Can we finish third?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It will be Hodgson's last game with West Brom before he fucks off to England. He'll want to go out with a win, but not sure if the players will be trying to impress any potential new manager, or ignoring everything Woy says and start winding down for the summer. Could go either way I reckon.

Well in any case, Albion will have a lot less riding on it than woolworths, so we know which team will have more incentive/desire.

Finishing third requires one team to fuck up and one team to man up.
Unfortunately, we've not been home to Mr. Man Up this season.

We came close, and there is an echo of glory still in this season.
Just with a sour aftertaste of manager-taking-his-eye-off-the-ball-to-look-up-the-skirt-of-England-when-she's-just-a-cocktease.
Tangfastic.

We'll draw with Villa, scum will beat Norwich = 3pt gap. Cue lots of tears and breaking things.

Final day we're 4-0 up against Fulham with the scum at 1-1, news filters through that they concede a late goal and lose 2-1.

I hug lots of random people and get so drunk I can't walk.

That defeat at the end of Feb was painful enough to live through once. :gomes:

I think it's going to be the difference between us being 3rd and 4th. :vdvcry:

We were 2-nil up for for fucks sake.............. :bmj:

It's the first time Lambert has lost 3 games in a row since being in charge of Norwich, he'll be very eager personally not to make it three, even if it is just a draw. Plus it's Roys last game as mentioned. Also Woolwich still haven't won a game without arteta being in the team since he signed... It could happen. Believe!

Yes. And we will if we win our next 2 games. Woolwich have no Arteta, he's as important to them as Modric is to us. West Brom are not easily broken down and Norwich can't be written off as we saw.

This season has taught me that almost anything is possible / can happen in football.
Can we finish 3rd? Of course we can.
Do you think we will finish 3rd? A totally different question.

Until it's gloriously shattered I'm still hanging onto the orgasmic dream scenario: Us 3rd, Newc 4th, Chelscum lose BOTH cup finals :gomes:

RafaelVanderVaart1024_2757557.jpg

Tottenham will qualify for the Champions League if they win their last two games, according to Rafael van der Vaart.

Spurs trail Woolwich by a point, going into the final two games, and may have to overcome their neighbours in order to qualify for next season's Champions League, if Chelsea win this year's competition.

But the Dutch midfielder is confident that his side will line up amongst Europe's elite next season, whether that is by finishing third, or through a favour from Bayern Munich - Chelsea's opponents in the final on 19th May.

He said: "We look to Woolwich - we were 10 points ahead, now we are one down, but anything is possible. As long as we win, I have a feeling we will be in the Champions League."

"As long as we win, I have a feeling we will be in the Champions League."
Rafael van der Vaart Quotes of the week
Unfair

Should Chelsea triumph in Munich, they will take the fourth place in the competition for next season, a rule many have cited as unfair but Van der Vaart is hoping that it will not need to be implemented.

He continued: "I hope my friends in Germany do a good job! But we want to win every game now and we will see what happens."

Badman_Moodio said:
It will be Hodgson's last game with West Brom before he fucks off to England. He'll want to go out with a win, but not sure if the players will be trying to impress any potential new manager, or ignoring everything Woy says and start winding down for the summer. Could go either way I reckon.

Sorry for the neg rep :harryfacepalm:

Van der Vaart is such a top bloke. His interviews always seem like he's motivated and ready to fight for it. Not like Harry "hope Chelski win CL" Redknapp. Same thing i've noticed with Kyle Walker, they both seem like good personalities.

Back
Top Bottom