Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur, Sunday 5th April, 13:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do have to agree with you greavsie on your point about the league cup final and the europa game. Personally I thought potch got it all arse about face. I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but In my opinion he got everything wrong regarding those 2 games. Team selections to tactics
Cheers Justin. Why people keep defending the fiasco that Poch presided over in those two games is beyond me, but hey ho, etc.:)

I rarely see you praising me, just questioning and criticising me.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I can't help it if you see someone disagreeing with you as an 'attack'. If I agree with you I'll give you a tick, and if I don't I'll comment. I spent an hour last week trying to dig up some information for you - unsuccessfully I'll admit - but I don't think that is the behaviour of someone who has it in for you. You have strong opinions on Spurs - fine - but you surely must accept that others do too, and this will often result in robust debate to put it mildly.

I don't like the sound of you panicking when you go online though. Can't you just try and take it less seriously? :thumbup:

Don't bother then, you keep putting negative posts against me, so you might as well join the detractors :thumbup:
e39f9225b3e8dee67f99fda0690af86c.jpg
Man we love the de tractors.

Didn't attack you personally, only your opinion.
Waste of time mate.

He says there is nothing in our recent form to say we can beat Burnley ... we have won 3 of our last 4 league games, including the teams either side of Burnley in the table. You point this out and it is a personal attack.

He says Poch has made shocking choices in the start 11, ask him what his preferred team would be and that is a personal attack.

We also have to play man city and southampton, not to mention win the rest of our games. On top of that we haven't exactly been playing well have we.
Don't do it to yourself mate
As we all, I have experience of this, form past season and have developed defensive distraction techniques to deal with the disappointment when it all goes wrong. However, I really do feel and have done for many weeks that it is our destiny this season to finish 4th. I will alway believe we can until its not possible. COYS

Last edited:
Cheers Justin. Why people keep defending the fiasco that Poch presided over in those two games is beyond me, but hey ho, etc.:)
loyalty to Spurs-being a Spurs fan? e.g. Today I watched Liv Vs Scum, I couldn't help myself every time Liverpool missed an effort on goal, cheering them on. I had to keep reminding myself I wanted them to lose?

Spurs 2-3 win - 3 pts is all we need?

Rethinking my team selection. I know it's not going to happen, but

[formation=4213, Vorm, Walker, Dier/Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Eriksen, Lamela/ Townsend, Kane, Rose][/formation]

Just with both Walker and Rose bombing forward it gives Bentaleb an awful lot to do to cover both. This way, you'd hope Rose would track back a fair bit if needed and Bentaleb wouldn't have to cover both flanks. But I also think that we should be looking to go out to beat a team like Burnley, not shutting up shop and hoping for a 0-0 draw. Rose has been outstanding recently and why not give him a shot on the wing? Chadli hasn't really been performing too well there recently. Can't decide between Lamela and Townsend, as neither have been setting the world alight, the goal for England could give Townsend a boost.

If Poch judges his players after how they have performed in Tottenham's shirt, and not their respective national sides, there is no way Townsend, Chadli and Walker start. However, they will likely start all three. Walker I can understand and since he has no replacement in the squad.

Massive game tomorrow, we drop points - top 4 is officially over and a win gives us 2/3 points to go on Saints and Pool. Burnley will be playing for their survival so will be a tough game for sure.

I'd go with:
Vorm
Walker Fazio Verts Rose
Mason Bentaleb
Lamela Dembèlè Eriksen
Kane

come on guys, why the need of discussing the same every week? let's stop be our own enemies.

And fucking hell, the game is in a bad hour, Easter in Portugal is taken very serious by my family :avbmad:

but i will escape and see Kane smash Burnley :sandroscream:

I do have to agree with you greavsie on your point about the league cup final and the europa game. Personally I thought potch got it all arse about face. I'm not saying he is a bad manager, but In my opinion he got everything wrong regarding those 2 games. Team selections to tactics

Being as we lost both games I can't see what argument there could be as to what he got right.

There's some beautiful posts in here.

As for the game , a very tight win with mistakes & bits of sublime from both teams , maybe a wonder goal by Burnley & a superhuman performance by the keeper...

It's what we do TM

This is new for me, but I WAS FORCED to log in to browse this forum, just to be able to block Greaves357_bestever.
This shouldn't be a post to be honest, but I'm just so enraged that I don't give a fuck. That defeatist bullshit and relishing in other peoples' hope just grind my shit. Sorry for the rant.

Back
Top Bottom