Beşiktaş on Thursday (1882??)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I didn't see all of the game last night just bits of the second half on a pub TV and I watched the highlights today. Kane's goal was a great finish and some of the build up play was great. It looked like Besiktas were really going at us and I saw Lloris make some world class saves.
Correct me if I'm wrong here as I don't want to be negative without due cause but it seemed like most of our defensive clearances were wild and went straight to the opposition and the passing between our centre back two and our midfield was fucking Sunday league standard. Fazio and Chiriches look a long way off being Championship standard never mind Premier league footballers. As soon as they got the ball they gave it away. The last minute penalty is unlucky but not a massive surprise considering how awful the pair of them seemed all night. That's two starts in a row now that Chiriches has been our stand out worst player. Surely there are stronger options in the youth team?

Townsend an 8

Hahahhahahahaahahahahahaha

HahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahHahahhahahahaahahahahahaha
HahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahhahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahaha
aHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahaHahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha
I'm sure you had a great view all the way from your South African nonce house.

I think Townsend's shots to goals ratio last season says a lot about his ambition vs his ability. Seems like he tries v hard though but the end product is almost always a disappointment.

I must be much harder to please, but I dont see much in the way of outstanding effort over and above what we saw last year.
I also don't think we are playing attractive football or effective football at the moment.
I'm not saying we're shit and going down and sack everyone, just that after a promising start, we've tailed off a little over recent weeks.

We are 6 league games in.

Can everyone please stop being so negative. The man has a 5 year deal. At the end of the 2nd season if we are still shite then unleash hell.

** Not directed at you Burko. Just in general.

We are 6 league games in.

Can everyone please stop being so negative. The man has a 5 year deal. At the end of the 2nd season if we are still shite then unleash hell.

** Not directed at you Burko. Just in general.
Na thats fine, i wasn't being negative per se, just commenting that the players don't seem to be putting in as much effort as I'd like.
Not having a go at Pochettino, as he can only work with the tools he's given.

Na thats fine, i wasn't being negative per se, just commenting that the players don't seem to be putting in as much effort as I'd like.
Not having a go at Pochettino, as he can only work with the tools he's given.

yeah agree with that. Woolwich was a good game for effort but pre that the players seemed to lack.

it is frustrating to watch but hopefully will improve with the shit being moved on.

If he's picking 2 separate teams then it's not really a motivator for those not involved in the first team, which seems to be the effect it is having for cup games. As fans we'd like to think of it as them fighting to be involved in the league games but I haven't seen much from those not involved in the first team to justify a place in it.

If he's picking 2 separate teams then it's not really a motivator for those not involved in the first team, which seems to be the effect it is having for cup games. As fans we'd like to think of it as them fighting to be involved in the league games but I haven't seen much from those not involved in the first team to justify a place in it.

Kane and Stambouli deserve a place as those two positions are up for grabs and both have looked very good, and involved.

Fazio has also done enough and could be brought into the odd game to take the strain off Kaboul which could be telling later in the season.

Thats about it though..Ive not been impressed with Davies, and Lennon is just ineffective right now.

Sure you had a great view of the pitch from Philly.

You might have been at the stadium, but that doesnt change the fact that our 26M striker still had zero shots and done fuck all.

Have we really come down to praising players, and giving them high ratings because they ran towards the goal when we were attacking..?

Stambouli is a beast, really like the look of him. Always harrying the opposition, gets stuck in and he loves a 360. Think I remember a Marseille fan or article saying fans love him for his work rate, I can see why.

Then again, it could be said that the B team are playing for CL football just as much as the A team are. The competition has got to be easier in the Europa, so there is no reason why any of them should look disinterested. What more motivation do they need than a CL place for the winners? But, Townsend needs to lose some of his motivation and give someone else a go at trying to score...... too greedy by far.

You might have been at the stadium, but that doesnt change the fact that our 26M striker still had zero shots and done fuck all.

Have we really come down to praising players, and giving them high ratings because they ran towards the goal when we were attacking..?

He had zero shots because nobody passed to him all night! And I don't think he did "fuck all". Seems too easy to assume because he didn't score, he didn't do anything.

Thought Townsend was decent last night, Kane too. Probably the only (fleeting) flashes among the outfield players.

Subs were poor when they came on. No one, with the exception of Kane, really seems to be pushing to get into the first 11. Think Townsend has got himself to first sub ahead of Lennon on the basis of our cup games so far.

Then again, it could be said that the B team are playing for CL football just as much as the A team are. The competition has got to be easier in the Europa, so there is no reason why any of them should look disinterested. What more motivation do they need than a CL place for the winners? But, Townsend needs to lose some of his motivation and give someone else a go at trying to score...... too greedy by far.
Fair point, but I don't think the 'B' team mentality helps.

Back
Top Bottom