Capital One Cup SEMI-FINAL vs. Sheffield United

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

B8d81NkIMAEXwVT.jpg

Everybody looks so excited...Not to stereotype but this is what I like about smaller club players or players that aren't too famous... their soul is there. I saw Benjamin, Eriksen, Townsend, some others, even Adebayor celebrating.

Everybody looks so excited...Not to stereotype but this is what I like about smaller club players or players that aren't too famous... their soul is there. I saw Benjamin, Eriksen, Townsend, some others, even Adebayor celebrating.

That was fucking infuriating, as always, but fuck it we got there. Now the big one :chadliblow:

Really liked Kane's reaction in front of the fans after the 2nd goal.

For once lets rid of any negativity yeah? If we can't celebrate reaching a final will we ever? Also I love Eriksen and Kane, them two chasing down their entire teams back four in the final minutes all by themselves was just so fucking amazing to watch! I'm starting to really, really love this team! Couldn't of asked for more from Poch, COYS!!!

Did't say Paulihno had cost us the game....we still were in it at 2-2. However, where we looked so comfortable he thought he could bring Lamela and Dembele off, rest them. It backfired as Paulinho is not good enough in the tackle or getting about. They suddenly had plenty of time to pick the passes out as we may as well have been playing with two men in midfield. Eriksen was never on the left anyway, but Dembele's work rate and strength, and the changing over of Eriksen/Lamela ( which meant Lamela to the left) meant they could not settle.
AT also does not move the ball as quick as Lamela. Before the subs we were looking like we were safe. Like we were in cruise control
Saying that, Poch should be able to rely on a fresh international player to come in and match the workrate and do a job.
I think MP has learned a lesson today.

I am not too impressed with what Dembele has contributed to us since bought. However, I have to say tonight he moved the ball fast -and forwards, went past players and had a couple of digs. You could tell he was rusty but he did more in one night than he has done for fucking ages.
Maybe Poch will play him further up the pitch and ask him to interchange with Eriksen on the left. It will be better for him and benefit us more than having him hold onto the ball too long and pass it sidewards in the midfield duo.

What a turnout by the travelling army. Made most of the noise until they scored. Well done to all those that went and what a way to watch another away win: another late Eriksen clincher.

Back
Top Bottom