BELIEVE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Has any team ever won the league after suffering such a humiliating defeat against a team that narrowly escaped relegation last season? Granted you would have to be a fool to write off City or Pools chances to win the league this season, but i think one of the reasons Pool done so well last season is they got lucky with Injuries, did VVD even miss a game last season? Surely they cant get so lucky again?
They had 3 deflected shots go in against villa. They may have used their bad luck there.

But honestly the referee decisions that went their way was shocking. I'm.hoping it won't happen this season but I know it probably will.

Has any team ever won the league after suffering such a humiliating defeat against a team that narrowly escaped relegation last season? Granted you would have to be a fool to write off City or Pools chances to win the league this season, but i think one of the reasons Pool done so well last season is they got lucky with Injuries, did VVD even miss a game last season? Surely they cant get so lucky again?
This is arguably our strongest team which is actually great.
Lloris
Doherty-Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Ndombele-PEH-Lo Celso
Bale-Kane-Son
However 6 of them arrived in past year as did the Manager and they are still getting used to each other. Several of them are injury prone and surely we cannot get that lucky that they are not sidelined at some point. I am not trying to rubbish the idea but I just think a league title is expecting too much. However we got 6th last year with a much inferior starting 11 and none of that 11 above played all season and so I would be disappointed not to get top 4 and a long awaited trophy.

This is arguably our strongest team which is actually great.
Lloris
Doherty-Sanchez-Dier-Reguilon
Ndombele-PEH-Lo Celso
Bale-Kane-Son
However 6 of them arrived in past year as did the Manager and they are still getting used to each other. Several of them are injury prone and surely we cannot get that lucky that they are not sidelined at some point. I am not trying to rubbish the idea but I just think a league title is expecting too much. However we got 6th last year with a much inferior starting 11 and none of that 11 above played all season and so I would be disappointed not to get top 4 and a long awaited trophy.
Its the Thursday , Sunday Schedule that will kill us, plus we all know how sky like to fuck us over with scheduling so we can expect no favours there, that front 6 though, if Kane and Son could keep their start of the season form and stay fit and Bale comes in and is 80% of the player he was in his last season for us then who knows what could happen, i have said before that around christmas time is a good time to judge, but if this team can stay fit and click then who knows. Exciting time to be a Yid!

We cannot lose at home to Everton and draw against Newcastle if we want to win the title. Play like we did against Utd and we can. We simply have to show consistency in winning, show up in every game and be ruthless.

This might be a season like when Leicester won the title, it's open for a number of teams including us

We finally, finally have depth. Our second string is definitely top half of table. Current form:

Lloris
Doherty-Rodon*-Dier-Reguilon
Lo Celso-PEH-Ndombele
Bale-Kane-Son

Hart
Aurier-Sanchez-Toby-Davies
Sissoko-Lamela-Winks
Lucas-Vinicius-Bergwijn

Gazza, Dele, Tanganga getting involved due to rotation and injuries.

*You heard it, Rodon is going to be a 1st XI regular real soon....assuming we sign him :)

We were deeply unlucky with injuries, manager change and post CL hangover last season. Still finished 6th. It's going to be a turmoil season beset by no fans and changing VAR enforcement. We just need to get up into the top three and stay in striking distance.

I am 100% on the hype train

giphy-2.gif

Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.
Alfie Conn who sat on the ball.

Bale's return wouldn't make my Top 20 if I'm honest.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order...

Foundation of the club
Election to the League
2 Leagues
8 FA Cups
3 European trophies
Death of Bill Nicholson
Building of WHL
Building of New WHL
Signing of Ossie and Ricky
Signing of Klinsmann

Probably quite a few more moments if I put my mind to it.
For me one such moment has to be the last game against Utd before the ground shut down for the rebuild. The atmosphere that day was one of such mixed emotions. Wonderful memories as I entered mixing with expectations and hopes as I left. Still get choked thinking about it.

For me one such moment has to be the last game against Utd before the ground shut down for the rebuild. The atmosphere that day was one of such mixed emotions. Wonderful memories as I entered mixing with expectations and hopes as I left. Still get choked thinking about it.
Yes of course! That's Bale's Return down to 22nd. Maybe 23rd in you factor in Saha and Nelsen's arrival

If Man Utd had our squad they'd think they could win the league. No doubt about it.

We can win the league and we can get other trophies this year. No doubt about it.

Fuck 'em all!

UTS

Back
Top Bottom