Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I'm not buying the 'José picking a victim' narrative here.

Ndombele is one of our most frustrating players at the moment and we aren't privy to the effort he's putting in during training either.

He didn't throw him under the bus when he first took charge - it's been months now and we can see what Tanguy is doing (or rather not doing) on the pitch. It's no witch hunt.

Yeah he was excellent but it’s the only ever time and I was still wrong about him being a good DM, rightio
If you cannot handle pressure then you are not a good DM. It's kinda the sine quo non of the position. And beyond that there are other weaknesses that we have more than enough evidence to reject your 'good DM' assertion. He had a good 2nd half so let's not let any of this detract from that. And beyond that he sees his future at CB so let's concentrate there.

Hopefully ndombele will show his potential. I seem to remember dembele was similarly mercurial when he first arrived. But I agree with the sentiment and attitude, show some fucking commitment. 65m for a fat bloke who is less fit than Russell grant is irritating.

Looks like the dinosaur has already identified his victim at his new club, Ndombele.
And some jokers on this forum agree with the dinosaur because Ndombele doesn’t score screamers every week or doesn’t run his arse off like Lamela or Lucas. Fucking lol.
Dinosaur?!?!
giphy.gif

If you cannot handle pressure then you are not a good DM. It's kinda the sine quo non of the position. And beyond that there are other weaknesses that we have more than enough evidence to reject your 'good DM' assertion. He had a good 2nd half so let's not let any of this detract from that. And beyond that he sees his future at CB so let's concentrate there.
He’s been injured or sick for a year and and has been integrated back into the side.
He was never a shit DM, just an out of form and unfit one. That’s the lie you’ve all tried to spin and when he regains his form you will all start pretending it’s a new thing.
It’s not. He is a very solid DM when in form and his form is slowly return to top

Yeah, I'm not buying the 'José picking a victim' narrative here.

Ndombele is one of our most frustrating players at the moment and we aren't privy to the effort he's putting in during training either.

He didn't throw him under the bus when he first took charge - it's been months now and we can see what Tanguy is doing (or rather not doing) on the pitch. It's no witch hunt.

Sub him after 10 minutes and say the team needed more energy in midfield, but don't dwell on it for half the post match interview. That's bad style.

Tangay may not have pulled any trees in the first fair enough but not did a few others. But to throw him under the bus like that? Everyone e on here pre match and during the first half were slaying the formation and playing 5 CBS picked by Jose. We were so Poe at that back and that is to do with the formation and tactics. Jose is using a victim to take away from his dire negative tactics in the first half. Exactly what was he expecting from that defensive line up?

Fair play to Jose with the interview. He can see what the rest of us can, and that is that NDombele is a fat lazy cunt who hasn't got the stomach for this. We spunked 60million on him

And if the papers are right, he is on £200k a week, £10.4 m a year 5 year contract, that is £52m wages plus £65m signing fee. Well done whoever sanctioned this transfer. How did he pass the medical ffs?

Very harsh words. He has to step up massively, but I haven't given up on him at all. He has way too much quality, I hope he doesn't become the next Ben Arfa, Taarabt, Balotelli etc. because of his workrate (or lack thereof).

Fair enough mate, it's all about opinions.

The guy has obviously got some skill, but the least I demand from a spurs player is 100% effort and commitment. That's why although i'm not Winks biggest fan when it comes to his ability, I will not savage him too much due to the effort he puts in every game. It's the minimum.

Dier was excellent in the 2nd half

Toby and Sanchez nervous wreck

Alli improved in the 2nd half

Tanga was very good so was Vert, Lucas, Lamela, bergwijn, Lloris & GLC

Skipp was out of position so many time and for Ndombele no comment

3 at the back is not working, Jose, drop it.
Definition?
Yeah he was excellent but it’s the only ever time and I was still wrong about him being a good DM, rightio
I don't think anyone is looking in that direction for a long term solution but when you're not even holding a pair, you will get found out sooner or later. We need to ride out this storm with what we have and none of it will be pretty.

Back
Top Bottom