’s madness.
Don’t bother coming back to me with the economics of the business, I know all that stuff.
It’s just not right. Rant over.

I would imagine that it would take you a month to earn that much!

:harryhmm:

And that shit right there - the post not the poster - is why this game is in trouble.
That someone who earns £70k a week for kicking a fucking ball about (100x what a skilled worker gets, 25x what the Prime Minister gets, etc etc) considers themselves underpaid - and sane people actually agree with him. It’s madness.
Don’t bother coming back to me with the economics of the business, I know all that stuff.
You're a logical and smart fellow making a very illogical statement. The money footballers make is a fair distribution of the money their performances bring in. If you feel that the money they make is obscene, then stop buying tickets and merch, stop reading articles related to football, stop watching matches. Until then, you're feeding the beast so have no place to complain about it - it is your creation.

You're a logical and smart fellow making a very illogical statement. The money footballers make is a fair distribution of the money their performances bring in. If you feel that the money they make is obscene, then stop buying tickets and merch, stop reading articles related to football, stop watching matches. Until then, you're feeding the beast so have no place to complain about it - it is your creation.
Well I contribute fuck all to their wages.

:levywhoa:

Let's sort out the hoarding of obscene money from people significantly more wealthy than footballers first.

They have every right to try to milk the shit system that is capitalism.

There are many people 100x richer than Kane just because they were born into the right family.

It's a nonsense argument you're making really.

If and when the Sky tv money machine goes tits up, there's going to be an awful lot of clubs that are gonna be fucked.
And then, when they've all gone out of business, we finally win the league

tenor.gif

Now I'm getting it Stevee. The Masterplan.

Do you think that’ll happen? There will obviously be a ceiling but right now it just keeps growing.
I think it Could happen, SKY is running at a lose at the moment, apparently (no facts, just repeating what someone else on here stated.)
How BT have managed to outbid Sky for CL rights, I don't know but this has obvs hurt sky subscriptions.
A good few people on here don't have sky at all, inc me, and have cancelled there subscription.
If Brexit is going to be the big fuck up everyone is claiming, that will affect the economy, so more and more people will cancel/not subscribe to Sky.
Large numbers of people have "dodgy boxes" or stream tv, especially matches and I think this number will grow.

So I'm not saying it WILL happen, only that it's possible.

Looking at Poch's news conference today, I am less than hopeful that Ericksen will stay. Don't know why, just a feeling.
IMO he is more irreplaceable than Harry, he's the one that makes us tick.

I can see where your rationale comes from... But how many Kane's in the world right now? The production line of CAMs in modern footy seems endless by comparison.

I just hope we don't look towards too much of a 'prospect' to eventually replace him (which is why the fee received will be so important)... 2 years of waiting for our creative lynchpin to blossom could really halt our momentum over the coming seasons.

I'm not expecting a ready made equivalent; just hoping for someone that can still contribute whilst being developed further by Poch and co.

I think it Could happen, SKY is running at a lose at the moment, apparently (no facts, just repeating what someone else on here stated.)
How BT have managed to outbid Sky for CL rights, I don't know but this has obvs hurt sky subscriptions.
A good few people on here don't have sky at all, inc me, and have cancelled there subscription.
If Brexit is going to be the big fuck up everyone is claiming, that will affect the economy, so more and more people will cancel/not subscribe to Sky.
Large numbers of people have "dodgy boxes" or stream tv, especially matches and I think this number will grow.

Well, my plan is to switch to Virgin when I move house, but I'll still have Sky Sports but will gain BT. It's a win/win for me as I'll save money, plus Sky will lose a fuck load of cash from me. But they'll still get a cut from Virgin.

Well, my plan is to switch to Virgin when I move house, but I'll still have Sky Sports but will gain BT. It's a win/win for me as I'll save money, plus Sky will lose a fuck load of cash from me. But they'll still get a cut from Virgin.

Note: You'll have to pay more for Sky Sports via Virgin. (My bet is that the mark up = Virgins 'commission', thus Sky receiving the same).

Is BT free via Virgin now?

Last edited:

Aren't BT chucking huge amounts at sports coverage to encourage people to take out broadband, phone and mobile contracts? BT Sport is run at a loss too but they expect that lots of people will get their broadband and so on because of it. It's what I've ended up doing. Sky Sports is a bit eyewatering what with how you have to take out one of their massive TV contracts just to get the sport. I don't know if it's changed but when I looked years ago it was about £80/month to get the TV deal that included sport. Way too much, especially considering I'm mainly interested in watching Spurs games and so will have to get a stream for a lot of fixtures anyway.

No mate - I wasn’t trying to be logical.
I was making a point about morality.
Firstly, a bunch of greedy wankers have stolen my sport from me - do I still go to watch my team in this nasty commercial world (paying more for a singlefootball match than my Dad used to earn in a month)? yes, I do - what am I supposed to do?
Secondly, 23 year old kids earning 50 times what a doctor or nurse earns for kicking a football is just wrong - end of.
But I appreciate that the kids on here don’t like moral high horses, and I got the exact dumbass replies back on commercial values that I asked people not to bother with. So that’ll teach me.

No mate - I wasn’t trying to be logical.
I was making a point about morality.
Firstly, a bunch of greedy wankers have stolen my sport from me - do I still go to watch my team in this nasty commercial world (paying more for a singlefootball match than my Dad used to earn in a month)? yes, I do - what am I supposed to do?
Secondly, 23 year old kids earning 50 times what a doctor or nurse earns for kicking a football is just wrong - end of.
But I appreciate that the kids on here don’t like moral high horses, and I got the exact dumbass replies back on commercial values that I asked people not to bother with. So that’ll teach me.
I agree with your general point, but you can't blame the players.
If another company approached you and offered you 5x what you are earning now, you wouldn't say "Nah, that's too much just give me £50 a week more"

Aren't BT chucking huge amounts at sports coverage to encourage people to take out broadband, phone and mobile contracts? BT Sport is run at a loss too but they expect that lots of people will get their broadband and so on because of it. It's what I've ended up doing. Sky Sports is a bit eyewatering what with how you have to take out one of their massive TV contracts just to get the sport. I don't know if it's changed but when I looked years ago it was about £80/month to get the TV deal that included sport. Way too much, especially considering I'm mainly interested in watching Spurs games and so will have to get a stream for a lot of fixtures anyway.

Which is why, whatever way you slice it It'll never prove VFM for me.

Roll on club-sold TV season tickets.

I agree with your general point, but you can't blame the players.
If another company approached you and offered you 5x what you are earning now, you wouldn't say "Nah, that's too much just give me £50 a week more"

Nope that's fair enough Stevee. Though I guess I'd admire them more if they cared less about money, cared more about the game, cared more about their (my) club and did more good things with their obscene wealth. Then again, how many fucks do they give over what I think?

Hey folks, I know - I'm a depressed old bugger. I should have stopped when I said 'rant over'......

Back
Top Bottom