Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Being broad minded, and embracing of youth Culture... I gave this a go:

I'm afraid I managed less than 2 minutes!
Da fuq Blud Fam??
WTF are modern football fans becoming??
Makes me sad... so sad.

To be fair, I'm probably younger than they are and I couldn't watch that shite either, we're not all that bad :kanehand: just a bit too WoolwichFanTV for me I think

Idiot. It's not 'Toby had better be in that line up' or 'Put ur petty pride aside' at all.

You're speaking as if you have a clue whats going on behind closed doors, and clearly you do not.

By all means have the opinion that Toby should start, but accusing Poch of being petty is ridiculous. Grow up.

Also, "Toby better be in that starting line up on Sunday"? Or what? What you gonna do fuckface?

Your username well and truly checks out you cretin cunt.

I'm confident he will be selected if he deserves to be selected.

He has been shit in both the FA Cup games he's played and by all the reports I've read on his latest Belgium appearance earlier in the week, he was fairly shit in that game too. Given he's way, way, way off form why the fuck would you want to play him in one of our toughest games left to play this season?

Because he’s the best centre half in Europe. Those fa cup games against nobody teams hardly get the juices going, and a meaningless friendly for Belgium. A player like Toby thrives and plays best in the biggest games. Plus he’s a leader. Without harry on the pitch on Sunday we need leaders.

Because he’s the best centre half in Europe. Those fa cup games against nobody teams hardly get the juices going, and a meaningless friendly for Belgium. A player like Toby thrives and plays best in the biggest games. Plus he’s a leader. Without harry on the pitch on Sunday we need leaders.
So having the French captain, One of the Belgian captains, one of the England captains and the captain of Kenya on the field signals a lack of leadership on the field?

I get what you are getting at but if it is one thing we do not lack it is leaders on the pitch

So having the French captain, One of the Belgian captains, one of the England captains and the captain of Kenya on the field signals a lack of leadership on the field?

I get what you are getting at but if it is one thing we do not lack it is leaders on the pitch

But have we got any meaningful leaders?

Someone who is shouty and gets in people’s faces

A Dave Mackay or Graham Roberts or Steve Perryman

I really don’t think we’ve got anyone

But have we got any meaningful leaders?

Someone who is shouty and gets in people’s faces

A Dave Mackay or Graham Roberts or Steve Perryman

I really don’t think we’ve got anyone

I love all that kind of thing personally but it’s a bit old school, you are dealing with millennial millionaires who have been told they are special since they were 8 years old, nobody cleans boots anymore

Good leadership is how Pochettino plays it who is more the big brother than the harsh father figure that may have worked for a Cloughie in the 70s and 80s when the squad full of what used to constitute a mans man

I've got a family gathering while the match is on. What the fuck. I can't get out of it unless I get divorced. I'm giving it careful consideration.
I’m in a similar situation. My daughter is visiting from uni, and my missus is planning some sort of big home cooked meal involving her kids, her ma, me & my daughter.
It’s a complete fuck up that will require some very careful navigation. I may have to pop out for some Bisto (having strategically planted the full packet at the bottoms of the bin)
Not many shops open Easter Sunday...could be out a while

:sandroscream:

I love all that kind of thing personally but it’s a bit old school, you are dealing with millennial millionaires who have been told they are special since they were 8 years old, nobody cleans boots anymore

Good leadership is how Pochettino plays it who is more the big brother than the harsh father figure that may have worked for a Cloughie in the 70s and 80s when the squad full of what used to constitute a mans man

Yes I agree that a lot of them are overpaid prima donnas so all the more reason to have a leader who would put the fear of god in them

I also agree that Poch is a good leader but we need one on the pitch too

Cloughie wasn’t the harsh manager he was made out to be
He could fulfill that role but he also could be one of the boys
I remember a story about him bringing a tray full of glasses of wine to his team in the changing rooms just before a cup final against The Dippers
Brilliant man manager and should have been England manager but that’s another story!

I’m in a similar situation. My daughter is visiting from uni, and my missus is planning some sort of big home cooked meal involving her kids, her ma, me & my daughter.
It’s a complete fuck up that will require some very careful navigation. I may have to pop out for some Bisto (having strategically planted the full packet at the bottoms of the bin)
Not many shops open Easter Sunday...could be out a while

:sandroscream:

ok, I'll help a fellow yid out and let you know my backup plan:
You pop out for some Milk (or Bisto, in your case) and phone up ten minutes later to say the local corner shop is out so you're going further afield to get it. Then you call her 20 minutes later to say the car's broken down. RAC/AA are on their way but as you're a grown man and it's Easter they won't be able to reach you for just over an hour. After an hour, call home again and say the breakdown service still aren't there and you've been told it'll be another 45 minutes or so. Time it just right and you'll get to see the whole game. Turn up back home after the match and explain that the car's fine, it just needed an inexpensive part replacing which the guy had in his breakdown van. It's all sorted. The part cost whatever you spend on a drink and some food. If Chelsea beat us then you'll look fed up so she'll believe the whole thing. If we win then you'll have to work hard to hide your glee. Good luck.

ok, I'll help a fellow yid out and let you know my backup plan:
You pop out for some Milk (or Bisto, in your case) and phone up ten minutes later to say the local corner shop is out so you're going further afield to get it. Then you call her 20 minutes later to say the car's broken down. RAC/AA are on their way but as you're a grown man and it's Easter they won't be able to reach you for just over an hour. After an hour, call home again and say the breakdown service still aren't there and you've been told it'll be another 45 minutes or so. Time it just right and you'll get to see the whole game. Turn up back home after the match and explain that the car's fine, it just needed an inexpensive part replacing which the guy had in his breakdown van. It's all sorted. The part cost whatever you spend on a drink and some food. If Chelsea beat us then you'll look fed up so she'll believe the whole thing. If we win then you'll have to work hard to hide your glee. Good luck.
:townhmm:

:adethumbup:

Spurs has the second-best away record in the Premier League behind Manchester City with 27 points from 15 games.
Spurs have won more points in Premier League derbies this season that any other side (13 points from seven games).

Spurs has the second-best away record in the Premier League behind Manchester City with 27 points from 15 games.
Spurs have won more points in Premier League derbies this season that any other side (13 points from seven games).
What is the Premier League derby metric?

Special Easter formation.

------------------------------------------------- Lloris----------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Dier------------------------------------------------
------------------------------- Alderweirald Sanchez Vertonghen
------------------------------------------------- Dembele------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Eriksen--------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Trippier--------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Davies---------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Lamela--------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------- Son-------------------------------------------------
if you squint your eyes, you can see Jesus face in it?p

hands up whos tried it

He's not the best CB in Europe. He's an excellent CB, but for him to be the best CB in Europe he has to play, would you have him for a contender as best player this year? You are judging him from one season, his first season with us. He was never spoken in those terms before joining us, his first season with us was unbelievable and rightly not just Spurs fans were rich with praise but he was then injured for much of his 2nd season and IMO Vertonghen was better than him last year anyway. This year he's been injured for an even longer period but for the 2nd year running Vertonghen has out performed him (when comparing the performances).

What has Toby done specifically that says he's a leader, captained this team before? Nope. Captained his Country before? Nope. A good player doesn't mean he's a leader. This leader you speak of is deliberately leaking information out to the press (nothing on Rose levels of traitorous nature, but not exactly worthy of a leader).

All that said and done he's not playing well. If he's not playing well he doesn't deserve to play. I don't care for reputation and what he's done in the past, today, right at this moment in time he simply isn't good enough to start, he doesn't make the side because others in his position are currently playing better than him. I have sympathy for a player who's been out injured for a long period of time because it takes time to get fitness and confidence back up without playing games, it's a double edge sword but you absolutely don't play him in such a game as Sunday's unless a) we have no choice through injury or sickness to another player b) in the vague hope he might come good, if he needs minutes then those can be achieved in other games but even then, if he wants out why would you play a player who's not fighting for them team, doesn't want to be in the team, his only aim is for personal gain and world cup selection, not for Tottenham Hotspur. I'd select the man that wants to play for his team over a man who wants to play for himself.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom