Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I had ticket for the home end for Madrid last year, but babywipes and some Copa de Tinto, made me into the away end. I dont care if Im left in the home end vs Barcelona. Never been to Camp Nou. The drinking before and after the game with the traveling Yids is 80% of the fun. Getting away from wife & kids 10%. They serve alcohol at CL games this season, so Camp Nou and the match gets the last 10% ;)
Went to Barcelona last year and did the stadium tour. It is well away from tourist area and cannot recall any bars nearby. However bars within the complex and they serve in 2 pint glasses. Maybe different for match days. Great experience and well worth doing the tour whilst there but prebook.

We're flying back from Germany in October and will be taking my eldest to his first match, which will be against Cardiff on the 6th. The fact that we're playing Barcalona only days before certainly changes things! The plan is that I buy him an Eriksen shirt because he goes to a Danish school (blatant I have trilingual children), but if...if Cardiff somehow win...no. He's already Spurs. But...

:lamelashock:

Away fans are high up in the corner, is that right? Decent view?

Any idea where away fans meet up for a singsong during the the day, the equivalent of the Plaza Mayor in Madrid or the Piazza del Duomo in Milan?

No idea tbh about the pre game piss ups - i'd hazard a guess that it would be on the ramblas somewhere, i've been a couple of times for my work and few times as tourist

Away fans are very high up if i remember correctly, above the goal south, top tier

I would imagine Plaça Reial on the Ramblas is as likely as anywhere.

The is no-one more motivated than Poch to win against Barca.

Poch HATES Barca:
"In life, you have values which you are taught as a child and I just don't have any interest in Barça. We've always been rivals and I don't think I could ever coach a club which has been an archenemy for so many years because I would feel like a traitor to myself. You have to remain true to yourself and respect your own values".

On Xavi (following his comments on Dele should leave Spurs to go to Man City)...
Poch: "He's in a period when he loves to talk, he's in Doha [playing for Al Sadd] and listen, he was Barcelona player, he's my enemy,".

"the game between Espanyol and Barca when Xavi cheated the referees,
Xavi fell down in the box, said ‘penalty’ and they gave a penalty. It wasn’t a penalty but Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored for Barcelona and they won the game. After in the replay it was very funny because it was clear no one touched him. Come on! It goes from lie to lie to lie".

"He tried to destroy our focus to win because he hates me because he's Barcelona – player, fans, you know. I know him [Xavi] very well, I played against him a lot and when I was a manager [at Espanyol]. He is working for Manchester City, maybe? He wants to help Guardiola and [Vincent] Kompany."

An Espanyol man..
"Barcelona looks bigger than Espanyol but in the end, Espanyol was the real Catalans, the foundation and basis of the club," Pochettino said in September.

"That creates a bit of a problem between us. Always it was special to beat Barcelona because it is my sporting enemy."
:lamelaaghh:

The downside is that he obsesses over these two games and takes his eye off the others (league or CL), I don't think he will.

7 games in 22 days coming up.... THIS IS WHAT WE LIVE FOR......WHOOOOOOP!

Saturday 15th September PREMIER LEAGUE
Tottenham Hotspur vs Liverpool
Tuesday 18th September CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur
Saturday 22nd September PREMIER LEAGUE Brighton & Hove Albion vs Tottenham Hotspur
Tuesday 25th September EFL CUP Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford
Saturday 29th September PREMIER LEAGUE Huddersfield Town vs Tottenham Hotspur
Wednesday 3rd October CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona
Saturday 6th October PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham Hotspur vs Cardiff City

The is no-one more motivated than Poch to win against Barca.

Poch HATES Barca:
"In life, you have values which you are taught as a child and I just don't have any interest in Barça. We've always been rivals and I don't think I could ever coach a club which has been an archenemy for so many years because I would feel like a traitor to myself. You have to remain true to yourself and respect your own values".

On Xavi (following his comments on Dele should leave Spurs to go to Man City)...
Poch: "He's in a period when he loves to talk, he's in Doha [playing for Al Sadd] and listen, he was Barcelona player, he's my enemy,".

"the game between Espanyol and Barca when Xavi cheated the referees,
Xavi fell down in the box, said ‘penalty’ and they gave a penalty. It wasn’t a penalty but Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored for Barcelona and they won the game. After in the replay it was very funny because it was clear no one touched him. Come on! It goes from lie to lie to lie".

"He tried to destroy our focus to win because he hates me because he's Barcelona – player, fans, you know. I know him [Xavi] very well, I played against him a lot and when I was a manager [at Espanyol]. He is working for Manchester City, maybe? He wants to help Guardiola and [Vincent] Kompany."

An Espanyol man..
"Barcelona looks bigger than Espanyol but in the end, Espanyol was the real Catalans, the foundation and basis of the club," Pochettino said in September.

"That creates a bit of a problem between us. Always it was special to beat Barcelona because it is my sporting enemy."
:lamelaaghh:

The downside is that he obsesses over these two games and takes his eye off the others (league or CL), I don't think he will.

He will demand everything from our players for these games, same as he did against Real last year but even more so. it's going to be glorious.

I reckon there will be more Spurs than Barcelona in the Nou Camp in December!

As long as they don't block English cards like Madrid last year...

I would imagine Plaça Reial on the Ramblas is as likely as anywhere.
I'd forgotten that plaza. Not a fan of the Barrio Gotico (or the Ramblas if I'm honest) but I can make an exception, take one for the team. I also want to stop by the memorial to those who died and were injured in last years terrorist attack

Remember getting back into Europe and losing to kaiserslauten in 1999 this was the team

Tottenham Hotspur (4-5-1): Walker; Carr, Perry, Campbell, Edinburgh (Young, 76); Leonhardsen, Freund, Sherwood, Clemence, Iversen; Armstrong (Ginola, 81).

Yes George Graham decided that ginola should be a sub the only player in that bag of shite fit to have the cockrel on his chest. We have come a long way chaps a long long way

I remember that one

Gnashing of teeth as I type this

What a fucking clown Graham was

Back
Top Bottom