Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And some jokers on this forum agree with the dinosaur because Ndombele doesn’t score screamers every week or doesn’t run his arse off like Lamela or Lucas. Fucking lol.

that's just bollox mate.

Most of the people slagging Ndombele off would be the same ones giving the likes of Soldado and Janssen all the support in the world, even though they were both poor players because they both put a shift in for the team and you could see that they cared.
Ndombele doesn't break out of a jog, the difference in the way we played when Gio came on and he dictated the midfield was night and day. The squad is going through the ringer at the moment, everyone was exhausted after extra time the other night, and Ndombele STILL didn't run.

This is a wake up call for him now, he either shapes up or ships out.

You fucking coward Mourinho - blame Ndombele because of your bollocks tactics. Was Ndombele the reason we were fucking shit when you did the same tactics at Chelsea or the reason we were outplayed at home to Norwich for a fucking hour? You fucking wanker, blame a player for your tactical fucking mess. Cunt.

That first half was up there with some of the biggest tactical garbage I’ve seen from a Spurs manager in modern times. Five fucking CB’s, three fuckbumblers ahead of a two man midfield? Meaning no wide and virtually no options for the CM’s when they did get on the ball, when the 3cb’s weren’t just whacking they fucking thing up the pitch for the fuckbumblers to chase.

Then he makes two subs, and instead of taking off two of the CB’s, he takes off the two CM’s. Fucking wanker.

We were better second half, primarily because we now had Lo Celso on, who’s a fucking good player, and we had an extra body ahead of the midfield as an option instead of behind them, and Moura gave us a bit of energy too, and because it was technically impossible to be as fucking passively inept as we’d been in the first half.

But we still only had one fucking shot on target in that second half.

Last edited:
Listen, I like Ndombele too (judging by your choice of avatar) and think he has all the talent in the world - but do you really think that's why people are frustrated at him?
Yeah people are frustrated because he seems not to give a shit. Isn’t it that? Oh and his price tag adds a lot of fuel to the criticism.

He actually looked better today than in his previous cameos regarding commitment/work rate, put in some tackles, ran back to defend etc, but Mourinho system is not suiting him. He can’t defend, you can’t rely on him to fucking defend because he’s not that type of a player.

So why didn’t this proven winner say how shit his tactics were in the first half? But of course blaming it on Ndombele to deflect that. Fucking pathetic.

Our defensive solidity starts with the ability to possess the ball in midfield and move it forward. Every time we play 3/5 at the back we can't effectively move the ball upfield and thus concede huge chances.

I don't even mind who Mou started, it was the formation that was a bigger issue.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche talking to Sky Sports: "A very rare mistake from Ben Mee and you wonder how it would affect things, but we gripped the game and I was really pleased with it.

"We build slowly, we are not the real deal yet. But I think everyone saw a good Burnley side here.

"In the second half, the referee changed his performance. Everything was given for very little, after their staff had a word coming off at half-time.

"I have spoken to the powers that be about players rolling around and no-one is interested. It needs to be looked at, but it won't be. The game needs to be careful."

Fuck off you northern cunt. After the chavs and woolwich no team fucks me off more. Total waste of space. Their entire philosophy is shithousing and then he moans when refs pick them up on it

Hopefully ndombele will show his potential. I seem to remember dembele was similarly mercurial when he first arrived. But I agree with the sentiment and attitude, show some fucking commitment. 65m for a fat bloke who is less fit than Russell grant is irritating.

Dembele used to regularly piss on the midfield of elite teams even when he was at Fulham. Dembele was not consistent at that time but he showed his guts and his quality straight away. It‘s embarrassing for Ndombele to even invite the comparison at this point.

He’s been injured or sick for a year and and has been integrated back into the side.
He was never a shit DM, just an out of form and unfit one. That’s the lie you’ve all tried to spin and when he regains his form you will all start pretending it’s a new thing.
It’s not. He is a very solid DM when in form and his form is slowly return to top
You seem to cut Dier a hell of a lot of slack but are right in on Ndom aren't you Sammy? And no one has said Dier was a 'shit DM' but his game has glaring weaknesses easily exploited because he is not a MF. HIs 'good' game today was due to having no pressure. If we make the mistake of playing him there against pressure he will be 'shit'. But neither assessment will be accurate.

And where does just turning 23, moving to a new league/the most intense league, having injuries, etc come into you 'cutting some slack' scale? It doesn't because you were in on him early on. But Dier, he of the very average 3 seasons + you are breaking your neck excusing. And he's really not been any better than Dele in this time...who you also can't find any slack to cut. Hmmmmmmmmmm

that's just bollox mate.

Most of the people slagging Ndombele off would be the same ones giving the likes of Soldado and Janssen all the support in the world, even though they were both poor players because they both put a shift in for the team and you could see that they cared.
Ndombele doesn't break out of a jog, the difference in the way we played when Gio came on and he dictated the midfield was night and day. The squad is going through the ringer at the moment, everyone was exhausted after extra time the other night, and Ndombele STILL didn't run.

This is a wake up call for him now, he either shapes up or ships out.
Look I am not saying that Ndombele is faultless, he can improve his attitude and work rate but it’s just pathetic how the fans jump on his back at the smallest chance they’ve got but defend other limited players because “they tried”.

Back
Top Bottom