Burnley v Tottenham Hotspur (07/03/20) (5.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think this is certainly our rock bottom in the last 10 years. Even the Sherwood days I felt like we had some good performances and still ended the season with a decent point total.

Moura / Aurier / Bergjwin need to be rested to avoid injury; but realistically; they will have to feature.

Are Lamela / Ndom fit enough for 90 mins?

I suspect we will see something like this

Aurier- Toby - Sanchez - Tanganga
Winks - Skipp
Gedson - Lo Celso - Lamela
Alli

Burnley 3 - 0 Spurs

These players have nothing left in the tank and Burley will be well up for this. I predict we lose 2 players to injury in the first half (Alli and Aurier) and go on to get spanked.

I think this is certainly our rock bottom in the last 10 years. Even the Sherwood days I felt like we had some good performances and still ended the season with a decent point total.
sherwood was always going to be short term, but it was like a breath of fresh air when he took over, straight back to basics, 442, no nonsense attacking footie. Quite enjoyed it.

This is a MUST WIN, but I can’t see that happening just days ahead of an important CL also MUST WIN..... I’ve completely lost any faith due to injuries and this ultra defensive boring prick at the helm!

Just two years ago we were playing the best football in the country and everyone agreed- even our enemies FFS!

Some good news finally.

Let's hope Lucas and Bergwijn are fine - though happy with Lucas to be rested for Lamela.

Fascinated by the team for this game.

Does he match them up with a 442? Is he resting playing for champions league.

Could we see a surprise youth player or two?

Looking for a big reaction after the week we have had.

Would give the club a real lift if Ndombele plays tomorrow and bosses things.
As much as I like Ndombele it seems pretty clear that he's not fit enough to start right now. He's been on the bench for 6 weeks and I think he's only started once for 60 minutes. He seems like a "break in case of emergency" option for Mourinho at the moment.

As much as I like Ndombele it seems pretty clear that he's not fit enough to start right now. He's been on the bench for 6 weeks and I think he's only started once for 60 minutes. He seems like a "break in case of emergency" option for Mourinho at the moment.
If we want him fit, he needs minutes. Sitting him on the bench won’t build his fitness, if that’s the issue anyway. A problem just as much as his lack of minutes is that we’re not giving him the opportunity to play in a system that fits him.

If we’re going to defend for a big chunk of the game again I’m gonna fucking explode.

Andersen Andersen have a listen to this fella, jump to @4:53 and get further confirmation of the feeling and sentiment surrounding the incident involving Dier. Confirms yet again that the "football family" is in support of his actions.

Last edited:
I would really like Mourinho to rotate the squad a bit.

Tanganga-Sanchez-Toby-Davies
Skipp-Winks
Lamela-Lo Celso-Sessegnon
Parrott

If we want him fit, he needs minutes. Sitting him on the bench won’t build his fitness, if that’s the issue anyway. A problem just as much as his lack of minutes is that we’re not giving him the opportunity to play in a system that fits him.

If we’re going to defend for a big chunk of the game again I’m gonna fucking explode.
I agree, but I'm not sure how best to do that or what his condition is, obviously, but they seem to be managing him carefully.

I thought we played well against Norwich and defended better and were more solid. We thrashed Burnley in December and they then were dropping down the league and I said that I could see them being relegated. However they have turned it around and are favourites to win. It is going to be difficult. I think there will be changes in the team but this match is more important than Tuesday. In my mind we are already out of the CL and we must throw everything we can at this match. Difficult to know who is deemed not able to play 90 mins and start and only guessing. Toby should play after missing the last 2. Jose said Dier playing but strangely no mention of Parrott. My best guess
Lloris, Tanganga, Toby, Dier, Davies
Skipp, Lo Celso, Winks
Lamela, Dele, Bergwign
Full use of Subs in Moura, Ndombele, Parrott , Sess, Verts, Aurier, Gazza
Must not lose game.

Back
Top Bottom