Barcelona v Tottenham Hotspur | Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys | Tuesday 8th August | KO: 19:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Disappointing at the end, but lots of hope. We just ran out of legs and concentration at the end.

Clear to see that we still need reinforcements at the back. But we knew this.

Very pleased with our play.

And my my, do Barca have some wonderkids.

Good run out for the reserves. But they kinda ran out of legs in the second once Barca brought on fresh younger legs.
Angie must now know for sure Reggie and Dier are poor defenders. Both outclassed by Sanchez

Yeah, couldn't care less about the result.

We were great for a whole lot of that game. And this is our B team. Only two of the players who started this game will likely be starting at the weekend.

Very promising.
I could definitely care less, but you're right. Far, far better watch then 95% of the past 3 years.

>A really impressive display from our B team (+Bissouma and Vicario) against a strong Barca side
>A very obvious lesson learned about some of our defenders (as if Ange didn't already know)
>my stream died so in my head it's still 2-2

Lots of positives

:sonpoint:

This is only further evidence were it needed that Reg and Dier should be nowhere near our squad come August 31st. Dier can't be anything other than absolute decimation backup if we can't shift him, I'd rather have Lenglet or Dav in that 4th choice spot going into next season, assuming we are gonna sign a 3rd choice in the coming weeks. Definitely rather keep Davies as LB backup to Destiny, Davies isn't great but Reggie is one of the worst full backs I've ever seen, can't defend and offers nothing going forward, too lightweight to dribble past players and has no composure whatsoever. We are gonna struggle to find anyone mug enough to sign him.

A very very promising pre-season!

Emerson must start at RB. Porro can’t defend.

Reguilon and Dier should never kick a ball for Spurs again. Hopefully, sell Ndombele too.

Perisic to start over Son? Let’s be honest, Son’s not looked great.

Not 100% sold on Vicario yet but it’s early days.

All 6 midfielders (7 if you include Alfie) have played well in preseason. Maddison seems to be a dead cert to start. Which other 2 start beside him?

I hope Kane stays.

Udogie has been a beast.

Who will play beside Romero at CB? Sanchez looked promising today (but let’s not forgot he was at fault vs West Ham). Too early for VdV?

Lots of questions answered but some still to be answered!

Exciting times ahead imo.

Back
Top Bottom