Chelsea VS Tottenham Hotspur. Sunday the 14th of August 2022, 16:30PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overall horrible performance, and we were dominated at a place we always suffer. At times we didn't look in the same league let alone supposedly pushing to break into the top 3.

But it's a point we didn't get last season, and with our new signings still to properly bed in. It also shows how much better our squad is overall, we had no ody to bring off the bench last season
We're moving in the right direction even if I do feel a bit impatient. I just hate how much of a curse Chelsea have on us, literally one of the worst, nasty little clubs to ever exist in the history of the sport so yeah I got annoyed during the game. I apologise to nobody for having zero expectation after their second went in, it's pure Tottenham PTSD.

Anyway I'm off to make a lasagne and drink wine. COY fucking S

Champions League Football GIF by UEFA

Anyone seeing Tuchel’s postmatch interview?

Except for being a fucking crybaby and saying both our goals “couldn’t stand” (lol, learn the rules), I liked his comments on the situation with Conte.

Also, when he heard that they both got a red he said “another mistake from the ref” :contesmile:

Fair play.

Still a cunt, though.

True, I think we can all agree as a wingback he is terrible.

But you need to know that if he gets a couple of good looks at the goal he can score.

In a game like this I would never take out Son or Kane because they can win you the game even when we play horrible.
It wasn't going to happen for Son today - he rarely does anything against Chelsea. Conte made the right decision.

Last week, Kulu was taken out despite having a worldie, Son today. Kane will be taken off at some point as well. This is good for the team and creates competition and a sense of urgency.

Richarlison didn't show any real quality today in his 30 mins but he made an instant impact in terms of making runs and just creating a sense of general havoc, something we failed to do.

Ignoring the fact that he's all-time NLD top-scorer, has scored in multiple semifinals, and has a bunch of goals against huge sides in the league. You guys seem to define "big games" however you need to in order to make Kane look bad. Are derbies not big games now? Top 6? His all-time favourite opponent is Leicester, ffs, and they've been almost an extra member of the big 6/7 in recent times (I think his second favourite, in terms of goals scored again, is literally Woolwich). The way you guys describe him, you'd expect his favourite opponents to be some perennial bottom-feeder clubs.
Nothing you've posted changes my key point and how it was made and SPECIFICALLY what it was ACTUALLY referring to.

Plaster your own context around it, all you want.

That's just your design; not what my point was.

Did anyone do anything of note? Lets be serious.
We got lucky with a draw. We were massively outclassed.
Mate this is our worst fixture every season we done what we had to do. Conte took a risk to get us back in the game it paid off but also cost us he then rectified by reverting to back three. Il take that all day long. Why do you Tuchel was so riled up.

My one criticism is I think he should have kept bentancur on rather than PEH but I suppose he sees something we dont

Actually think the ref called all the small fouls and such in their favor, could argue there was a foul on Deki in the build up to their 2nd goal. Let lots of Chelsea fouls go and called it tight for us.

But the big decisions were clearly in our favor, and I'd be pissed if I were them.
To be fair i think he was with us this time. Not that it was intentionally, but that was the feeling.
Sessegnon could have been booked, as well as Bentancur on numerous occasion. Romero could have been gone with red at the end. We got 2 goals that in a normal game wouldn't have been allowed.
On the other hand he booked their players when was needed.

I always admit when our team get the nod from the referee or reverse, as i think everyone should be.
But Manure fans still to this day don't want to admit they were so good under SAF, big time because of the referees that was helping them every single game.

Got to say this feels great.

Bentancur with the clear foul not given in the build up to our first goal.
Romero with a 100% red card not given before the second.

Fucking great scratchy point!

However - Conte HAS to learn from this. If we start with a midfield 3 we probably win the game. Don't be so stubborn and wed to your system when you have Hobby/Bentancur instead of prime Kante and Matic and Emerson/Sess at wingback.

I know Hobby scored a good goal but you are just giving up the midfield with him in a 2 against a good pressing team.
And better wingbacks should have countered Tuchel's system but ours are not this.

Additionally:
- We need to integrate Bissouma and Perisic asap.
- Richy La has to be nailed on to start in all the big games. His energy and fight gives the other attackers much needed space to work in.
- I think Lenglet will take Davies' spot. We need a bit more quality in there.

Sorry, but Bentancur did not foul Havertz. If you look at the replay he got the ball first. No foul. Correct call.

Back
Top Bottom