Came across this image on Clapton FC Ultras blog:

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

this is fucking football, a sport, supposed to unite people for a freindly kickabout, not divide people into different political views or different cultures, i couldn't give a shit if you slept in a bed with a union jack bed cover and a british and proud sign hanging over your bed and i don't care if you have antifa signs. leave politics out of spurs and football, discuss on a different playing field, sick of hearing 'i'm a Loyalist', 'I'm a republican', I'm Antifa' 'i'm a member of the edl'. I couldn't give less of a fuck, don't mind if you're part of the love it don't hate it marmite appreciation society, we're all spurs!

tumblr_mmn53yfsZs1sn3xs2o1_500.gif

Just to clear it up @ LiamFromTheLane LiamFromTheLane when I said "jumping on the bandwagon" I wasn't referring to you individually. I have noticed a lot of people have suddenly become 'antifa' out of the blue though.

I think that is probably down to the rise of the far right. The EDL is very visible now, lots of people are sympathising with them. Across Europe there are groups like Golden Dawn in Greece who are overtly fascist.

By definition, a rise in fascism will trigger a rise in anti-fascism.

I just think that spurs, of all places, is not likely to be turned by fascism or the far right. Now if we were talking Chelsea or West Ham I could see it. Unless I have genuinely missed something.

Just to clear it up @ LiamFromTheLane LiamFromTheLane when I said "jumping on the bandwagon" I wasn't referring to you individually. I have noticed a lot of people have suddenly become 'antifa' out of the blue though.
This isn't a bad thing. It's like the other chap said - the rise of the far right will lead to the left being more vocal and visible, showing there is an alternative to being a nazi.

I just think that spurs, of all places, is not likely to be turned by fascism or the far right. Now if we were talking Chelsea or West Ham I could see it. Unless I have genuinely missed something.

No, I agree. I think politics should be left out of football. Like you allude to, it's a shame clubs like the chavs became a home for many of the far right.

Yeah you'd think so but the EDL aren't traditional far-right, they're not like National Front, C18 etc.
Not only do they pretend not to be fascist & racist, they also try & bumlick Israeli flags to gain Jewish support (cos they see Islam as the common enemy) which as we know relates to us..

we're never going to become a facist club ffs, there's no need to take any action, just go to games and enjoy yourself rather than trying to prevent something that's never going to happen.

Most of facists full of fucking hot air they just inflate themselves, strut around for a while, beat up the helpless pricks and then burst.

I think we're all missing the most obvious, serious point here...

CLAPTON FC have Ultras???? I didn't even know they still had a TEAM!

Back
Top Bottom