Capoue, Holtby and Lamela (Rant)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well you saw the title so expect a good old fashion moan. But why the hell do we have a near £50m worth of talent playing ******* charlton u21s. Get over it Sherwood, what did Capoue do to him?, bang his daughter or something?.Capoue is a proven and tested second defensive midfielder to sandro.

Then there is Lamela,he went from playing 4-3-3 against the likes of juventus and now playing the spurs reserves ,*****.Our club record signing is not being eased into the team he is being forced out with stupid tactics.
Obviously there is the fan favourite Holtby,very tidy player and arguably a good second number 10 to Eriksen.A guy who has shown quite a lot of passion for the club, now been frozen out.

This is the problem, these are talented players being forced out the club so Sherwood can play his 'kids'.I am honestly done for the season if Lamela leaves this january.

In all fairness, there seemed to be a lot of first team players playing in the game. The fact the game finished 10-5 (or 10-6 according to other sources) suggests the game wasn't exactly played at 100%.

More than likely just a training session, used to bring players back from injury and help with the new system, but against a competitive opponent.

Also don't forget Lamela, Capoue and Holtby all missed the Woolwich game with injury - this may just be part of their rehab.

before the hate comes @ trifficTotnum , I have to say I agree with much that you have said. Furthermore, I have already written off this season since the weasel took over and am impressed with anyone who has any degree of optomisim
left in them for this season.

They've been injured!! He's easing them back, surely?

If all 3 are back in France/Germany/Italy respectively by Jan 31st, then I take it all back, and Tim's a twat for letting such talent slip through his grasp, he won't know what he's missing till it's gone... but give him the benefit of the doubt for now, FFS?

Fuck the kids.
wenger.jpg

FIXED!

Lennon, Paulinho, Lamela, Dembele, Holtby, Capoue, Chadli, Sigurdsson, Eriksen, Sandro, Townsend.

Short of playing a 0-11-0 with rush keeper there is always going to be midfield 'talent' missing out.

Well you saw the title so expect a good old fashion moan. But why the hell do we have a near £50m worth of talent playing ******* charlton u21s. Get over it Sherwood, what did Capoue do to him?, bang his daughter or something?.Capoue is a proven and tested second defensive midfielder to sandro.

Then there is Lamela,he went from playing 4-3-3 against the likes of juventus and now playing the spurs reserves ,*****.Our club record signing is not being eased into the team he is being forced out with stupid tactics.
Obviously there is the fan favourite Holtby,very tidy player and arguably a good second number 10 to Eriksen.A guy who has shown quite a lot of passion for the club, now been frozen out.

This is the problem, these are talented players being forced out the club so Sherwood can play his 'kids'.I am honestly done for the season if Lamela leaves this january.
Mostly agree with you. However, we've got a massive squad at the moment and I think no matter what someone is going to be left out and people are going to be crying over why "X" isn't getting any minutes.

In some respects it's unavoidable, and in other respects there's cause for concern, as like you mention it doesn't look like the club is getting a good return on its investment in these players.

However, it's not as though even the supporters are united in one voice, either. A lot of the more stubborn old-school supporters (Harry crowd) have already made their mind up regarding Lamela, and haven't been convinced by either Capoue or Holtby yet, either.

As well as easing them in, letting them run riot might give them a little confidence in their ability

Granted you could say having to play against the U21's is demoralising, but it depends on the circumstances and this isn't AVB punishing Ade - it looks like a match fitness from injury thing

They've been injured!! He's easing them back, surely?

If all 3 are back in France/Germany/Italy respectively by Jan 31st, then I take it all back, and Tim's a twat for letting such talent slip through his grasp, he won't know what he's missing till it's gone... but give him the benefit of the doubt for now, FFS?

Please keep rational thought processes out of this thread. Thank you for your co-operation.

Holtby played in two U21 games earlier this season when coming back from injury with AVB as manager. Lamela and Holtby are coming back from injury and Capoue needs fitness. But don't let facts alter the narrative.

Last edited:
I think he's gonna give the 'Christmas squad' a shuffle...

....expect changes!

1-1-1-1 formation;

---- Brad ----
-- Sandro --
-- Lamela --
--- Defoe ---

clownwood is taking us back to the 90s, lets force out the technical creative talent and replace them with lads who can 'kick and run'.what a joke.

I miss Andy Sinton, Ruel Fox, Stuart Nethercott, Clive Wilson....the brief but erotic loan spell of Andy Booth (that might have been early 2000), and Andy Turner. That, and our gung ho approach to beating Oldham in order to confirm our PL status. If, if this is Timmie's plan then by God man, step back and leave him to it.

Ha, are you fucking kidding me?

Holtby, Capoue and Lamela all picked up knocks that they're in the early stages of recovering from (Holtby and Lamela) or close but not yet 100% fit from (Capoue). Hence why they've only just started appearing in pics of senior training again, hence why they're getting runouts with the kids. Look for yourself: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

And even if they weren't all injured or coming back from injury, if they don't fit the current system and the tactics (which haven't yet been beaten in the League, by the way) or aren't up to scratch in training (which we can't view), then it's entirely the manager's prerogative to keep them warm with U21 outings.

Sherwood has undeniable flaws, but this is ridiculous. Get over these overstretched conspiratorial ideas as soon as you possibly can, for your own sake.

Back
Top Bottom