Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair play to Jose with the interview. He can see what the rest of us can, and that is that NDombele is a fat lazy cunt who hasn't got the stomach for this. We spunked 60million on him, and he's a fucking embarrassment.

I don't want to see him in a spurs shirt again.

Since he took charge in November, Spurs have picked up 27 points in the Premier League.

Only Liverpool and Manchester City have earned more.

That is fucking damning on the pl as we have been shit for pretty much every game except first half vs whu and the Burnley 5 nil rout
If we had a fully fit squad we'd have loads more too.

For me, there are enough mitigating circumstances to give a free pass until after the summer but goddamn the first half was bad today.

What did he say?

Basically that the difference between the two halves was NDombele not being on the pitch. Saying he hopes next season he can make a difference because right now he is not up to PL standards.

Massive words, could easily destroy the player or could get him to shape up. We shall see.

An improvement on this.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino angrily confronted referee Mike Dean after a damaging defeat at Burnley dealt a huge blow to his side's Premier League title hopes.
23rd Feb 2019

That game wasn't the 'pivot point' for our downfall under Poch, but it was definitely the moment that our bad squad management finally came to a head.

Europe aside, that was the moment the wheels came off.

Well he’s not wrong, is he? For £65m I’d expect someone of his reputation to be able to impose themselves on Burnley, even if it’s only in spurts. If he can’t handle some real talk then he’s probably not cut out for this level.

People will bang on about his performances against City in the CL but Wilson Palacios played a blinder against peak AC Milan in the CL all those years ago. The PL is our bread and butter and he doesn’t look like he can handle it.
No, he can throw someone under the bus and not be wrong about his assessment. Either this will challenge Tanguy to step up, or he will retreat off to the side. It's a gamble on Jose's part, so I guess we will see the outcome.

Basically that the difference between the two halves was NDombele not being on the pitch. Saying he hopes next season he can make a difference because right now he is not up to PL standards.

Massive words, could easily destroy the player or could get him to shape up. We shall see.

Well he has to do something

Unacceptable performance and fitness

Everyone understands that it’s not always easy to show your quality when going to the PL from a foreign league. But it’s very easy to show you at least have a pair of bollocks. Do that and everyone will give Ndombele time. The issue is that he’s showing literally nothing.

Well he has to do something

Unacceptable performance and fitness

Agree with this.

That's what his job is all about, sometimes you have to be ruthless and make bold decisions.
He's right to call out Tanguy, waddling around the pitch, playing sporadically and having minimal influence is unacceptable from a £65 million signing.

Gio and Bergwijn have made way more impact

Fair play to Jose with the interview. He can see what the rest of us can, and that is that NDombele is a fat lazy cunt who hasn't got the stomach for this. We spunked 60million on him, and he's a fucking embarrassment.

I don't want to see him in a spurs shirt again.
Very harsh words. He has to step up massively, but I haven't given up on him at all. He has way too much quality, I hope he doesn't become the next Ben Arfa, Taarabt, Balotelli etc. because of his workrate (or lack thereof).

Back
Top Bottom