Chelsea v. Tottenham Hotspur 01/04/2018 @ 16:00 GMT

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Have you and John H ever watched a football before. We didn't even manage to beat them at our place. I would be delighted with a draw, but the reality is we will lose against them, because we always do.
We've lost 5 of 9 against them under Poch. Sure that's a lot, but it's not "always" is it...

It’d be really comforting if we went with Toby in a back 3

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen Davies

Dier Dembele

Alli Eriksen

Son

?

Going back a bit now but I was at the Bridge in 1970 when we won 2-0 with goals from Alan Mullery and a cracker from outside the box by Jimmy Pearce
The Shed emptied after the 2nd goal and they came round to sort us out!
Lol
Their average age seemed to be about 14

Wankers then and they haven’t changed

In the pouring rain, very strange. As John Lennon once said.

Calculations for top four aside, we need this for that confidence boost. Beat them 2-0 and then 3-0 in the final just to make sure. I want to knock these cunts out for a couple years with a one-two jab then massive punt to the bollocks

we need this for that confidence boost.

Hoodoo's seem to haunt us. We had many in the Jol days but this one remains. We have frequently been the better team but not won. I went to Stamford Bridge in the eighties and we won.
Can recall having to pick one of my kids up from School do in December in the 1990's and I think 3 years running it was this fixture and I listened to the match on the Radio and in the 10 mins or so travelling Chelsea always seemed to score. Once we were winning but they scored twice quickly to beat us. Remember fuming we lost those matches and cannot believe we still have not won there since. We have had our chances recently and not taken them.
This was the first fixture I looked for when the fixtures came out and was disappointed to see it came after an international break which is a time we have performed badly. Kane being injured makes it worse.
Like the Liverpool match at Anfield I would take a draw now. However that would mean another season before we can end this hoodoo. Cannot look forward to the match and hope we do not get beat but will be ecstatic if we can at last rid ourselves of this hoodoo.
we know what we do with hoodoos? As with against Liverpool, we performed very well and could have won. Chelsea, we will play with confidance and perform well, its how we deal with the whole game mentally. We must want this and take the game too them. Conti wants out so not 100%"focused. I feel they are there for the beating but we must always respect them as a good team. I feel we wont lose and possibly nick this.COYS

Back
Top Bottom