Carroll recall?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuine question

Can we recall Carroll from QPR? I don't really know how the loan system works, but he would be a handy player.

He could defo get the chance, given Eriksen or Holtby haven't really hit the ground running this season. Also from what I can recall he hasn't really been that much of a hit at QPR?
I'll bite and take this seriously. I'll do that by pointing to your last sentence. If he's struggling at Championship level, what would've Toure done to him today?

He's not the answer. Giving our new signings another few weeks is.

Does make me wonder how different things would be had we got Moutinho...
Even if we did get him he'd still probably hit the first man from set pieces and sky free kicks #Spursy

The fact this is worryingly true makes me genuinely wonder what we ARE doing to our players' ability in training!
It also leads me to question just HOW GOOD must a player be before he is immune to 'Spursynessitis'...
I reckon we could turn Messi to mush!!

so the messiah that's going to save our club & keep avb in a job
is a skinny 21 year old with a couple of substitute prem outings to his name
is what your saying!.
err.. no!

get behind the team we've got & avb... this is when support really means support.

The fact this is worryingly true makes me genuinely wonder what we ARE doing to our players' ability in training!
It also leads me to question just HOW GOOD must a player be before he is immune to 'Spursynessitis'...
I reckon we could turn Messi to mush!!
Mushi.

Lolz

Carroll is not the answer. In fact, he would contribute massively to the much-moaned-about 'crab football' we are playing at the moment. He loves a sideways pass, that boy. Not seen any cutting edge that separates him from our current crop.

Carroll is not the answer. In fact, he would contribute massively to the much-moaned-about 'crab football' we are playing at the moment. He loves a sideways pass, that boy. Not seen any cutting edge that separates him from our current crop.
While I completely agree that we should not recall him, I do not agree with you on the type of player he is.

He actually is one of those player that always looks to be passing forward.
That's one of the reasons why he is so highly rated.

I remember an EL game he played in this season.
The ITV analysts were raving about the kid ... for this particular reason. They pointed out how he pretty much never made a back pass, and that all his passes were pretty much forward if not at least diagonal. It was like Carroll was even hesitant if he did had to make a sideways pass.

Carroll is a top notch prospect ... for this particular reason, which is why I believe if could be in the Gerrard mold ... if he first gets the right loan moves.

Carroll's not played at QPR for two months due to a serious knee injury. IIRC he's been back at the Training Centre for treatment. No recall option on him or Benny for the season but there is one for Livermore I think.

Windy would know I'm sure

While I completely agree that we should not recall him, I do not agree with you on the type of player he is.

He actually is one of those player that always looks to be passing forward.
That's one of the reasons why he is so highly rated.

I remember an EL game he played in this season.
The ITV analysts were raving about the kid ... for this particular reason. They pointed out how he pretty much never made a back pass, and that all his passes were pretty much forward if not at least diagonal. It was like Carroll was even hesitant if he did had to make a sideways pass.

Carroll is a top notch prospect ... for this particular reason, which is why I believe if could be in the Gerrard mold ... if he first gets the right loan moves.
Hmm, not how I recall him playing, would love to see some passing stats.

So highly rated? Maybe by Spurs fans, but this is not the general consensus amongst football fans. The boy is going to be 22 by the end of this season. Your comparison - Gerrard - was playing first team football at 18. Tommy should be in our squad at his age, pushing for a first team place. Or at least in the rotation, playing EL games, league cup.

IF he isn't good enough at the moment, or our squad is too packed, then surely he should be on loan in the Premier League? Playing in the Championship in a team that is clearly above that league isn't going to help him develop. The difference between the top two tiers cannot be stressed enough, and he should be competing in the top tier if he has any hope of being in our team.

He played 83 minutes of leage football for us last season. 83 minutes. Now you might blame AVB, I don't think he'd ignore him had he showed the talent you speak of.

Actually, just found the passing stat. In his limited time on the pitch, 72% of his passes went forwards. I must say, more impressive than I thought, but that only paints half the picture. 'Forwards' doesn't denote that he is sliding through balls into the striker every time.

So yes, you are right, stats suggets he is a player that looks to go forwards, but I'm not sure he is the talent we all hope he is. The best players tend to break into their teams from a much younger age. Time is running out for him, that's for sure.

Carroll's not played at QPR for two months due to a serious knee injury. IIRC he's been back at the Training Centre for treatment. No recall option on him or Benny for the season but there is one for Livermore I think.

Windy would know I'm sure

Ankle, I believe.
Back from injury now and could start QPR's next game.

This thread is not as ludicrous as some have made it seem - Carroll's the exact type of player we're missing IMO - someone to keep the ball moving, and keep it moving *quickly*. We really lack a playmaker/metronome/tempo setter in the squad (esp with Capoue injured).

Back
Top Bottom