Chris Armstrong

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Blanchflower

Supporter
1012911_10152343603273142_1659895701_n.jpg

errrm

Unfairly treated during his time with us, seem to recall him getting 20 odd goals in a season playing alongside Sheringham and scoring a couple of goals against the scum in a 2-1 win, was ages before we beat them again.

Unfairly treated during his time with us, seem to recall him getting 20 odd goals in a season playing alongside Sheringham and scoring a couple of goals against the scum in a 2-1 win, was ages before we beat them again.

Well said. Got shit from some of the fans, but scored goals for fun.

Sounds like Lennon bar the goals

:troll:

Had a period of mystery injuries though and then just never got back playing as well

I used to live near Wrexham and went to home matches when they were in the old Div 2 under Flynn.

Armstrong (having started out there) apparently tipped up in a pink suit once. Never saw it myself, but suffice to say no stories about him surprise me!

That was a great return, played really well with Ted at his peak, I still remember to this day a montage MOTD did with big premier league signings made in summer and they showed Armstrong murdering it down the left and burying a goal with George Harrisons "Got my mind set on you" playing
Was like Gomes in the way he had a great season then just fell away

He was a good player for us, until he injured his ankle. When he came back, he had lost some pace, and that made him quite ordinary. I don't think I would have recognised him from that photo, but then we are all entitled to an image change after 30 years!

I remember watching Armstrong and Sheringham destroy Man Utd in the mid 90's. If my dodgy memory serves me well it was a midweek night game and 4-1..
Man Utd were a major force then and it was a real shock.

Back
Top Bottom