Bryan Gil

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The boy’s fuming

🇪🇸 ➡️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
“Sometimes an old photo makes us value the moments where we were happiest and we didn’t realise”

FblMRQjXkAEf22H
Well that’s not good

If Gil isn't loaned out then we will hopefully see him reintroduced into the 1st team squad and allowed to develop his potential and make more appearances in the team.
We won't, we'll see Son, Kane and Kulu play all the games this season, Richarlison as a sub and maybe Moura get some minutes if one of the 4 dies.

The boy’s fuming

🇪🇸 ➡️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
“Sometimes an old photo makes us value the moments where we were happiest and we didn’t realise”

FblMRQjXkAEf22H
Has he gone full-blown Cantona....???

“When the seagulls follow the trawler, it’s because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.”

The boy’s fuming

🇪🇸 ➡️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

FblMRQjXkAEf22H

Being disappointed not to get the loan.... I get that, but tbh, if that's his reaction; I think he has a little growing up to do.... If he thinks being 19/20 is a time to be reminiscing over when he's only just stepped out into a bigger world he won't be going very far.

Perhaps he's just a homebody and shoulda stayed in Spain rather signing for us.... Who knows???

Being disappointed not to get the loan.... I get that, but tbh, if that's his reaction; I think he has a little growing up to do.... If he thinks being 19/20 is a time to be reminiscing over when he's only just stepped out into a bigger world he won't be going very far.

Perhaps he's just a homebody and shoulda stayed in Spain rather signing for us.... Who knows???
This will be a homesick Winks in a year!

We won't, we'll see Son, Kane and Kulu play all the games this season, Richarlison as a sub and maybe Moura get some minutes if one of the 4 dies.
If he's here for the rest of the season then he'll almost be guaranteed some game time - there's no way Spurs can go a whole season, with all the comps we're playing in, with just the four you mention, particularly as injuries, exhaustion etc will ensure squad rotation.

Son, Richy, Kane and Perisic will be at the World Cup anyway, surely he will get some minutes after that, right?

... right?
I'm sure Gil dreams of going to the World Cup for Spain. They rate him very highly. If he was tearing it up for Valencia every week, he'd have a chance.

Conte and our players now have to make Gil feel part of the first team squad.

And Gil has to take his opportunities so Conte begins to trust him.

We know Conte can change his mind on players - eg Eriksen, who he didn't want at Inter, but showed enough in training and on the pitch for Conte eventually to include him regularly.

Son, Richy, Kane and Perisic will be at the World Cup anyway, surely he will get some minutes after that, right?

... right?
He’ll get a couple sub appearances, then get loaned out in January.

Given that he’s only staying because we can’t find a replacement, he probably doesn’t believe he’ll get many opportunities. And lack of playing time means no World Cup for him.

I feel sorry for him but he's gotta get on with it, this is part of life and football education, hopefully he just puts his head down and works, wouldn't blame him if his head has gone though.

If we aren’t going to try to win every game like we didn’t try to win in the 2nd half yesterday, then we at least need to develop young players.

Our XI wasn’t cutting it in the 2nd half and it clearly wasn’t going to get better by doing nothing except giving Richarlison 14 minutes.

I’d rather have gone for it and lost then hold on to a draw with a struggling XI.

Do you ever see these top teams (city, Liverpool) holding on for a draw? No, they are going for it.

If we aren’t going to try to win every game like we didn’t try to win in the 2nd half yesterday, then we at least need to develop young players.

Our XI wasn’t cutting it in the 2nd half and it clearly wasn’t going to get better by doing nothing except giving Richarlison 14 minutes.

I’d rather have gone for it and lost then hold on to a draw with a struggling XI.

Do you ever see these top teams (city, Liverpool) holding on for a draw? No, they are going for it.
Conte's philosophy is that "if you can't win a game, don't lose it" and I do agree with it.

"Do you ever see City or Liverpool hold on for draws?" Liverpool v Brighton at Anfield last year ring a bell? It happens. It happens more often to us, but it can happen to any side.

Last edited:

I don't think it's as simple as the team intentionally holding on for a draw. The normal attacking tactics weren't working and the manager didn't change things soon enough . Lots of hesitant play and some sloppy passes too. West Ham were really pushing too. Lots of high balls and physicality.

Back
Top Bottom