Cheese & Cucumber Sandwichgate

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Morning everyone.

I'm putting yesterday behind me and moving on, with a lovely toasty breakfast, unless the missus confiscates it.

xQZVZK9.jpg

Other yeast extracts are available.

Edit: Thanks for the tips. Next time I go to WHL I'll hide the sarnie where the sun don't shine.

Hi Everyone, Im due for the Villa match and its the first time this season using the fully digital pass. Quick question, does it really have to be the registered phone or is a screenshot of the QR code going to work for a friend going with me.

basically im using dads one hostpur account to buy ticket for a friend.
Unless you're planning to eat said phone afterwards, your query has no place in this thread

In light of Conte's recent actions, I've revisited the devastatingly painful moment in my personal history.

It transpires that the Evil Bastard Steward who stole my sarnie was in fact years ahead of his time and should be promoted to a position of nutritional responsibility within the club. Don't know his name, but after we'd got to our seats I managed to get a photo of the heartless cur...

hfDyLjV.jpg

I took a cheese and cucumber sandwich to the first test event at the new stadium (Under 18's vs Southampton U18's) and it flew through security - no problem at all.

Today, I took an IDENTICAL cheese & cucumber sandwich to the West Ham game and it was CONFISCATED - chucked, without ceremony, into a wheelie bin.

I admit it was crap sliced white bread, but PLEASE, let's have some consistency.

To add insult to injury, I was allowed to take my 4 tomatoes through. If it's a safety issue, what would YOU rather throw - a cheese & cucumber sandwich or a tomato? If it's a food issue, how come tomatoes aren't food?

Csetu0w.jpg
This sandwich has cheered me up no end 👍

Saw somebody eating a homemade baguette in front of me. So he must've got it in somehow. Maybe down one trouser leg as somebody else suggested. Or with a sandwich maybe a half in each back pocket.
To be honest, there's plenty of room down my trousers for a baguette, so I might try it. Thanks for the idea. Could clingfilm it to my thigh.

But you cut it into rectangles like a crazy person.

Who cuts a sandwich from left to right?! The only socially acceptable ways are diagonal or top to bottom, and that is determined by the shape of the loaf. Wide loaves get cut top to bottom, standard loaves get cut diagonal. Everyone but sociopaths knows this.

download-1-24.jpg
Horizontal is the way to go, surely?

I can honestly say that at nearly 43 years old I have never seen a sandwich cut this crazy way or even had an inkling to cut one this way. It's no wonder we fought for our independence.

Have to say this is the way I cut it too. I find if you cut it vertically the halves are too "narrow"

Fucking exactly. Brings back terrible memories of opening up the lunchbox to find mum had done a job on you again with cheese and cucumber. Nothing else in the fridge was there?

That an adult would willingly do this to themselves in deeply troubling. It’s what I imagine Buffalo Bill would be eating whilst he’s busy sewing away
Apologies - I didn't tell you the whole story. You're absolutely right - cheese & cucumber is not good, but mine had salad cream on it, which magically transforms it into something bloody lovely.

ffs I'm being forced to justify my choice of sandwich filling here. Alright ffs. Fucking Norpak on one of the slices of bread, salad cream on the other. Sliced cheese (fucking Aldi Extra Mature Fucking Cheddar in the purple fucking pack, £1.75 a pack, followed by 4 thick slices of fucking cucumber, then CUT FUCKING HORIZONTALLY).
AND I EMBOSSED IT WITH THE SPURS LOGO (on both slices of bread, so I could see the logo whichever way I ate it) BEFORE I STARTED TO MAKE THE SANDWICH.

Satisfied?

Sorry, I got a bit angry there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom