Chelsea Date

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will Spurs finish above Chelsea?

• Total voters
Edit: Chelsea v Spurs now confirmed for Wednesday 8th May at 7.45pm.

So no date has yet to be set for our game with Chelsea. Now this is because of many things, but in short, if Chelsea reach the finals of the Europa League AND the FA Cup, then our match could take place either 2 days after playing away at Wigan or 2 or 3 days after Chelsea play away v United depending on whether they reach the FA Cup final this weekend.

Chelsea's schedule is nothing short of ridiculous but our match with them could fall at a bad time if it's just 2 days after Wigan. If Chelsea fail to make the final, I reckon that we will play them on Wednesday 8th May. I expect all will be announced following the FA Cup semi final at the weekend. Extra reason to cheer on City I think as I'd much rather play them after they play United.

SUN 14 April - Man City v Chelsea (FA Cup Semi Final)
WED 17 April - Fulham v Chelsea
SUN 21 April - Spurs v Man City / Liverpool v Chelsea
THU 25 April - Basel v Chelsea (Europa League Semi Final 1st Leg)
SAT 27 April - Wigan v Spurs / Chelsea v Swansea
THU 02 May - Chelsea v Basel (Europa League Semi Final 2nd Leg)
SAT 04 May / SUN 05 May - Spurs v Southampton / Man Utd v Chelsea
WED 08 May - Chelsea v Spurs
SAT 11 May / SUN 12 May - Aston Villa v Chelsea / Stoke v Spurs
WED 15 May - Europa League Final (PENDING)
SUN 19 May - Spurs v Sunderland / Chelsea v Everton

I think they're all but assured of a EL final place now.. Basel at home in the 2nd Leg!

Surely THEY won't cock it up like we did!?

Chelsea have the squad to cope I feel, I haven't researched that but at a glance I I think this to be the case.
I think they've been as reliant on Mata as we have on Bale. In fact, I'm sure someone could validate this. That would suggest that their squad cannot afford too many injury/suspension setbacks especially with a tough run-in, tougher than ours in my opinion.

We should finish above them, their run in is horrible.

But this is Spurs we're talking about, we'll batter City and they'll just hold us to a draw, and then we'll get beaten by Sunderland.

#spursy

Chelsea have got a massive squad I'm sure they will cope with it :(
I think Spurs will finish 4th, Chelsea 3rd.

I think they've been as reliant on Mata as we have on Bale. In fact, I'm sure someone could validate this. That would suggest that their squad cannot afford too many injury/suspension setbacks especially with a tough run-in, tougher than ours in my opinion.

Hugely reliant. They tend not to win without Mata. Rafa likes to rest him too in the league, since I'm pretty sure he still would rather a cup than a cl spot.

I change my mind each time I look at it but if Fulham and QPR can force home draws out of the scum I could see them slipping out of the top four and us finishing fourth, three points behind chelsea.

Hugely reliant. They tend not to win without Mata. Rafa likes to rest him too in the league, since I'm pretty sure he still would rather a cup than a cl spot.
I hope that fat prick can sacrifice the league so he can try and bow out of his time at Chelsea with a couple of trophies. Let's be honest, I don't think he'll give a fuck what Chelsea fans think at the end of the season!

8th May, 19:45 kick off

They will have played Man Utd on the Sunday, but ManU will probably have won it by then, so we will be relying on Ol' Red Nose to still be going for the record points scored for them to put in a performance

Back
Top Bottom