Chelsea vs Tottenham. Thursday the 2nd of May. 19:30 KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nah! This is footage of him from last season:
Running Man Abandon Thread GIF by MOODMAN

Where’s the store detective chasing him?

But none the less true, so what else can we say?

I don't know whether Ange wanted Johnson or not. He's not fucking good enough. If Ange really wanted him - like wanted wanted him - then he deserved criticism.

I wasn't as over enthused about this one either, but in the grand scheme of things this wasn't the worst way we've pissed money away.

which is why I can't stop saying it.

Agree

I didn't excuse Ange for our defending. I was one of the first to call it out. And not just the set piece stuff (though I'd also like to have seen players like Romero and Vicario sorting some of this shit out on the pitch as well). I also think we've got some defenders who aren't actually brilliant defenders (Udogie, Porro, VDV).
Yeah, depressed with recent results but I really like the way you’ve cut this up and given your thoughts- I can’t say I disagree with any of it. Makes a lot of sense.
Thanks

Box to box we are not bad but we have nothing creative and never look a threat whether it’s against a team sitting in or even like against Chelsea at times tonight when they are quite open. We have front players that are not good enough and can’t play in any system by the looks of them. The decision making is absolutely horrific by these front players. We also don’t have anyone that can open the game up with a pass or beat a man apart from madders and he’s miles off it too. The confidence is shot to fuck and this will get worse in the next two games and then we’ll see the season out with two wins.

Just heard Ange’s interview and he’s fucking raging and you can tell by that interview that he’s going to be demanding better players. I don’t think he trusts what he has to make us better.

The sad part is he won’t get anywhere near the quality needed.

Agree. We dominate possession even against the top sides.

We need more creativity in the final third.

I see very slow decision making and a lot of standing around in the final third. The ball moves slowly. The players are standing there.

We need players with quicker brains that are willing to make proper runs and movements without the ball.

We need more creativity in the final third.

I see very slow decision making and a lot of standing around in the final third. The ball moves slowly. The players are standing there.

We need players with quicker brains that are willing to make proper runs and movements without the ball.
I think the passing lanes are there early, particularly the through balls, but they choose not to take them. It’s like pulling the parking brake at 60 mph. Plan B is to look around at 2-3 options of teammates standing still then wack it out to the wing for a shittty cross.

We dominate possession because most of the time opponents just let us have the ball, knowing we cannot hurt them.

The kind of "domination" we've had against Woolwich and Chelsea is completely fake because it's what the opponent wanted. Bring us up the pitch, let us pass sideways until we lose the ball then walk into our box. True domination is trapping the opponent in their half and making them sweat blood just to clear the ball. Not the stuff we are doing.

I think the passing lanes are there early, particularly the through balls, but they choose not to take them. It’s like pulling the parking brake at 60 mph. Plan B is to look around at 2-3 options of teammates standing still then wack it out to the wing for a shittty cross.

That means they have slow brains.

Back
Top Bottom