Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But seriously though, that was lucky. We did everything in our power to fuck this one up, and we barely got there in the end despite all that. We need to sort a few things out going forward, we can't keep doing it like this.

we carved them open about 4 or 5 times ffs

their goalie needs drug tested

But seriously though, that was lucky. We did everything in our power to fuck this one up, and we barely got there in the end despite all that. We need to sort a few things out going forward, we can't keep doing it like this.

I kinda agree with making things difficult for ourselves by not scoring earlier, but LUCKY?? We shoulda had 6 by half-time!
The best compliment I can pay us today, was like it was watching a Man Utd team from a few years back... had all the possession, deserved the win, and GOT the win, as LATE as humanly (or should that be humanely?) possible! Yes we coulda scored more... but we could also have scored '0'!! the fact we DID score, made 2 points and ALL the difference to everyone's mood today... don't spoil it now with reality and cold hard facts!!

(mind you, that one goal we've conceded ALL season is making ALL the fucking difference to ours/ArseAnal's league position, so at least the ghost of OLD Spurs is still lingering!!)

A last minute WINNING goal when we were on top all game, their GK having the game of his life, Clattenburg was in charge, and you could just sense the total opposite happening... this doesn't feel right! HOW VERY UNSPURSY!

Thank fook... NEW Spurs have arrived!

(ahem, and it's my birthday!!)

Now all we need to do is lose out on CL on all the GD we didn't rack up today, and we'll have our OLD Spurs back...
Happy b/day from :holtbytongue::lamelawtf: and :paulinhowtf:

YEEEEEEAAAAS
BUyE7ahCcAAFI8j.jpg

It takes time for a striker to settle. Always does. Some take a whole season, like Giroud. He'll be fine.

Giroud wasn't a proven world class striker though. He had only played 1 season in ligue 1, the rest in ligue 2, so he was never going to score loads of goals.

Soldado is a world class striker, who scored 20+ goals, in a top league, for about 5 years running.

Just need to put some of those shots a foot further away from their keeper :ledley:
speaking as a knackered old ex keeper, I think that's being a touch uncharitable, old boy. The save from Soldado (when Soggy's shot came back of the bar) and the one from Paulinho's earlier flick were both out of the top drawer

Back
Top Bottom