Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mike Dean should never be allowed on VAR for a Spurs game again. He has came out and groveled to the media so next time he is going to feel like he has to right his wrong and it’s going to screw us over.

Mike Dean should never be allowed on VAR for a Spurs game again. He has came out and groveled to the media so next time he is going to feel like he has to right his wrong and it’s going to screw us over.

You’d think that we could get screwed over in the future based on this, but, I guess if he’s openly admitted he’s made a mistake in the past, he now has to be careful going forwards that he gets every call right, therefore in theory there shouldn’t be a ‘revenge’ call. However, this is premier league officiating we’re talking about…

The wanker has retired yet he’s still making himself the centre of attention

Notable: Says this in his own newspaper column.....

Breaks ref protocol where-upon officials aren't allowed to retrospectively discuss decisions.

Notable: Says this in his own newspaper column.....

Breaks ref protocol where-upon officials aren't allowed to retrospectively discuss decisions.

Is that really a thing?

All in all I'm pretty ambivalent about it. He did get the decision wrong & I think generally its a good thing that a ref has taken on some accountability. Maybe it's even an attempt by Dean to take some of the fire away from Taylor.

Is that really a thing?

All in all I'm pretty ambivalent about it. He did get the decision wrong & I think generally its a good thing that a ref has taken on some accountability. Maybe it's even an attempt by Dean to take some of the fire away from Taylor.

Apparently..... 2nd hand 'knowledge' at best, but so I heard.

I agree with what you said; but Dean's comments also underline that it's down to discretion whether to deem such a hair pull 'violent conduct' or not.

"Romero will not face retrospective action for the incident late in the game on Sunday - as pulling a player's hair is not considered an offence in football's laws."

"Unlike rugby, football laws do not specifically mention hair-pulling. The officials must decide whether the extent of the hair pulling is forceful enough to be considered violent conduct. If it is not, then it would probably be considered unsporting behaviour and result in a yellow card."

Also, pretty definitive dismissal of any issue attached to PEH's goal.

"With the first equaliser for Tottenham by Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg. This one was relatively straightforward. I can't go back 44 seconds to look at Rodrigo Bentancur's potential foul on Kai Havertz. It is outside the attacking phase of play - the Tottenham player got a toe to the ball anyway - so that wasn't a factor in whether Hojbjerg's goal should stand."

"The question was whether Richarlison was interfering from an offside position. When Hojbjerg's shot was struck, Chelsea goalkeeper Edouard Mendy had a view of the ball for me. His line of vision wasn't clearly blocked, so it was onside and 1-1."

Last edited:
Apparently..... 2nd hand 'knowledge' at best, but so I heard.

I find it hard to believe he’d break protocol & risk punishment just to say he fucked up, to be honest. I imagine he got the nod to do it at the very least.

Anyway, we should all be loving it. The official coming out and going ‘oopsie’ will probably wind up the chavs even more. Wonderful stuff.

I find it hard to believe he’d break protocol & risk punishment just to say he fucked up, to be honest. I imagine he got the nod to do it at the very least.

Anyway, we should all be loving it. The official coming out and going ‘oopsie’ will probably wind up the chavs even more. Wonderful stuff.

[since edited post]

[since edited post]

I think the general rules are somewhat vague but the individual case itself is pretty clear. There’s enough force used. Every ref I’ve seen analyse it has said they’d have sent him off for it. I think you’re probably looking at the vast majority thinking it reaches the bar of force used.

So all in all .. we got away with one, which is the kind of luck the teams who win stuff get, especially in crucial away games. I’m happy to embrace us having a touch of shithousery & for once being on the positive end of decisions.

Jeez. Are these racist cunts still moaning about the ref?

The ref didn't allow us to have more shots on goal than they did. The ref also wasn't supposed to mark Kane (or the three other players) who scored at the end.

They bottled it and are too busy pointing fingers to comprehend it. Then again it's probably their gooner mates having yet another cry. If only they used that sort of energy for calling out racists. They have been doing that shit for years and nobody seems to care.

Zonal marking I suspect.
Pretty ropey zonal marking...pretty sure the idea would be to stop 4 of the opposition to be able to attempt a free header in the 6 yard box...unless the plan was to let so many players in they get in each others way...and were three players all marking the same zone that Dier made his dummy run into?

I think it’s fair to say if the sane happened to bale when playing for us everyone would scream violent conduct and red. Regardless of whether Dean got it right or not Cititech is so stupid for doing it. Would obv cost us the gane. He needs to be reminded this is not the argie league and we have var which will pick this up. Someone should have a strong word with him.

No doubt at all that the resentment between us and Chelsea and us and West Ham is now the equal if not greater than the one we have towards Woolwich.

I don't know what Chelsea managers feed their players in respect of any rivalry ot how their players seem to always sense the angst but it's incredible how fired-up they are when they play us

Thankfully in Conte we have a manager who completely goes nose to nose. Fcuking love that in him and it's where he holds sway over Pochettino.

I think it’s fair to say if the sane happened to bale when playing for us everyone would scream violent conduct and red. Regardless of whether Dean got it right or not Cititech is so stupid for doing it. Would obv cost us the gane. He needs to be reminded this is not the argie league and we have var which will pick this up. Someone should have a strong word with him.

After Mike Dean has come out in the media and said he made a mistake not sending off Cucurella, I wonder if any other officials will apologise in the media this season when they make an error?

No doubt at all that the resentment between us and Chelsea and us and West Ham is now the equal if not greater than the one we have towards Woolwich.

I don't know what Chelsea managers feed their players in respect of any rivalry ot how their players seem to always sense the angst but it's incredible how fired-up they are when they play us

Thankfully in Conte we have a manager who completely goes nose to nose. Fcuking love that in him and it's where he holds sway over Pochettino.
Oh absolutely.

Someone I know mentioned to me that it was like spurs winning the league the way we celebrated that draw on Sunday. I said to him that I'm not quite sure he understands the rivalry between Spurs Chelsea and that it's up there with Spurs Woolwich in terms of hatred. I would say it's the same with most of the teams in the League, it's very rare nowadays that teams just roll over against us. Most teams do seem to up their game against us.

Back
Top Bottom