Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I certainly believe there is at least some bribery that has occurred in the prem. And likely some influencing of officials to try and extend the title race in order to drive ad revenue/media interest. I just don’t know that those things have been a consistent factor to us being slightly disfavored in our reffing decisions overall.
It's been going on since the 90's!

Anyone remember the Fergie days? Where ManU got at least 10 points for free every season through dubious decisions and Fergie-time.

You never know mate, we might surprise you.
Chelsea are riddled with injuries and they're going through a hugely disappointing season much like ourselves.
One interesting thing though. A lot of posters have been saying how the scousers will be so pumped up when we go their place after the events in our win against 9 men, well by the same token, surely Postecoglou will have our boys pumped up after what happened at WHL last November?
" surely Postecoglou will have our boys pumped up after what happened at WHL last November?"

And that turned out brilliantly!

Charlie Day Ok GIF

I want to see this tonight:

But not because he's won but because his arse has prolapsed, the wind's changed and he's stuck that way forever after a 4 - 0 thrashing.

COYS!

He still
I want to see this tonight:

But not because he's won but because his arse has prolapsed, the wind's changed and he's stuck that way forever after a 4 - 0 thrashing.

COYS!
He still bangs on about how much he loves us…. You can imagine how that sits with the vermin fans

Mean Girls Stalker GIF

How come we lost on Sunday then? Don't tell me it's because they scored more goals than we did, because I won't believe it. It's entirely due to the 'officials' being bent.

I didn't watch the game but as much as Michael Oliver did his best to aid the result, if we concede 2 goals to set pieces and another to Saka cutting in to his left foot, we don't really have a case to make. Even if that was a clear penalty on Kulusevski, we still conceded an easy transition goal after.

There are 2 issues that need to be discussed. biggest priority is being tougher and nastier around all topics, especially set pieces. Second issue is officials which was undeniable in this game.

I think it's time to start Madison on the bench.

My team tonight (probably not Anges)
Vicario
Porro, Romero, VdV, Emerson
Bentancour
Sarr, Kulusevski
Johnson, Richarlison, Son

Is Udogie still out? If fit he replaces Emerson

I think it's time for Maddison to start on the bench, put some fire up his ass.. He's been pretty lousy lately.
Also Bissouma isn't the player he was the first 10 games. And i don't like Höjbjerg, so Bentancour starts as 6. Sarr has an incredible engine and midfield really looked brighter with Kulusevski than Maddison against Woolwich.

Son as 9 hasn't worked well lately and I think Richy is fully fit now, fit to start. Werner injured and Kulusevski in midfield leaves Son and Johnson with Richy.

Agree. Maddison has done nothing to start.

Sounds like Richy won’t start either which means son at CF. I bet we don’t start playing well until he’s on the pitch.

I didn't watch the game but as much as Michael Oliver did his best to aid the result, if we concede 2 goals to set pieces and another to Saka cutting in to his left foot, we don't really have a case to make. Even if that was a clear penalty on Kulusevski, we still conceded an easy transition goal after.

There are 2 issues that need to be discussed. biggest priority is being tougher and nastier around all topics, especially set pieces. Second issue is officials which was undeniable in this game.
Joe Biden Smile GIF

Reading a few posters saying they don’t care about tonight and won’t be watching.

People who obviously don’t understand what supporting a club is about. You stick with the club through thick and thin.

And even though we are going through a bad spell, we are still fifth. And about to play one of our main rivals.

If you don’t care about tonight and can’t get yourself up for doing so, you don’t deserve to call yourself a Spurs supporter. And you certainly don’t deserve to enjoy any success we may have in the future.

Back
Top Bottom