Ben Davies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ben is a useful component to our squad.

Now is not the right time to sell him. We have so much more pressing work to do in this trf window.

Yeh, he had a bad 2nd half against Brentford, but he's otherwise been one of very few reliable performers this season.... In multiple positions.

If we sell him and end up replacing him with Lenglet I'm gonna be so pissed.

Now is not the right time to sell him. We have so much more pressing work to do in this trf window.

Yeh, he had a bad 2nd half against Brentford, but he's otherwise been one of very few reliable performers this season.... In multiple positions.

If we don’t play 3 in the back, what’s his value to our club? He’s a really poor lb and was on his way out the door before we changed formations.

If we don’t play 3 in the back, what’s his value to our club? He’s a really poor lb and was on his way out the door before we changed formations.

I tend to assume that until such time that we consistently don't play a back 3 that we still kinda do........ But TBC on that front.

Even then; he's (arguably and IMO) a better LB and LCB than the rest on our books and I'd rather sell any of them before him.

I tend to assume that until such time that we consistently don't play a back 3 that we still kinda do........ But TBC on that front.

Even then; he's (arguably and IMO) a better LB and LCB than the rest on our books and I'd rather sell any of them before him.
Yoy can’t pick and choose which one of these dreggs you sell. If you get an offer or an enquiry, whether they are top or twelfth on the sell list - out they go

Yoy can’t pick and choose which one of these dreggs you sell. If you get an offer or an enquiry, whether they are top or twelfth on the sell list - out they go

You absolutely can decide a) who you consider "dregs" and b) who you put up for sale or not.

Ergo:

You absolutely can decide a) who you consider "dregs" and b) who you put up for sale or not.

Ergo:
Up for sale? He’s not a £250k one bed flat.

We need to sensible and consider offers for all our players, many won’t attract any interest at all so whilst Davies is low down the exit list after Winks, Sanchez, Ndom etc, if someone wants to pay a fee, we should still consider it. He’s a good player and very few of players will have suitors like he might.

The rigid model we’ve used previously re selling players needs to be chucked into the current binfire.

if he was I wouldn’t buy him tbh
If he was a flat it would have a standard sized rooms with a king sized bed and views over High Barnet green.

If it was Kane it would be tiered with 20ft high ceilings and views over the Thames.

If it was Winks, your sofa bed doubles as a kitchen sink, you can walk from front to back in 8 paces and you've got views over a crack den.

What do we need more, a utility player that is competent in a back 3, 4 and 5, gives full effort without fuss, is a good influence on the squad and is happy to be on the bench for extended periods... or £12m in transfer fees?

Considering Sess is perpetually injured, Perisic is getting past it and Lenglet is only on loan I wouldn't even entertain the idea of selling such a player until we've actually got some left sided injury-free players bedded in.

What do we need more, a utility player that is competent in a back 3, 4 and 5, gives full effort without fuss, is a good influence on the squad and is happy to be on the bench for extended periods... or £12m in transfer fees?

Considering Sess is perpetually injured, Perisic is getting past it and Lenglet is only on loan I wouldn't even entertain the idea of selling such a player until we've actually got some left sided injury-free players bedded in.
We have the new lb coming in from Loan. New manager might fancy reg as well. We already have sess and peri on the books. Something g has to give. Not so long ago everyone e wanted davies gone. What’s changed?

Out of all the players we need to get rid of Dier Sanchez, most of the ones on loan, I'd suggest that there's those to sell before we put in any effort into selling Davies.

Out of all the players we need to get rid of Dier Sanchez, most of the ones on loan, I'd suggest that there's those to sell before we put in any effort into selling Davies.
True. Effort must be put in to get rid of Dier, Sanchez, but if someone offers real human money for Davies , that would be great too.

Back
Top Bottom