Beware the hysteria

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing is, I think he means it, which is fair enough. I just think he has put himself under pressure though, and I brought it up to counter those people saying that we are expecting too much from him.

Now those people are claiming that he isnt going for 4th, but has to say that he is so he can sound positive to the press.

Not the fans though....his interviews are apparently not how his words reach us. I really should have sent him my number.
You misunderstand, I was being sarcastic I couldn't care less what he says to the media. I just like watching Tottenham play soccer, having a drink while doing so ain't half bad either.

You can't make one post without being condescending

Dont know why you feel its condescending....you just said said you couldnt care less what he says and you just like to watch the games.

Clearly, thats less emotionally involved than some others are. Not a put down, so no need for the inferiority complex backlash.

It is what it is.

Sammy would find the nearest phonebox and try and start an argument in it about how we should have won the league

If we won it playing like Woolwich did in the 80s I wouldnt be as happy as if we won it like a real Tottenham team.
Would you?

I will support Spurs forever, and always have, but if Im bored, Im bored.
If our football simply irritates me for 90 minutes, then Im not going to start doing the running man if it brings success, and thats the point I was making when I said I wouldnt have celebrated a late goal v Burnley, or even cared if they got one.

Thats also why I understand that the atmosphere in some games is dead...yet people seem to think that being served a matinee of turd from a load of millionaire bottle jobs should make people want to sing their hearts out.

Last edited:
If we won it playing like Woolwich did in the 80s I wouldnt be as happy as if we won it like a real Tottenham team.
Would you?

I will support Spurs forever, and always have, but if Im bored, Im bored.
If our football simply irritates me for 90 minutes, then Im not going to start doing the running man if it brings success, and thats the point I was making when I said I wouldnt have celebrated a late goal v Burnley, or even cared if they got one.

Thats also why I understand that the atmosphere in some games is dead...yet people seem to think that being served a matinee of turd from a load of millionaire bottle jobs should make people want to sing their hearts out.
joking aside Sammy - I agree with just about everything that you say - but your method of saying it is just so incendiary. You are rubbing people up the wrong way with the way you express yourself.
The whole concept of not celebrating a winning goal is inflammatory as well, because anyone would celebrate out of a sense of relief as much as anything else.
I have been concerned all season about our scraped wins - one or two is a source of pride, when all your wins are like that then its a bit concerning.
I just think that you a beating the wrong drum, where the fault lies.
You keep saying you dont want the manager sacked then you complain about pretty much everything he does and everything he says. Not sure why you are surprised that people have come to the conclusion that its what you want.
The fault lies with the upper management for asset stripping the squad and denuding it of every really good player we have had in the last few years. Now we just have a squad of super fit average - to above average players, who by and large can grind the opposition down. At the moment they look like the batteries are going flat - burn out, for want of an expression.
Personally I am impressed that Pochettino managed to get this league position out of the squad that we have got. I doubt many of our players would start in the teams above us. And that is our problem, we need 2 or 3 players who would get picked for the teams we seek to compete with.Not just Lloris, and maybe Kane if he can keep his touch and form up.

You keep saying you dont want the manager sacked then you complain about pretty much everything he does and everything he says. Not sure why you are surprised that people have come to the conclusion that its what you want.

Just to be clear:
My complaints are rotation and abandoning our strongest tactic (pressing) and playing crap.

I like everything else about him.

And these are sadly the kind of pricks Poch has to choose from, let's hope less bottle jobs and more people who care and want to win are in the squad next year to make life easier

Mick, Joe, me, everyone all do agree with your arguments and are also all emotionally invested, the average "joe" on the street would be shocked how much we think and talk about spurs on here and elsewhere, you are a smart guy though, have seen many seasons, there will always be 0-0's, peaks and troughs, especially with us, we just have to show some patience, yes sadly this season will end flat, he tried and is still trying to get performances with mostly cunts and now nothing really to play for,

As for Chi Town, he is incredibly emotionally invested and a really great supporter, a pleasure to watch game with, saw him sing all of Ossies dream before final in bar here, and he does get upset when we lose.

We are all in this together Sammy, and I remain calm because it's all about next season, this season we will be 5th or 6th and then the fun starts with "Hugo are you staying?" And we go from there, get it all done right and not end of August and we have a chance

It's up to our guys ENIC now, we have backed them many times Sammy, they have to play a blinder this summer now to right the transfer wrongs of especially Baldini

Back
Top Bottom