Big Fat Nacer Chadli.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chadli represents the next step for a club like us. I think it's unlikely he will become a club legend, but he'll have an important role.

It's very underrated how good (even if standing in for an injured player) it is to be able to have a Chadli on the wing instead of a Downing/Moses/kick and run winger with little technical ability. Or worse a player out of position there. He is a small step for us forward. I still think we have a lot in store for us from him, he is technically sound imo.

He'll chip in with goals and assists for sure, & like Gibbs said very useful in set pieces both attacking and defending.

Support the players, just because he hasn't been with the club 9 years doesn't mean he deserves less support.
How does outlining he would most likely be sold for profit show lack of support?

Zin, you've gone mad this morning. Have you been drinking?

How does outlining he would most likely be sold for profit show lack of support?

Zin, you've gone mad this morning. Have you been drinking?

*SIGH* I've said Lennon should not be sold in the Lennon thread, stop trying to make a point out of something I've not said.

Tottenham's Nacer Chadli snubbed Swansea loan
Last Updated: 14/02/14 9:34am

Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Nacer Chadli has confirmed that he snubbed the opportunity to join Swansea City on loan in January.

Sky Sports revealed on deadline day that the Swans had made an approach for the Belgian winger.

They believed there was a deal to be done as Chadli had struggled to settle at White Hart Lane following a summer switch from FC Twente, and had World Cup participation to think about.

The 24-year-old admits he considered taking in a spell elsewhere, following a frustrating time in north London, but ultimately decided to stay put and prove his worth to new boss Tim Sherwood.

Chadli said in the Daily Mirror: "It was a possibility, but it is in the past.

"I had to make a decision and my decision was to stay. Everything was not clear so I wanted to stay at Tottenham and play for my club. I have signed for five years and I'm happy.

"When I came to Spurs, I knew I wasn't going to play in every game as we have 60 matches in a season.

"I came and got injured, played, got injured again and so I haven't played as much as I have wanted, but we have a big squad with a lot of good players and we have to compete with each other. I have to work hard in training and show it when I play."

Chadli was among the goals on Wednesday as Tottenham hammered Newcastle United 4-0 at St James' Park.

That result has kept them just three points adrift of the UEFA Champions League places and seven off top spot.

On Spurs' ambitions, Chadli added: "We have to keep playing like we did at Newcastle and keep going in every game for 100 per cent to get the three points. With five games to go, we will see where we are.

"We are not looking to go above Chelsea. We are looking at Liverpool, who are directly above us and we have to go there in a few weeks, so that will be a big examination.

"We are within touching distance of the top. We have had a good week, but in one week everything can happen, everything can change.

"We can be up or we can be down, so we have to stay alert and play our game like we did at Newcastle, although I would say everything is possible this season.

"It is a very different league this season, because a lot of teams are taking points off each other and are playing at around the same level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...-tottenhams-nacer-chadli-snubbed-swansea-loan

I never understood this idea he was frustrated.

From what I saw he came in, played, got injured, straight back in when fit, got injured... That he hasnt played much is because he has been injury prone, whenever fit he has been straight in. So when it was reported he wanted a loan because he was frustrated, and his agent came out with his bullshit I just thought, "WHAT?"

I never understood this idea he was frustrated.

From what I saw he came in, played, got injured, straight back in when fit, got injured... That he hasnt played much is because he has been injury prone, whenever fit he has been straight in. So when it was reported he wanted a loan because he was frustrated, and his agent came out with his bullshit I just thought, "WHAT?"

Couldnt agree more. its just Media bullshit and knee-jerk fans.

Ah why not.

9691839_orig.gif

:love:

This doesn't show the link-up of Soldado though wich was quite good.

"Useless cunt" scored a beauty, and showed what he can really do.

Admit he needs to offer a bit more, but might get some hating cunts off his back.

Has great technique, an excellent shot (not based on Toon goal - scored some beauties for Twente) and offers pace, height, skill etc.

Hope to see some more of him. Might never be a starter for us, but a superb player to have in the squad. To think we had Malbranque left midfield at one point, now we're calling players like Chadli useless.

#progress

Honestly the thing that excites me most about Nacer is simply his physical presence. He has undoubtedly got great technique in his dribbling, passing and even shooting - but very very few wide men have the physical attributes that Nacer holds.

I have heard that he would prefer playing more central, but his crossing is very good and I can't help but think he would be an unbelievable asset in the air vs premiership full backs. How many full backs in the Prem can match a guy of Nacers pure size? Every time he plays he seems to win more headers than the rest of our front six combined. Definitely worth trying to develop this kid, if we have enough minutes to go around!

I would love to him start against Dnipro...Lamela too if he was fit. I think we have a squad that can make serious trophy challenge. Who knows...maybe "warming up" against Dnipro can translate into more consistent league form.

"I had to make a decision and my decision was to stay. Everything was not clear so I wanted to stay at Tottenham and play for my club. I have signed for five years and I'm happy.

"When I came to Spurs, I knew I wasn't going to play in every game as we have 60 matches in a season.

"I came and got injured, played, got injured again and so I haven't played as much as I have wanted, but we have a big squad with a lot of good players and we have to compete with each other. I have to work hard in training and show it when I play."
Lovely attitude. It's good to have someone with that perspective in the locker room.

Chadli's debut in the hole vs Woolwich and probably one of his best games (outside of that cupcake he missed)

Definitely a positive to take away from the Derby

Hopefully this shuts up all the non-believers. Value wise, he has done more than we could have ever asked for considering low expectations.

Certainly a larger impact than Lamela for starters.

Back
Top Bottom