Big case tomorrow, regarding FIFA/UEFA

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmm. I wonder where it will be located?

GUTOXTG5F5JPLNHRY6NPYHLYXU.jpg

ZJGRF6NDK5HE3D25Q4JIBBON7I.jpg
Today, I am a bollock

Fuck that criminal Infantino, he'd sell his own mother for extra bucks. Cunt has no shame, no limit...all about money, money, money. Look how he sold his soul to Qatar, Saudis. That mug makes choir boys out of Blatter & Platini.

If I am honest I would just like the European Cup, UEFA Cup and Cup Winners Cup back.

The Conference League is a banana joke competition, the Europa League isn’t a patch on the UEFA Cup and the Champions League is filled up with clubs who mostly aren’t champions.

Reform is massively needed but not the Super League money grabber type.

View: https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1737785979279122481?s=20

The hypocrisy of these two Clubs is shameful. Between them they have single-handedly fucked La Liga, squeezing out every last drop of cash into their own pockets, making the league a two Club League. Reap what you sow.

Crazy isn't it. Monopolise the TV rights so your league becomes uncompetitive. Break the transfer record multiple times and pay crazy wages. Then claim we need a change as its unsustainable.

As far as I'm concerned barca and Madrid could go bust tomorrow and football would be a better place

Basically the government, FA, Uefa etc are happy with the status quo, why wouldn’t they be? They get a hefty cut for sticking their label on a competition

Neville and Carragher running a free-to-air segment in the sky studios trashing the Super League (bear in mind SKY feared a new popular challenge to the Prem) said it all.

The ESL format hasn’t changed. The original 12 signees are no different to the old big 5 who originally broke away from the football league in the early 90s. It was obvious that the ESL wanted/needed more clubs to be involved for it to work .

As a long time F1 fan, this to me is no different than when the teams (who consider themselves the main attraction), have a dispute with the FIA and the commercial rights holders.

Nobody is buying UEFA or FA merch. They buy the merch of the clubs. They pay to see clubs vs clubs, the best players completing…

Bless your cottons for portraying this for something other than what it is.

The new format proposed is essentially a closed shop. 16 teams in each of the top 2 divisions, 32 teams in the third.

Relegation and promotion they say? LOL. Only one team is promoted from Blue to Gold, and Gold to Star. That means that a non-SL team in the Prem could win the PL and then has to win consecutive seasons in the SL just to compete with the founder members three years down the line. By that time the founders have been earning so much that they've probably bought all the good players from the PL winning side.

And how long would this last until the domestic leagues are fucked off entirely? I'd give it a decade at most.

It's a cunt league designed to enrich the richest and exclude everyone else.

View: https://x.com/SkySportsNews/status/1737785979279122481?s=20

The hypocrisy of these two Clubs is shameful. Between them they have single-handedly fucked La Liga, squeezing out every last drop of cash into their own pockets, making the league a two Club League. Reap what you sow.

That’s 100% La Liga’s fault.

They consciously and short-sightedly took the decision that “we have Madrid vs Barca, Ronaldo vs Messi, we don’t need to promote or market anything else.

One upon a time England wasn’t so different. In the late 2000’s, Richard Scudamore who was then the public face of the Prem board, essentially said “we only care about the then top 4”.

The prem would be just as boring and closed off of it wasn’t for Spurs and City + a fairer TV deal.

Easy to say it when there's no real firm plan, no money on the table, and it's the popular thing to do.

But if/when things are more concrete is Celtic saying no when Rangers sign up for the guaranteed revenue? Inter sitting out when AC Milan raises their hand? Porto waving it off when Benfica pinch a ticket? ENIC snubbing this when Woolwich take the plunge?

Just like last time, once a domino falls the race not to be left behind will be on.

Anyone heard about this, i hadn't
European Court of Justice decision ‘bigger than Bosman’ and could change the face of football
The European Court of Justice stands to rule on whether Uefa and Fifa are monopolies to be broken up in a landmark case which will have repercussions across the game.

Could be a couple of cases on the roles of fifa/uefa - PL just brought a case as fifa are putting together a new competition for clubs which would last 5 or 6 weeks over the summer meaning :
- effectively no pre-season for clubs
- players exhausted (and therefore more likely to pick up injuries = huge health and safety issues) before PL starts
- PL would need to start a month later but end at same time = much more congested season
etc

IMO FIFA and uefa need to be broken up :
a) A new regulatory body
b) FIFA/uefa ability to take up weeks needs to be restricted - they are living off the clubs who invest to develop players etc - fifa/uefa only pay player wages when called up for internationals not any part of investment made to develop players. Parasites
c) Need to be overseen - the level of corruption is well know. The level of executive pay and perks crazy. The way the 'elections' work that fifa/uefa bribe a number of countries/regional associations to vote in the existing uefa/fifa management on new 5 year contracts = self perpetuated 'pigs in troughs' No real oversight on where massive profits go
etc

Back
Top Bottom