Cardiff City vs. Tottenham Hotspur (Defoe injured)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So Gentlemen... How does it feel to have £31.5-36.5 million worth of talent come off the bench and win a match for us?!:levylol::lamelawtf::holtbytongue:

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay bemoaned refereeing decisions after his side slipped to a late 1-0 loss against Spurs on Sunday.

Paulinho's last-gasp winner downed the Bluebirds, who had a goal disallowed on the stroke of half-time when Ben Turner's header from a corner was discounted after referee Mark Clattenburg ruled Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris had been impeded by Aron Gunnarsson.

Early on, Lloris appeared to have handled outside the box when he robbed the ball from Frazier Campbell's feet after a poor Kyle Naughton back-pass but he was not sent-off.

Mackay told Sky Sports: "I suppose everybody will look at that (the Lloris handball), I'm more disappointed that Frazier never stuck it away.
"He's a very good finisher, he got onto it really well, read it really well, and he's disappointed himself that he never finished that.

"And we're disappointed about the disallowed goal and I think the referee will look at that tonight and Hugo Lloris will look at that tonight and Hugo will think he is very, very lucky.
"He was the one who was holding onto Aron Gunnarsson and it can be seen clear when you look at the replay."

At the time there was confusion whether the goal was disallowed for a Turner push on Michael Dawson as he went for the header, but Mackay said: "I cleared that up with the fourth official, I asked the fourth official and he was very, very clear it Gunnarsson on the goalkeeper which again, when you look at it back, it's quite extraordinary."

About Naughton though, he was up against Bellamy who was right up for it as usual. However, he is a weakness and opposing teams will be targeting him in future.
They will, and the likes of Chelsea will show him right up if given the chance. Come the end of the season it could cost us CL football more mistakes like his back pass today. And, it's not really fair on the guy cause he is a RB. Would Walker be good at LB for instance?
For me, next week against Chelski we have a good chance of a draw or better if Rose plays. Probably even Vert. But Naughton will mean nought points (see what I did there? :ossie:)

Some more opposition view on this forum below. Some are quite laughable.

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123684

Anyway, a great win. As AVB has said not many teams will be going there and taking all 3 points. Im very happy and we now go into the Chelsea game very strongly. If we would of lost today it would of made next week even more nerving.

To be fair it appears to be one nut job, the rest seem fairly reasonable.

Love this guy. Quickly becoming one of my favorites. Hell I already love so many of our new guys. Soldado is awesome, Eriksen is amazing, Lamela is going to be so good, Capoue is a monster, we are an awesome team.

BUyFI1xCEAADgcJ.jpg:large

"hooooooooo shiiiiiiiiiiiit"
"If I can just give this ball a light tap past that attacker..."

Cardiff boss Malky Mackay bemoaned refereeing decisions after his side slipped to a late 1-0 loss against Spurs on Sunday.

Paulinho's last-gasp winner downed the Bluebirds, who had a goal disallowed on the stroke of half-time when Ben Turner's header from a corner was discounted after referee Mark Clattenburg ruled Spurs keeper Hugo Lloris had been impeded by Aron Gunnarsson.

Early on, Lloris appeared to have handled outside the box when he robbed the ball from Frazier Campbell's feet after a poor Kyle Naughton back-pass but he was not sent-off.

Mackay told Sky Sports: "I suppose everybody will look at that (the Lloris handball), I'm more disappointed that Frazier never stuck it away.
"He's a very good finisher, he got onto it really well, read it really well, and he's disappointed himself that he never finished that.

"And we're disappointed about the disallowed goal and I think the referee will look at that tonight and Hugo Lloris will look at that tonight and Hugo will think he is very, very lucky.
"He was the one who was holding onto Aron Gunnarsson and it can be seen clear when you look at the replay."

At the time there was confusion whether the goal was disallowed for a Turner push on Michael Dawson as he went for the header, but Mackay said: "I cleared that up with the fourth official, I asked the fourth official and he was very, very clear it Gunnarsson on the goalkeeper which again, when you look at it back, it's quite extraordinary."
Well if it wasn't a foul on Lloris then he can't complain cause it was a foul on Dawson. Either way it was the right decision in the end (though often the ref gets such decisions wrong in favour of the attacking side).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom