Brighton (H) - Saturday (16th April) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m terrified of the prospect of Royal playing our last 7 games
Perhaps he won’t. Kulu and Berg potentially?

If he does play, I’m sure he will do better than earlier in the season. Far more balanced side now - he has options ahead of him (Kulu) and sideways (Benta) who always want the ball

spursvbrighton.jpg

Gollini, Emerson, Sanchez, Rodon, Winks, White, Lucas, Bergwijn, Scarlett

I get the concern re Emerson but he is still our best option available and it would be worse if he was injured as well. Sess is the best alternative but he may be needed if Reg needs covering. Reg has missed several matches and has been subbed in others and is not nailed on to be able to play all 7 full matches.

4 days away but I am really eager to see how we deal with the pressure of now being the biggest favouritrs for the last top 4 slot.

It's why we got Conte and effectively this is his tilt at the title for where we were.

He knows it's now his and ours to lose.

Last edited:
did people not see what happened to gooner scum when Arteta didn't have confidence in his back up full back and instead decided to play a player that isn't a full back in that role? against ...BRIGHTON? that said player was at fault for the first goal.

Listen Emerson is not ideal but we have to get behind him as a fanbase. No doubt Conte will start him now so let's just crack on and if he gets the fundamentals right (ie defend) Our front 3 should hopefully take care of the goals.

did people not see what happened to gooner scum when Arteta didn't have confidence in his back up full back and instead decided to play a player that isn't a full back in that role? against ...BRIGHTON? that said player was at fault for the first goal.

Listen Emerson is not ideal but we have to get behind him as a fanbase. No doubt Conte will start him now so let's just crack on and if he gets the fundamentals right (ie defend) Our front 3 should hopefully take care of the goals.
In fairness he can at least defend. Probably better than sessegnon can. Just don’t let him out of our half….

Of course would all love another 4 goal haul and having the game won after 65 minutes, but at this point I'd take a 1-0 win with a shot deflected off Lewis Dunk's left ear if it means we get the 3 points.

As much as performances are desirable, it's really only the 3 points that are important at this point of the season.

For as long as I recall, Spurs fans have obsessed about playing players out of position.
Anderton as a striker
King as a CM
Gary Doherty on the pitch somewhere
Etc.

We don’t play with full backs and one could create a strong case that Royal isn’t a WB.

I mean I won't pretend I've not been frustrated with Emerson myself, but as has been discussed we wanted Doherty out in Jan and look what happened - I still think Emerson will go in the summer as he isn't right for the role we want him to play, but with a week between games, a guarenteed run of games and a coach like Conte we should see him improve.

I mean I won't pretend I've not been frustrated with Emerson myself, but as has been discussed we wanted Doherty out in Jan and look what happened - I still think Emerson will go in the summer as he isn't right for the role we want him to play, but with a week between games, a guarenteed run of games and a coach like Conte we should see him improve.
It’s the foundation too. Much easier to knock it into Kulus feet or sideways to Benta than try and find the hapless, erratic Lucas or the CM hider

If we play round their press like we have to other teams recently we should be fine, Villa hemmed us in a lot in the first half but even they ran out of steam and left gaps in midfield - 4-1 win I reckon.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us go rope a dope for a while and see if they burn themselves out.
TBH, the enormous success of our counter attacks in 2022 is making me at total ease with this. They struggle to score, so let them have the ball and run around as much as possible. We'll probably open them up before they burn out, then we can really tear into them when they start struggling.

I hope the atmosphere is a cauldron on Saturday. Hard to get a good buzz for the 12:30 games. Brighton are a good side with good players I hope we don’t let our 2 comfortable wins in the last 2 months over them let us get complacent.

Bit concerned about Emerson though tbf he’s actually played a lot recently and hopefully Reg has lost some of the rust after playing 55 mins on sat.

A win here and we can watch the gooners with relative comfort. Saints away they’ll prob win but any added bonus if they saints get anything!

United home to Norwich which You’d expect Is 3 points… but… with them! You’d never know

4 days away but I am really eager to see how we deal with the pressure of now being the biggest favouritrs for the last top 4 slot.

It's why we got Conte and effectively this is his tilt at the title for where we were.

He knows it's now his and ours to lose.

Tbf the pressure is no different to just before Villa.

Back
Top Bottom