Best goals that we conceded

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok this is probably a strange question, but does anyone remember a really good goal being scored against us?

I've seen several goal compilations of the last two seasons or so and can't even remember one that we conceded.

Don't know the implications of this (we are good at defending but only make stupid mistakes that lead to stupid-looking goals?) or I'm just plain wrong.

As for recent, I wasn't mad when Southampton scored their second goal a couple weeks ago. That was remarkable awareness and a crisp, perfect pass from Llalana. Had all the signatures of a class No 10.

As I continue to think about it though, I struggle to think of any other recent times where I've felt something similar. We do love to concede the shittiest of goals that should've easily been prevented.

I remember about 15 year ago Aston Villa scoring 3 absolutely ridiculous goals against us beating us 4-1, 4-2. Draper of all people scored the best of the lot. I think Nolan may have scored a worldy against us when he was at Bolton too.

Cahill's in the 4-2 loss at home last year was pretty special. Navas's early goal this year too.

The last two seasons we definitely scored way more blinders than we've given up. Seems like most of the goals we give up slowly roll into the goal after we've done something stupid.

Going back further I have to say that wasn't the case. I think some of the Woolwich goals against us from the mid 2000s are seared into the deepest and darkest recesses of my mind.

Bobby Charlton's in the Charity Shield 1968, as Kenneth wolstenhome said that goal was good enough to win the 'League, the Cup, the Charity Shield and the Grand National as well.'

It was simply amazing and the power that Charlton got with those leather ball, phenomenal. Pat Jennings saw it, but could only dive in vain, and a fantastic move to back it up with.

Incidentally it's the second of Charlton's two goals, the first was pretty good too. Typical of a player that for me was the best British player I've ever seen, over his career even better than Best.

Last edited:
Only really good one I can think of this season is ravel Morrison.

Some of liverpools goals at the lane were good team play I guess.

Maybe lallana and negredo get a mention.

No real worldies though

Bobby Charlton's in the Charity Shield 1968, as Kenneth wolstenhome said that goal was good enough to win the 'League, the Cup, the Charity Shield and the Grand National as well.'

It was simply amazing and the power that Charlton got with those leather ball, phenomenal. Pat Jennings saw it, but could only dive in vain, and a fantastic move to back it up with.

Incidentally it's the second of Charlton's two goals, the first was pretty good too. Typical of a player that for me was the best British player I've ever seen, over his career even better than Best.

Well done mate you win the thread brillant post

Dzekos last goal when city stuffed us at WHL a couple seasons back.

Although watching that, they are all pretty decent.

Last edited:
Yeah, sadly and although I try to block it out, I do recall Woolwich putting a worldy or two past us

Back
Top Bottom