Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Cup competitions weren’t important under Poch and CL isnt important under Ange. It’s amazing isn’t it…….I wonder what we are playing for nowadays. Just to piss off the fans it feels like.
We're not here to win leagues, cups, or even just games of football, winning is just ego, we're here for the vibes, to be chilled out entertainers you might say.

In the end the real trophies are the mates we made along the way...

:ange-hmm:

Ange has been bullish all season saying he's not happy with our position and can contend for the title. Either supremely confident or propaganda. 7 goals weve shipped in two games now. He needs to win some games before season ends. Our defence is shocking. Even tomayatsu nearly scored a header yesterday from a free-kick. Hasn't scored in two years. We need to win this game or will it be Dr Tottenham again at Stamford Bridge.

Yeah yeah, we're Tottenham, just when you think things can't get any worse, they continue to get worse for a bit longer, then, just when the final few bonus reserves of optimism you had have been drained away, we go and pull out the least likely of results, like that dreadful run we were on under Conte, twice I think even, when we were at our lowest ebb and then went a bit lower, and then went out and against all the odds we beat...

Man City.

We can all see where this is going right?

:paraticiwink:

I genuinely think I'll give up on Spurs, and by extension probably football altogether, if we lose to Chelsea and Liverpool and then go and win against City in a dead rubber for us. I can't see how I'd ever forgive this club for that.

It never takes much for them to switch off, any opportunity you don't need to ask them twice...

I'm more balanced on Levy/Enic than some, I don't tend to direct blame for on the pitch issues at the boardroom, but I do think Levy has set precedent to the players that once an ultimate goal is gone then everything else can just get fucked by the number of times he's sacked a manager mid-season and just written the remainder of a season off by installing a woefully inadequate caretaker.

What message does it send to the squad when he just sacks Mourinho and plonks Mason in charge for a quarter of a season? TWICE!

He's even got history going as far back as Hoddle, and installing Pleat for what was it, like 2/3s of a season as caretaker? Ironically when hiring Hoddle, he sacked Graham and then got Hoddle in during the season.

If those at the head of the organisation don't care about writing off large chunks of the season once the main goal for the year has gone, then why should the players?

You'd like to think they would at least play for pride but little evidence of that. Feels like there's a distinct lack of character amongst the group, despite them usually talking a good game and saying the right things off the pitch.

We go again...

:pochrolleyes:

I seem to remember Mourinho saying that at half time against West Ham at home during his tenure that he had to remind the players that champions league was at stake. He said at the time they seem so unmotivated for it. It has really stuck with me that quote because there have been so many times before and afterwards that our players just seem so half arsed. It was this game. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51866058

It is one reason why I am not enamoured with the training ground. I think it is too nice and harbours comfort rather than pushing players on. It doesnt help in getting rid of them either because they are too cofortable.

I seem to remember Mourinho saying that at half time against West Ham at home during his tenure that he had to remind the players that champions league was at stake. He said at the time they seem so unmotivated for it. It has really stuck with me that quote because there have been so many times before and afterwards that our players just seem so half arsed. It was this game. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51866058

It is one reason why I am not enamoured with the training ground. I think it is too nice and harbours comfort rather than pushing players on. It doesnt help in getting rid of them either because they are too cofortable.
I've said the same before, a lot of the players we have know they have reached their peak with us, there's no incentive to give the extra 10%, they're not playing out of their skins for a future career move, they're comfy where they are, handjobs and high fives with their mates at the 9-5, Social Media wench asking them dumb questions for the LOLzzz on their way in, absurd wage with little required in return...

It takes a special, special talent and mentality combined I reckon to go to work in that environment and still maintain the desire to strive for more.

But great, we have a shiny stadium and the canteen whips up a good risotto.

:royaltongue:

Competition. You want players always performing they need have someone who can take their job.

1: 2 good players per position
2: A manager willing to be ruthless and drop any player at any time

Most players aren’t self motivators like Kane.

More words.

Like Ange, a lot of the players talk a good game, but can they really really do it?
Thing is Deki, it's not just Chelsea you have to win because you lost a few on the spin, it's the next one, and the next one, and then next time you play West Ham, and the one after that, and so on.

Not just win this and it makes up for all of the boneheaded points dropped.

Oh and yeah, pissing well shoot once in a while when you cut in would you? Pass it on to Son too if you could...

Yeah I agree with that. We KNOW you have to bounce back.

Don't do it in fucking words. Just shut up, work hard this week, and put in a goddamn performance.

Actions, not words.

Another thing I've tired of in recent seasons.... Players (not just ours) think a few of the right words in the media or on twitter and everything is ok and it's business as usual.

Can't think of one 'reaction' performance this season; where we've followed up a stinker with a solid performance where we've looked invigorated and determined to make amends.

Last edited:
Know one of the things I find worst about watching us right now, the clock ticking away.

Just time, passing is it is wont to do, drifting away steadily.

Whilst NOTHING HAPPENS.

Between Woolwich goals yesterday I was just watching nothing at all happening and then all of a sudden they're talking about 6 minutes of first half injury time? Then naff all happening in the 6 minutes...

Second half, they gifted us with a howler, then again when I assume Davies must've called Rice's missus a hefferlump and received swift retribution to the gonads in return, aside from that what heppened in the half.

6 minutes injury time to ruin their season, did we even try a shot???

NOTHING EVER HAPPENS...

Just time trickling away like grains of sand in an hourglass, gone in the blink of an eye, whilst our players procrastinate...

Back
Top Bottom