Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Chadli is pretty solid, pretty decent, and a very reliable player personally, in his own right.

Happy to see him develop as a first teamer, and see much more of a player than I ever did in Holtby or Siggy for example.

Comparisons with Siggy about right, Holtby in the same breath as either of them is way-off, never been near.

The thing I like about Chadli is that he's an intelligent player that doesn't try to do too much. He has good control, strong on the ball, a good enough passer, a good shot, and always seems to be in the right spot in the right time. He knows his role and does it well. Those are the types of players you need if you want to be a good team.

Oh and might I add that celebration was brilliant. Worth the yellow when you're at the library every single time.

Comparisons with Siggy about right, Holtby in the same breath as either of them is way-off, never been near.
He's a big lad so like Siggy he's not the quickest off the mark, but I think he's a lot more composed and collected on the ball.

Happy that he's starting to deliver some goals. We should be playing Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli at every opportunity.

His booking was a joke though.

Yep. The ref should know he was doing that against souless casual spectators. They probably never even knew he was mocking them. If he did it against real fans like the Wednesday ones, then yes that was a nailed on yellow for inciting. Against the gooners...Not worth a yellow. What is the worst that could happen? Their equivalent of a "surge forward" is them looking up from their phones.

Hardly does nothing does he? I thought he was our best player on the counter-attack against Woolwich. Plus to say that Lampard does nothing but 'pop up with a goal' devalues him IMO
Not really IMO
His contribution in build up play is ham fisted at best, but he has the "Dempsey" touch of popping up to score goals at the moment, and for that reason he deserves his place.
If you're not sure, watch how many times he mis-controls the ball, plays teammates into trouble with hospital passes or goes missing.

Not really IMO
His contribution in build up play is ham fisted at best, but he has the "Dempsey" touch of popping up to score goals at the moment, and for that reason he deserves his place.
If you're not sure, watch how many times he mis-controls the ball, plays teammates into trouble with hospital passes or goes missing.

Yep, it sort of create a interesting dilema IMO, do you play a midfielder who contributes more around the pitch but doesn't score many or a player who doesn't do as much but does chip in with a few goals.

Hardly does nothing does he? I thought he was our best player on the counter-attack against Woolwich. Plus to say that Lampard does nothing but 'pop up with a goal' devalues him IMO

I respect Chadli's eye for goal and it will probably keep him in the team, but in terms of ball retention, passing, tackling and general play Lamela is streets ahead at the moment.

I respect Chadli's eye for goal and it will probably keep him in the team, but in terms of ball retention, passing, tackling and general play Lamela is streets ahead at the moment.

85% pass completion vs 79% in favor of Chadli. But then again, he isn't trying to be the box opener.

What people need to understand is that we can't have 11 passers out there. Some people needs to be the ones making the runs, getting into positions to allow the "playmakers" to look good, and to provide us some goals.

11 Eriksens is how you lose 10-0 with 90% possession.

Any Tottenham player scoring against them lot receives additional adulation but I am still struggling to see Chadli keep this rate of scoring up, and when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything.

I can see why this would be deemed harsh given his output has bagged us points this season but watching him play he hasn't done anything bar score. That said, at this rate he'll be our highest PL scorer in a single season, and that will shut me the fuck up.

Any Tottenham player scoring against them lot receives additional adulation but I am still struggling to see Chadli keep this rate of scoring up, and when he isn't scoring he isn't doing anything.

I can see why this would be deemed harsh given his output has bagged us points this season but watching him play he hasn't done anything bar score. That said, at this rate he'll be our highest PL scorer in a single season, and that will shut me the fuck up.
A 25 goal season from anyone would be incredible.

Almost wonder with his size and strength he might end up as a forward then he can score goals and not worry to much about midfield play.

Back
Top Bottom