Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Might as well just look at the officials now and see who is going to screw us over and it looks like we are absolutely fucked.

Referee: Robert Jones. Assistants: Ian Hussin, Wade Smith. Fourth official: Tim Robinson. VAR: Michael Salisbury. Assistant VAR: James Mainwaring.

Ref did us v brentford and scum away. Gave a penalty against us in each game.

VAR: Michael Sailsbury. Was ref v west ham at home which we lost. On VAR against Brentford, Luton & Forest at home, which we won all of.

Did he give the penalty for Brentford or the gooners? I remember at least one needing VAR.

Brentford one was the biggest joke of all when you see what hasn’t been given since

Interesting theory.
Totally bollocks and unfounded (in my opinion) but interesting nonetheless.
Be interesting to see if any Ajax fans have the same theories on officiating in the eredivisie
The Eredivisie has been a 3 Team competition for YEARS...
Between Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV, they've pretty much had the monopoly on Dutch football as Rangers/Celtic have in Scotland...
We're one of 7,8,9 'big clubs', some of whom have ALL the luck (and ALL the money) so the wider football community can choose to hate us for other reasons...

Let's face it, we've HARDLY dominated English football for the last 40 years, and swept all before us, hoovering up EVERY trophy on offer...
Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea and fuck me, EVEN LEICESTER have all won league titles in the time since we won a major trophy...

And yet the hatred towards us persists... What the FUCK have WE done to so offend anyone, and ignite such HATRED... cos it's certainly not bourne out of JEALOUSY for our multiple trophy winning SUCCESS!

So yes, good question, WHY exactly IS that I wonder?

There's a loony element in every fanbase convinced there's some conspiracy amongst the officials against their team, I'm sure.

A genuine question to our own conspiracy theorists though. Why us? Why do the officials decide to conspire against Tottenham Hotspur? What is it that sets our club apart from the rest that they have to plot against us?
You guys must have some kind of theory behind your thoughts 🤔
It’s the social dynamics of in-group vs out-group bias. Arse, Chavs, Spam, ManUtd, Pool all have a pecking order where they respect one another (Arse and Chavs regard themselves as worthy equals, West Ham accepts that they are a level below this and therefore are unthreatening to the status quo behavioral dynamics). We are outside of this group and so suffer them and their fans (including the refs and league officials) subconscious bias against us. It’s the same dynamics as playground bullying.

Add in the money/profit dynamic self -interest angle and you have perverse incentives that reinforce this behavior in a feedback loop.

The Eredivisie has been a 3 Team competition for YEARS...
Between Feyenoord, Ajax and PSV, they've pretty much had the monopoly on Dutch football as Rangers/Celtic have in Scotland...
We're one of 7,8,9 'big clubs', some of whom have ALL the luck (and ALL the money) so the wider football community can choose to hate us for other reasons...

Let's face it, we've HARDLY dominated English football for the last 40 years, and swept all before us, hoovering up EVERY trophy on offer...
Man Utd, Liverpool, Woolwich, Man City, Chelsea and fuck me, EVEN LEICESTER have all won league titles in the time since we won a major trophy...

And yet the hatred towards us persists... What the FUCK have WE done to so offend anyone, and ignite such HATRED... cos it's certainly not bourne out of JEALOUSY for our multiple trophy winning SUCCESS!

So yes, good question, WHY exactly IS that I wonder?
There is no excessive hatred towards us outside of London, apart from a few nutters at clubs like Leicester who pathetically see us as rivals.
I would say the most hated club in England is Man Utd, probably followed by Liverpool.
And the reason we don't win trophies like the other big clubs you mention is nothing to do with a conspiracy its because our owners don't have the desire to succeed on the pitch. It's all about financial gain and non football expansion.
After all, we used to regularly win stuff before them, and we'll regularly win again after them.

The reason I mentioned Ajax is they are generally perceived as a Jewish club, and you seemed to be suggesting that anti semitism is the basis of your conspiracy theory.

Also interesting that you mention Celtic. The west of Scotland has a history of anti Catholic/Irish discrimination, but there's no suggestion of it feeding down to the officiating of football matches.

There is no excessive hatred towards us outside of London, apart from a few nutters at clubs like Leicester who pathetically see us as rivals.
I would say the most hated club in England is Man Utd, probably followed by Liverpool.
And the reason we don't win trophies like the other big clubs you mention is nothing to do with a conspiracy its because our owners don't have the desire to succeed on the pitch. It's all about financial gain and non football expansion.
After all, we used to regularly win stuff before them, and we'll regularly win again after them.

The reason I mentioned Ajax is they are generally perceived as a Jewish club, and you seemed to be suggesting that anti semitism is the basis of your conspiracy theory.

Also interesting that you mention Celtic. The west of Scotland has a history of anti Catholic/Irish discrimination, but there's no suggestion of it feeding down to the officiating of football matches.
I think the Celtic/Rangers thing is a unique situation, as they pretty much divide most of Scottish football, and are probably bigger than any Referees union that dares opposed either...

The Ajax thing is interesting, as (and I may be wrong) but I'm pretty sure Ajax fans Allied with Spurs fans in 1974 when we fought running battles with Feyenoord fans...
Why was THAT? Anything to do with Ajax feeling some sort of unity with their English/Jewish club counterparts...?

They are hated by Feyenoord for the same reason we're hated by Chelsea...
.it's just Ajax have more trophies and titles to show for it...

We've just become an easy target! We haven't helped ourselves, granted, but we're hated nonetheless fir reasons OTHER than footballing achievement!

Guess what though to finish top 4 there's always going to be some teams who underperform, that isn't some sort of anomaly you're making it out to be, very rarely do you get 4 good teams going for the league, there's always in and around those places struggling for consistency.

Well whatever, this is semantics then, we have regressed during the season but we have improved from our position last season.
He’s right.

28 games with Conte = 49 points
28 games with Ange = 53 points

Another comparison

First ten.

10 games with Conte last season = 20 points
10 games with Ange = 26 points

So the improvement is there. Whether it’s substantial or not depends on one’s point of view.

I think after 28 games with Conte we had played Chelsea, Liverpool away and beaten City. So that needs considering.

Once Conte walked, it frankly is not worth comparing. The end of last season was the worst ten games result / performance wise I want to recall. That said, Ange losing the next two would be 4 defeats minimum from the last 7, that’s awful.

He’s right.

28 games with Conte = 49 points
28 games with Ange = 53 points

Another comparison

First ten.

10 games with Conte last season = 20 points
10 games with Ange = 26 points

So the improvement is there. Whether it’s substantial or not depends on one’s point of view.

I think after 28 games with Conte we had played Chelsea, Liverpool away and beaten City. So that needs considering.

Once Conte walked, it frankly is not worth comparing. The end of last season was the worst ten games result / performance wise I want to recall. That said, Ange losing the next two would be 4 defeats minimum from the last 7, that’s awful.

Surely you have to compare the last 10 of last season because the literal comparison is to where we finished last season?

No mate. It would be wrong to compare that chaos and crap with Ange’s final ten. Even I have to be reasonable.

But that's literally the comparison though :confused:

You want to compare him to Conte, go ahead but that's not my argument.

The point when I said "Getting 5th was progress" was that it was progression from when we finished 8th last season.

Back
Top Bottom