Bournemouth v Tottenham Hotspur - 9th July - 6pm(UK)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

will take that. Another hard fought point gained on the road against a tough and spirited Bournemouth team who's lowly position and recent form is seriously misleading.

Stand outs for me;

aurier - love his never say die attitude, up and down the wing all night. Had 24 opportunities to cross, two of which nearly found a team mate. We need this guy on a long term deal, it's only a matter of time before clubs like Barcelona or Crewe Alexandra notice his energy, passing and positional sense and make an offer.

Son - changed the match when he came on. If that five yard forward pass to ndombele had come off and not gone to a Bournemouth player , fans would be talking about it five years from now. His corners were top drawer but the opposition goalie somehow caught each one....without moving. Caught the Bournemouth players out on so many occasions by not running or looking for the ball.

Moura-.like son, a breath of fresh air when he came on. Constant danger going forward , lots of penetrating runs, which if he remembered to take the ball with him, would have resulted in a shot over the bar on any other day.

Winks - makes the easy look easy. Passing stats are up there with the best in Europe, when he develops his ability to pass forwards rather than sideways will become an icon of world football. He will terrorise league one teams in the years to come.

Lamela - some foolish people say you could pick a fit fan out of the stands and get them run around a lot and scowl at the officials. But there's more to Erik than that, a nice haircut and the ability to foul opposition players for no reason are beyond most mere mortals. If the rumours are true it would be a fitting tribute by Enic to name the treatment room after him.

Gedson - great cameo at the end, has the physical attributes to compete, in the Portugese fourth division.

HOW THE FUCK IS NDOMBELE NOT STARTING REGULARLY? Guy is miles better than anyone in midfield. I don’t give a shit if he runs out of gas after 20 minutes just tell a player or two to cover for his defensive attributes. We fucking do that with Aurier and he’s still shit, at least Ndombele is fucking good.

D5udHdAXkAArWfE

If I'm completely honest, I don't care about the performance too much, as long as we win. 3 points is more important than playing free flowing football and looking good at this point in the season.

I'm not judging Mourinho until next season when he's had a chance to put his marker on the squad, have more time with them and work on areas that need working on. He's never taken a job mid-season, and not only has he done that this season, but he's also had to deal with a pandemic disturbing the season, losing his 2 best players and then having a shortened preseason due to this season being disrupted.

Back
Top Bottom