Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

nf4ClGh.jpeg

Austin, Emerson, Davies, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Kulusevski, Gil, Richarlison, Scarlett

are we? bookies actually have them favourite for this so they dont see it that way. 23/20---19/10 probably wouldnt be too different if we was at home.
We are much better than them, the bookies have it like that because we historically lose there every season

Chelsea could be in the conference and we’d draw them in the fa cup and they’d beat us, it’s just how it is

We are much better than them, the bookies have it like that because we historically lose there every season

Chelsea could be in the conference and we’d draw them in the fa cup and they’d beat us, it’s just how it is
i think i see earlier that our last 20 league games is mid table form...so im not sure we are levels above them. to be fair it might as well be all comps cos we did well in the cups didnt we.

Last edited:

Beyond pop level psychology you have no evidence for subconscious bias specifically against Spurs. We have objectively not been on the end of more wrong decisions than other clubs over the years.

There are lots of clubs with fans who feel the same way as ours. Wolves fans probably currently feel like the PL is against them somehow. Maybe there’s a Wolves fan right now arguing that it’s because of subconscious bias.

The problem is that you have an idea in your head (officials are biased against spurs and fans hate us more than anyone else) and that idea is leading to confirmation bias. Every poor decision = more proof. Every decision for us = ignored. Every 50/50 against us = stonewaller and proof of bias.

It’s not rational, reasonable, or even something you can argue against because it is based on feeling rather than any facts. You know there are lots of fans of other clubs who think we get specifically lucky with decisions? Yeah, because confirmation bias and tribalism!!

None of which will change your mind. You’re set on the idea of subconscious bias against us, nothing will change that. Any kind of rebuttal (including this post!) is pretty pointless because you can’t disprove a baseless theory.
I agree completely that confirmation bias is a thing, because it just is. Some referees probably do have subjective bias, due to, tribalism, human nature, media influences, whatever, not irrational at all.

So ignoring conspiracies, since you and others are completely dismissive that there is something suspect with Premier League refereeing. What are your thoughts on the standard of Premier League refereeing?

I can give you Howard Webb’s thoughts on Michael Oliver ignoring Ben Davies being kicked in the dick resulting in VAR intervention “I know Michael [Oliver] will be really disappointed. He had a really good game. He's one of our top referees, he's one of the top referees in the world,"

i think i see earlier that our last 20 league games is mid table form...so im not sure we are levels above them. to be fair it might as well be all comps cos we did well in the cups didnt we.

We aren't better at all and this is one of our jinx matches.

We have to finish 5th that's it.

Then we go again next season but fron jury being very much in, it's back out (for me) on Postecoglou.

Our form for the last 3 months hasn't been good enough, and since Villa away it's been so disappointing . No dressing it up.

We lose Thursday and the big surprise is if we don't.

Last edited:
-----------------Vicario------------------
Porro-----Romero---Dragusin---VDV
----------Bentancur---Sarr-----------
--------------------Kulu------------------
-----Johnson---------------------Son---
-----------------Richarlison-------------

With refs we’re to nice on the sidelines and with the media. Our fans at home games aren’t really that hostile either. It’s just less scrutiny to favour other clubs against us, It goes under the radar.

Interesting to see the form table.

Chelsea last 6 lost 1
Spurs last 6 lost 3

Chelsea. Last 10 lost 1.
Spurs last 10 lost 4

They have solved a few problems. We have hit a wall / dip. Their main issue is still having a decent CF.

But I think Thursday we will play into their hand’s if we keep putting both FBs into their area at the same time, midfield is just not clicking for us at the moment. Palmer has the quality to hurt any team if he plays.

One of my favourite moments in chav v Spurs recent history.

Fucking Legend, Erik.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MyCagBYrL20

This game was a prime example of awful officiating. Twattenberg should have booked a couple of Chelsea players early doors for bad challenges but lets them off, which winds up our players despite us playing well. The result of that was our second half performance. Had the ref done his job properly from the first minute we probably win that game. Instead he loses control of the game resulting in what we saw.

Interesting to see the form table.

Chelsea last 6 lost 1
Spurs last 6 lost 3

Chelsea. Last 10 lost 1.
Spurs last 10 lost 4

They have solved a few problems. We have hit a wall / dip. Their main issue is still having a decent CF.

But I think Thursday we will play into their hand’s if we keep putting both FBs into their area at the same time, midfield is just not clicking for us at the moment. Palmer has the quality to hurt any team if he plays.

It's amazing but do other fans worry about our players, with any justification? Hard to believe they do. Certainly little need.

We are absolutely a team who never seem to find players who play consistently well. Astonishing.

We are the gift that keeps giving. No change tomorrow. The one constant.

Last edited:
I think you're finally getting it mate

:conterubhands:

Nope, because you think it's just about money or ENIC and Levy, whereas I see it as a startling inability to have high level consistency.

It's simply perplexing to me but largely in my opinion about getting certain types of player.

Sunday was a perfect example. Gifts and lacking the obvious striker.

I want Postecoglou to succeed but he needs to be doing better with the resources. You can't have our start and seek to explain how average we have become, regardless of the clear need for 2/3 players.

We are much better than them
Last 5 games - Chavs have 8 points, Spurs have 7.
Last 10 games - Chavs 17, Spurs 16.
Last 15 - Chavs 26, Spurs 24.
Last 20 - Chavs 32, Spurs 34.
Last 25 - Chavs 37, Spurs 40.

Looks pretty close to me. If we didn’t start the season they way we did, we’d be around the same PPG as them.

Nope, because you think it's just about money or ENIC and Levy, whereas I see it as a startling inability to have high level consistency.

It's simply perplexing to me but largely in my opinion about getting certain types of player.

Sunday was a perfect example. Gifts and lacking the obvious striker.

I want Postecoglou to succeed but he needs to be doing better with the resources. You can't have our start and seek to explain how average we have become, regardless of the clear need for 2/3 players.
I don't necessarily disagree with your reservations and frustrations with Postie, but it happens with every manager we appoint...EVERY. SINGLE. ONE
Who didn't secure the obvious striker you say we're missing?
Who appoints all these managers that keep letting you down?
Where does this weak mentality and culture of losing that you find so frustrating come from?

Listen, mate. You keep aiming your anger and frustration at everything and everyone apart from the one obvious issue that's staring you in the face.

Apologies, I misunderstood your previous post. I thought the penny had finally dropped

Back
Top Bottom