Carroll recall?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Genuine question

Can we recall Carroll from QPR? I don't really know how the loan system works, but he would be a handy player.

He could defo get the chance, given Eriksen or Holtby haven't really hit the ground running this season. Also from what I can recall he hasn't really been that much of a hit at QPR?

Eriksen is injured and has shown massive potential prior.

You'd have to be insane to write him off 4 games into his Spurs career at 21 years of age

Eriksen is injured and has shown massive potential prior.

You'd have to be insane to write him off 4 games into his Spurs career at 21 years of age
Didn't say anything about writing him off, but Carroll would give us another option

It was just a thought, not a kneejerk before anyone says so :avbfu:

I'd rather we recall Berbatov, Sheringham or Lineker right now!!!!

is Clive Allen still technically at the club...? Can't we give him a squad number? #49 would be perfect!!

I'd rather we recall Berbatov, Sheringham or Lineker right now!!!!

is Clive Allen still technically at the club...? Can't we give him a squad number? #49 would be perfect!!
The only logical Spursy step form here would be for Freund to line-up alongside Dembele next Sunday

'Ave It!

So as no one's taking this thread seriously can someone tell me what Holtby's done this season (or last season) that would make him a more effective option to us than Carroll?

I'm not talking about performances against poor Europa League sides either

Now Fruend is 'only' a coach, we need a German midfield cult hero on the pitch... he's fulfilled his job description perfectly!

That's not what I meant.....

Ah none of you lot will see the light :avbnaa:

Joke.

:adebaehug:

Though to be fair, the last thing Tom Carroll needs now is to be brought back in to save the day just to be the biggest cunt in three weeks time for misplacing a couple of passes in an abject 1-0 defeat away at west brom.

I'd also question, though I love them both, what has Tom carroll done to be a better choice than holtby?

Joke.

:adebaehug:
Though to be fair, the last thing Tom Carroll needs now is to be brought back in to save the day just to be the biggest cunt in three weeks time for misplacing a couple of passes in an abject 1-0 defeat away at west brom.

I'd also question, though I love them both, what has Tom carroll done to be a better choice than holtby?

Oops :bae:

Tbf though he has been getting a bit of stick off QPR fans because he doesn't run ahraaahnd a bit and/or hoof the ball. But yeah, there would be a lot of pressure on him.

OT: I just think Carroll's shown has done very well, maybe not better than Holtby, in the brief (too brief imo) appearances he's made. Granted I'm going to sound hypocritical here seeing as the majority of Carroll's good performances came against average Europa League sides, but he's also done very well from what I can recall against better sides (especially Basel, as well as Woolwich and Fulham).

If he hadn't had been loaned out then he'd have definitely been given more chances than he was last season, in all competitions imo. I really wish he hadn't been loaned out, especially to the Championship.

Back
Top Bottom