Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, it sort of create a interesting dilema IMO, do you play a midfielder who contributes more around the pitch but doesn't score many or a player who doesn't do as much but does chip in with a few goals.
Both, in balance.

The problem is when we play all players that contribute around the pitch but can't score, or players that contribute goals but can't do fuck-all else.

I respect Chadli's eye for goal and it will probably keep him in the team, but in terms of ball retention, passing, tackling and general play Lamela is streets ahead at the moment.
I don't think he is, personally. Lamela is playing very well, but his decision-making isn't up to scratch at the moment. He's a massive threat with his dribbling, though.

Yep, it sort of create a interesting dilema IMO, do you play a midfielder who contributes more around the pitch but doesn't score many or a player who doesn't do as much but does chip in with a few goals.
Most managers try to create a team consisting of different types of players. One one side of the wing you might have someone who is pacey and contributes a lot on the counter, and another one who is better at retaining possession and creating chances etc. A classic one at Dortmund was Reus and Blaszkowski.

There is room for both a 'Chadli-type' and a 'Lamela-type' as long as there is a balanced midfield supporting them, IMO

For Spurs Lennon scores 1 in 12 games while Chadli is 1 goal in 4 games.
Chadli has already scored more European goals for Spurs after only 7 games (3 goals) whilst Lennon has played 54 European games and scored only twice.

Chadli is a long way off a top draw footballer, but he absolutely pisses on what we had prior to his arrival (excluding Bale obviously).

If you were in a school playground and lined up the Spurs squad he would be chosen probably by the 5th or 6th round. The last three left standing would be Paulinho, Lennon and Brad.

We're doing it now.
What do you think of it?
Here's what I think we should try out if everyone is back in shape and form
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Capoue, Mason (or Stambouli), Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, Chadli][/formation]

Since Chadli knows when to run and get in the right places at the right times, but can't really create as much as our Midfield, then I'd think he'd be great trying out for ST.

What do you think of it?
[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Capoue, Mason (or Stambouli), Lamela, Eriksen, Townsend, Chadli][/formation]

Since Chadli knows when to run and get in the right places at the right times, but can't really create as much as our Midfield, then I'd think he'd be great trying out for ST.
I'd prefer a 4-3-3 with those players, with Eriksen dropping back to the middle of the first three, but yes, in theory.

What do you guys think about him filling as ST? I think we should try it
Poch likes interchanging positions, so I think Chadli already spends time in the ST position. But I thought ADE was ineffective vs Scum. If Spurs play a defensive style again, I wouldn't mind seeing Chadli at ST (or call it 4 AttMids), since it would involve more defensive pressing, counterattack and open-field dribbling - things ADE lacks.

What do you think of it?

With Chadli as the focal point of attack, he'd struggle, like Lampard, he tends to arrive late for his goals. He'd be easy for defenders to pick up. That said, he was the most advanced player against Woolwich according to his average position in that game.

The thing is, he is playing well where he is. Why move him and then we miss his contribution from midfield..

Why more him? Because with the current striker in his current form we've playing 10 vs 11.

Drop Ade, move Chadli up a bit, make Lamela his main support, use Pauly or Dembele or Soldado or Kane or Bentaleb or Townsend as third Am, based on whatever the game call for

Why more him? Because with the current striker in his current form we've playing 10 vs 11.

Drop Ade, move Chadli up a bit, make Lamela his main support, use Pauly or Dembele or Soldado or Kane or Bentaleb or Townsend as third Am, based on whatever the game call for

Hugos playing well, lets give him a turn up front as well.

But my point is that Chadli is playing well and scoring where he is. It makes more sense to get the best out of the strikers, than to bench them all, and move our best performing AM out of position.

Capoue is also playing well. Shall we put him at RB?

It is a tough one as none of our strikers look great at the moment, and Chadli looks the part a great deal which is what is causing people to think he could be worth a shot, and he COULD be good up there.

However I do agree though lets keep as much the same as possible in our side when it looks good as getting some consistency is blood out of a stone with our squad. Ade needs some sort of genuine rest I think, Bobby I think could be next we try out!

Back
Top Bottom