Capoue, Holtby and Lamela (Rant)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also:

Obviously there is the fan favourite Holtby,very tidy player and arguably a good second number 10 to Eriksen.A guy who has shown quite a lot of passion for the club, now been frozen out.

I love that you cite 'fan favourite' and 'passion for the club' as if these are in any way important things. If he's not showing it on the pitch (which IMO he hasn't been yet) then nothing else matters. If David Bentley had 'passion for the club' would you have wanted him starting?

Not that that's in any way relevant because, as above, he's been injured.

Also:

I love that you cite 'fan favourite' and 'passion for the club' as if these are in any way important things. If he's not showing it on the pitch (which IMO he hasn't been yet) then nothing else matters.

Wasn't Livermore saying something like "Score against the best team in the world? I play for them" after he scored against Barcelona in 2009? I am not sure how much he has shown it on the pitch in his performances for us.

My point is, if we'd only need passion to win a game we could make a team formed solely out of fans. Wouldn't quite work. I love Holtby's dedication, but he had games when i would have preferred to see a better performance from him instead of that passion.

Also:
I love that you cite 'fan favourite' and 'passion for the club' as if these are in any way important things. If he's not showing it on the pitch (which IMO he hasn't been yet) then nothing else matters. If David Bentley had 'passion for the club' would you have wanted him starting?

You are using some sort of logical falacy. David bentley and Holtby are hardly the same gravy. Holtby is a very good number 10 on his day and we have seen his link up play with Defoe in the Europa. Not to mention he has played his part with that screamer he scored a while ago.I hardly see bentaleb showing he is a class above holtby.

Holtby just has an identity crisis I think, so keen to be involved in any way possible, he needs to think about what he wants to be and really craft himself in a particular role so he can develop

Well you saw the title so expect a good old fashion moan. But why the hell do we have a near £50m worth of talent playing ******* charlton u21s. Get over it Sherwood, what did Capoue do to him?, bang his daughter or something?.Capoue is a proven and tested second defensive midfielder to sandro.

Then there is Lamela,he went from playing 4-3-3 against the likes of juventus and now playing the spurs reserves ,*****.Our club record signing is not being eased into the team he is being forced out with stupid tactics.
Obviously there is the fan favourite Holtby,very tidy player and arguably a good second number 10 to Eriksen.A guy who has shown quite a lot of passion for the club, now been frozen out.

This is the problem, these are talented players being forced out the club so Sherwood can play his 'kids'.I am honestly done for the season if Lamela leaves this january.

You sir are a fucking idiot.

It seems the AVB fanboys are jumping on Sherwoods back very quickly and the Anti AVB crowd are calling them names for doing exactly what they were doing when AVB was in charge.

Can't we all just get along and back whoever is the manager whilst they're the manager?

monk-katy-gif1.gif

You sir are a fucking idiot.

I am bringing to light relevant issues, Lamela's dad has just come out saying lamela wants to leave, Holtby has told the media he could welcome a move back to the bundesliga. Yes I am an idiot for questioning whats going on with the talent and long term future of tottenham FC.

It seems the AVB fanboys are jumping on Sherwoods back very quickly and the Anti AVB crowd are calling them names for doing exactly what they were doing when AVB was in charge.

Can't we all just get along and back whoever is the manager whilst they're the manager?

monk-katy-gif1.gif

AVB deserves his stick for the bad handling of Ekotto and Adebayor but this is even more ludicrous when you have £50m worth of talent being discarded because it does not fit in with our PE teachers philosophy.I see bad managament and long term consequences if we isolate the real talent in the squad.

AVB deserves his stick for the bad handling of Ekotto and Adebayor but this is even more ludicrous when you have £50m worth of talent being discarded because it does not fit in with our PE teachers philosophy.I see bad managament and long term consequences if we isolate the real talent in the squad.

Yeah cos Lamela and Capoue were getting so many games under AVB.

The only reason Capoue even got back in the team was cos we needed a CB.

Yeah cos Lamela and Capoue were getting so many games under AVB.

The only reason Capoue even got back in the team was cos we needed a CB.

Plus, Holtby was playing far more in the Europa League than the the Prem. Sherwood is absolutely doing right getting Lamela and Holtby playing time coming off injury.

From someone who was actually at the game (Me) - Lamela came off at HT, clearly not match fit, even if he showed class. This was a game arranged compltely to get players match fit.
Kane came off on the 50th too because he is also returning from a back injury.

However, Holtby was an absolute boss. I cant wait for the highlights to come out, it might not do him justice but I hope it does.
Capoue, although he was there and making himself busy, he still didnt shine for me..

Have a look at the U18's/u21's/reserves thread if you want a (Slightly) more in depth report...

A 'PE teacher' with a record of three wins and one draw in the League. Argue the toss about his ability and aptitude all you want, but don't be deliberately dense, disrespectful and obnoxious whilst doing so.

From someone who was actually at the game (Me) - Lamela came off at HT, clearly not match fit, even if he showed class. This was a game arranged compltely to get players match fit.
Kane came off on the 50th too because he is also returning from a back injury.

However, Holtby was an absolute boss. I cant wait for the highlights to come out, it might not do him justice but I hope it does.
Capoue, although he was there and making himself busy, he still didnt shine for me..

Have a look at the U18's/u21's/reserves thread if you want a (Slightly) more in depth report...

From: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/charlton-friendly-070114/?
Spurs: Miles, Fredericks (Stewart 57), Smith, Capoue, Veljkovic, Fryers, Lamela (McEvoy 57), Holtby, Obika, Kane (Coulibaly 57), Chadli.

:troll:

I am bringing to light relevant issues, Lamela's dad has just come out saying lamela wants to leave, Holtby has told the media he could welcome a move back to the bundesliga. Yes I am an idiot for questioning whats going on with the talent and long term future of tottenham FC.
have you got any quotes from his dad's comments?

Back
Top Bottom