Basel Roll Call

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looking at the journey and not the game:

There was a good crowd of Spurs in the town center around Steinenvorstadt, mainly in the mentioned Mr. Pickwick pub and in the "VIP Bar Restaurant" and the even classier Burger King opposite. Beer was 9 CHF in the pubs or a decent 0.50 CHF in the supermarket next door to the pub ;)

Fantastic stadium in my opinion, quite surreal. Good transport and all. Great atmosphere inside, but personally I thought our guys were sining better in Milan.

£12 for a filet-o-fish meal from Mcdonalds
£7 a pint

However on the plus side, it was free travel on buses and trams.

Atmosphere pre-match was ok. Spent a few hours in the Pickwick, then moved on to drinking outside the burger king once I realised it was much much cheaper.
How can there be such a price difference between pubs & supermarkets? Crazy.
9 CHF in pubs, 2 CHF in supermarkets.

My seat was near the barrier in the lower tier. Pretty decent atmosphere. When the second went in I was celebrating standing on my seat and predictably fell. About 3 rows.

I still can't get over those fast food prices, craziest thing I've ever seen. Unfortunately I didn't really realize I could go to the corner store for beer until the last hour.

Met a few of you out there and had an excellent time. Shame the result didn't go our way in the end. Glad I made the trip though - and thanks to Paul (Spurs in Belgium) for getting me an away end ticket.

will be back again next year

Had a great trip shame about the result. Had two in Pickwicks at 9 SFR a pint (not sure they were pints)
then went for a walk and found the Spar up the road. Few cans and singing out side the VIP lounge.
Met some great blokes from Angelsey Spurs. The travelling some people do for home game at the Lane.
Met another 3 blokes at Baden Baden airport on the way back. Thet had not planned the return trip back to
the airport for 7am and had to get a taxi for SFR 300 OUCH... Anyway already looking for forward to next
seasons euro away trips..

Top trip, shame about that c*nt Adebayor.

Flew out Wednesday evening, had a decent night - Police well on top as everyone has it in their minds that everywhere we go now something will happen the night before. Pickwicks & Paddy O Reillys had 3-4 bouncers on each, and police outside both. Didn't see a hint of trouble all night.

Thursday I stumbled across the Red Light District early doors and have never seen so many goats in my life. I'm still convinced that one of them was a bloke. Before making our way to Papa Joe's / Pickwicks, before clocking what everyone else was doing (2 Swiss Francs for cans of Desperados from Spar :thumbup:). Whilst enjoying a sing-song outside BK.

Did my usual and left the game very early, and watched the remainder in Pickwicks. Good trip overall, bar a hangover from hell on the Friday. Roll on next season.(if we make Europeo_O)

Back
Top Bottom