BRENTFORD AT HOME - THURSDAY

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We’re so far off the Too 3 now it’s embarrassing

Another season wasted by ENIC incompetence and fraudulent actions.

Win our 2 games in hand (Brentford, Burnley) and we are 4th, 6 points behind Liverpool and 8 points behind Chelsea at the top.

I wouldn't really call that a disaster at this stage of the season. There are 26 games still left to play!!!

Anyone who thinks we are near City, Liverpool, or Chelsea levels right now need to slow down and reevaluate things. I think we can be 4th for sure but no way we are close to those guys yet. Maybe another year under Conte but right now 4th is our level at best.

Anyone who thinks we are near City, Liverpool, or Chelsea levels right now need to slow down and reevaluate things. I think we can be 4th for sure but no way we are close to those guys yet. Maybe another year under Conte but right now 4th is our level at best.

Which I would have taken at the beginning of the season

I have yet to see a post on this forum, suggesting that we are near the top 3. So, no re-evaluation required.

However, had anyone told me , after the three losses (3-0), that we would even be in the hunt at top 4, I would have laughed.

Fact is the gap between the 3 you mention, and the rest is massive.

If Conte can get us back to European football ( and I dont mean the Claytons League ), then we are on the up.

We aren’t getting fourth. I really don’t know what some fans are seeing that makes them think fourth is a realistic prospect. We’re a broken, dysfunctional mess of a team that will need a number of windows to sort out. Conte himself knows this and has been plain about the situation.

This isn’t negativity, it’s just realism. If we were to get top four with this squad and Conte coming in mid-season, give the man a fucking 20 year contract because he’s a marvel. Our brightest defender is now out for a stretch. You think our other options in a 5 are CL quality?

Qualifying for Europa League would be a tremendous achievement, and a big step in the right direction. There are teams vying for top 4 who are significantly further in to their projects, and either have more balanced or superior squads.

Last edited:
I have yet to see a post on this forum, suggesting that we are near the top 3. So, no re-evaluation required.

However, had anyone told me , after the three losses (3-0), that we would even be in the hunt at top 4, I would have laughed.

Fact is the gap between the 3 you mention, and the rest is massive.

If Conte can get us back to European football ( and I dont mean the Claytons League ), then we are on the up.
My comment was in reference to the commented I quoted when he said it was another wasted year by ENIC because we are so far off the top 3.

Myself and the lad have taken my mates season tickets for this one as he has work commitments...

First game of the season for me after vowing not to attend..... If someone started a spurs recovery group.......
First one for me too, due to illness; not sure how my health will be afterwards.

We aren’t getting fourth. I really don’t know what some fans are seeing that makes them think fourth is a realistic prospect. We’re a broken, dysfunctional mess of a team that will need a number of windows to sort out. Conte himself knows this and has been plain about the situation.

This isn’t negativity, it’s just realism. If we were to get top four with this squad and Conte coming in mid-season, give the man a fucking 20 year contract because he’s a marvel. Our brightest defender is now out for a stretch. You think our other options in a 5 are CL quality?

Qualifying for Europa League would be a tremendous achievement, and a big step in the right direction. There are teams vying for top 4 who are significantly further in to their projects, and either have more balanced or superior squads.

There was a period last season under Mourinho where we were top of the league and getting points from bad performances. Our regular starting 11 has very few good passers of the ball, which has limited us to 'smash and grab' football and we got found out pretty quickly and our form suffered.

Can Conte get this group of players playing good football, or can he get us winning dirty? Time will tell and it will be interesting to see if Winks can force his way into the starting 11 over Skipp to give us a passing advantage in midfield <insert anti-Winks jokes here>

4th place is there for the taking if we can get our act together. A couple of decent signings in January would help massively.
The only way we challenge for 4th is 3 in and one peripheral squad player to shine eg Tangana, Berg, Sess…. Too many gaps and not enough footballers, we can’t control games with this group of players. Erratic thunder ball merchants like Moura, PEH, Reg etc

Back
Top Bottom