Chelsea (league Cup) semi 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

MOTM

• Total voters
Fine the cunt and send him to the stands for the second leg.

I dont like VAR, but fuck off. Like they're the first team to suffer......we got fucked about 5 times last year, and look at WBA

Think it's better than Lloris' personally.

Calm. Composed. Only made 2 errors from his distribution, which considering how much of the ball he had, is rather impressive.

Gazzaniga was trying to play it short for our defenders to try and work it into midfield and then through to Kane and Son down the channels. Problem was, we couldn't get it to midfield because they were all sub-par.

Gazzaniga (and our defence) was let down by our midfielders not capable of doing their job. Everytime we DID knock it long it came back to us. Gazzaniga tried his best NOT to knock it long knowing it'd cause us more pressure.

Ok

We did sit too deep for my liking which brought them on to us but maybe that was part of the plan if we got an early goal and Poch was happy with 1-0
I thought we were good defensively

If they score early in the 2nd leg I foresee problems

Tripps had a good 2nd half against Odoi and Toby was solid throughout

Sissoko had his usual good game and some other poster noticed that he’s now becoming more assertive with his team mates which is positive

Eriksen didn’t play well and neither did Son or Dele but maybe that was the system that Poch employed

Happy with the win but would have been much happier with a two goal cushion

To you he's always our best midfielder though isn't he?

At least I'm giving you an explanation of why I think he he isn't.

Clearly our best midfielder why? By all means peddle your bias explain your reasoning Bazza.

Explained

Blakey

Ok

We did sit too deep for my liking which brought them on to us but maybe that was part of the plan if we got an early goal and Poch was happy with 1-0
I thought we were good defensively

If they score early in the 2nd leg I foresee problems

Tripps had a good 2nd half against Odoi and Toby was solid throughout

Sissoko had his usual good game and some other poster noticed that he’s now becoming more assertive with his team mates which is positive

Eriksen didn’t play well and neither did Son or Dele but maybe that was the system that Poch employed

Happy with the win but would have been much happier with a two goal cushion

I think it was definitely a plan to aim to counter them. I thought that was clear early on when we looked for it long to Son over the top (who was unlucky against Christensen).

Will need to be a lot better in the second leg though!

So the player for us that saw more of the ball than anyone, was the one that was subdued. Of the players that started only Kane, Son and Alderweireld actually put in less tackles or intercepts than Sissoko but he was the one breaking up their attacks? Nobody on our team gave the ball away more than Rose, who also continually allowed Hudson-Odoi to put ball after ball into our box but he was MOTM?

Even by football's "all about opinions" that's pretty Abstract surrealism.

Ahab is right

I think it was definitely a plan to aim to counter them. I thought that was clear early on when we looked for it long to Son over the top (who was unlucky against Christensen).

Will need to be a lot better in the second leg though!

Will we have Vertonghen back?

Bloody hope so.

Though I'd still go 3 at the back for the second leg with Son missing. He was back in training from the last Poch presser so I'd imagine he'll be back.

Not that Sanchez did anything wrong

Back
Top Bottom