BALLOT SYSTEM FLAWS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jheez21

Oh Teddy Teddy
So me and my brother been members a couple of seasons now, been to every europa league game the past 5 years, plus this years champions league games. Even make it down to the odd u18/u21 game. We are on around 150 loyalty points each. Not to bad for 2 kids that have only been members 2 seasons. As soon as me and my brother got out first jobs the 50 odd quid membership was the first thing we both bought. Couldn't afford to go every week when we was at school and college. Cant rely on bank of mum and dad for that sort of stuff.

So anyways
After enduring the never ending wheel of doom multiple times at the crack of dawn in the past to get tickets we was looking forward to this years ballot, even if it meant less tickets for members.

Ballot system was beautiful at the start of the season, between 5-10 thousand applicants per game with 5000+ tickets going to members. 1 in 2 chance at worst.
We have applied for every single game, probably got tickets for about 2 out of ever 3 we applied for (great) last game we managed to get tickets for was the Chelsea league game at Home . We have applied for every single game since, NOTHING. Didn't even get tickets for the cup semi at wembley which i thought we was nailed on for considering how many they have to sell.

Now some of you are gonna say you been going years heck i reckon a fair few of you are season ticket holders. Im 90,000 on the waiting list LOL! Ill be number 1 on that list one day.

I know we are going into the new ground and chances are ill be able to go to every game in a few seasons time, but for somebody who has ever since they could afford to take themselves been actively going to every games i can, i'm just mighty pissed off ill be missing some big games to come (goonerz + utd) because 10,000 people who couldn't be asked at the start of the year have realised this year might be the best for a long time.

Bit of a whinge thread but to not get tickets for like 7-8 in a row when i've applied for every single game is a bit of Shitter...

Not saying that anyone thats been getting tickets is less deserving than me, just pissed off another 10 thousand people have decided they wanna go watch.

Could be worse we could be playing shit, at least i would get a ticket though.

It is a fairer system, but I hate it. It has screwed me out of a good few many games, and no way am I paying over inflated Shithub prices. It's looking likely that I will not be able to get to a game before the end of the season without paying rip off prices and that is really making me mad given the significance of this year.

I preferred the old system purely because if you were dedicated enough to the club you'd be prepared to make sure you could get a ticket as as soon as they went on sale. That meant more dedicated fans going to the games instead of plastics and tourists.

Last edited:
I feel your pain mate, just missed out on the Man U ballot by 5points , so im just gonna be at the lane all day getting pissed and soaking up the atmosphere

It's the last games ever at WHL. Tickets would be in demand even if we were mid table mediocrity or in a relegation battle.

There's no fair way to do it, I've been going regularly for the last 5 years or so and I'm on about 340 points as a Bronze member so I'm happy with the points system for the big games as I've got a ticket, I've missed out on a load of the other games that were the open ballot this season. If I missed the last derby at WHL due to that shitty wheel of doom I'd be pissed off.

Yeah thing is, them loyalty points don't get used up when you go to a game as far as i'm aware? So unless your already above the bubble chances are your not getting to a game the rest of the year :(

It's the last games ever at WHL. Tickets would be in demand even if we were mid table mediocrity or in a relegation battle.

There's no fair way to do it, I've been going regularly for the last 5 years or so and I'm on about 340 points as a Bronze member so I'm happy with the points system for the big games as I've got a ticket, I've missed out on a load of the other games that were the open ballot this season. If I missed the last derby at WHL due to that shitty wheel of doom I'd be pissed off.

Don't get me wrong its much much fairer, just moaning and groaning about the fact that its all the same people getting to go with the point based ballot, not taking into consideration other factors like the fact i applied for every single game.

Some bugger who has only applied for the derbies and big games has got tickets for every single one. I know hes out there i want his head lol!

So me and my brother been members a couple of seasons now, been to every europa league game the past 5 years, plus this years champions league games. Even make it down to the odd u18/u21 game. We are on around 150 loyalty points each. Not to bad for 2 kids that have only been members 2 seasons. As soon as me and my brother got out first jobs the 50 odd quid membership was the first thing we both bought. Couldn't afford to go every week when we was at school and college. Cant rely on bank of mum and dad for that sort of stuff.

So anyways
After enduring the never ending wheel of doom multiple times at the crack of dawn in the past to get tickets we was looking forward to this years ballot, even if it meant less tickets for members.

Ballot system was beautiful at the start of the season, between 5-10 thousand applicants per game with 5000+ tickets going to members. 1 in 2 chance at worst.
We have applied for every single game, probably got tickets for about 2 out of ever 3 we applied for (great) last game we managed to get tickets for was the Chelsea league game at Home . We have applied for every single game since, NOTHING. Didn't even get tickets for the cup semi at wembley which i thought we was nailed on for considering how many they have to sell.

Now some of you are gonna say you been going years heck i reckon a fair few of you are season ticket holders. Im 90,000 on the waiting list LOL! Ill be number 1 on that list one day.

I know we are going into the new ground and chances are ill be able to go to every game in a few seasons time, but for somebody who has ever since they could afford to take themselves been actively going to every games i can, i'm just mighty pissed off ill be missing some big games to come (goonerz + utd) because 10,000 people who couldn't be asked at the start of the year have realised this year might be the best for a long time.

Bit of a whinge thread but to not get tickets for like 7-8 in a row when i've applied for every single game is a bit of Shitter...

Not saying that anyone thats been getting tickets is less deserving than me, just pissed off another 10 thousand people have decided they wanna go watch.

At the risk of bigging myself up, I am in the top 0.5% of 99k Bronze and Lilywhite members for LPs. After I missed out on 3 games in a row through the ballot I gave up so I do feel your pain.

I also refuse to pay over FV on CuntHub.

Luckily I easily got tickets for Woolwich, Utd and the semi.

All this will be academic from next season (hopefully).

Yeah in a way i respect that people with the most loyalty points should go, im like middle of the pack on loyalty points and keep missing out by like 10-30 points. Makes me rage lol.

I'm a season ticket holder now but I wish they had assigned Cat A homes games on loyalty points to members in previous years. It's infinitely fairer than a random ballot, or who has the best Internet connection at 10am on a Tuesday morning. I missed out on some big games when I was going to around 15 a season as a member.

Sympathize with the opening post though, you are obviously putting the support in now. Keep doing it and it won't be a problem for you in future years.

I'm a season ticket holder now but I wish they had assigned Cat A homes games on loyalty points to members in previous years. It's infinitely fairer than a random ballot, or who has the best Internet connection at 10am on a Tuesday morning. I missed out on some big games when I was going to around 15 a season as a member.

Sympathize with the opening post though, you are obviously putting the support in now. Keep doing it and it won't be a problem for you in future years.

Cheers bud we are trying :D

Yeah in a way i respect that people with the most loyalty points should go, im like middle of the pack on loyalty points and keep missing out by like 10-30 points. Makes me rage lol.
I've only got 113 points, yet I managed to get a ticket in the Stoke, Southampton and Everton ballot - granted they were all in my upper price limit (the max), but it meant I had a better chance of being successful.

Obviously I'm gutted I can't get to the Woolwich/Man U games, but I'd be pissed if I couldn't get to the Lane a couple times this season due to me not stumping up a few more quid.

Interesting thread. Loyalty points to the big games, ballot for the rest so every supporter has a chance off a ticket. Reduced prices for champions league!! And Europa. What fairer way was there when a great chunk of seats was removed..... I was really pissed at missing a lot of ballot games when I was choosing high limits but come back to the donut of death and remember spending hours at work going purple and shouting at the computer screen. nearly got sacked (not a joke). I can't think of a fair way to do it considering the loyalty point whores who buy tickets to sell on.

I've only got 113 points, yet I managed to get a ticket in the Stoke, Southampton and Everton ballot - granted they were all in my upper price limit (the max), but it meant I had a better chance of being successful.

Obviously I'm gutted I can't get to the Woolwich/Man U games, but I'd be pissed if I couldn't get to the Lane a couple times this season due to me not stumping up a few more quid.

Don't think them games were done on loyalty points?

Interesting thread. Loyalty points to the big games, ballot for the rest so every supporter has a chance off a ticket. Reduced prices for champions league!! And Europa. What fairer way was there when a great chunk of seats was removed..... I was really pissed at missing a lot of ballot games when I was choosing high limits but come back to the donut of death and remember spending hours at work going purple and shouting at the computer screen. nearly got sacked (not a joke). I can't think of a fair way to do it considering the loyalty point whores who buy tickets to sell on.

Yeah I guess i called the thread flaws to open the debate, any which way you look at it its flawed to some degree...
Open ballots suck for those who have high loyalty points, and points ballots suck for those like me who are just below the threshold for those big games.

Definitely agree on the whole selling on thing though, theres no way for the club to police it though is there?

i'm just mighty pissed off ill be missing some big games to come (goonerz + utd) because 10,000 people who couldn't be asked at the start of the year have realised this year might be the best for a long time.
But these games were done on loyalty points, so surely you had enough if you're the super fan you imply you are?

One thing to note is that they opened up half memberships around Christmas time, so a load of people who weren't already members, and thus ineligible at the time for the ballot, were now able to apply for tickets that weren't doing so in the first half of the season. Can't blame them for that really. It's the clubs fault for cashing in on the extra membership fees.

One thing to note is that they opened up half memberships around Christmas time, so a load of people who weren't already members, and thus ineligible at the time for the ballot, were now able to apply for tickets that weren't doing so in the first half of the season. Can't blame them for that really. It's the clubs fault for cashing in on the extra membership fees.

Updated the list yesterday. There are now 100.8k members. Pre-CL days we usually had 70k (+/- 5k) so that extra 30k members amounted to over £1mn in 'free money' for the club (dependent on how many were full & how many were half memberships).

I gave up my membership this year as had a nipper and cant get to weekend games. Just found out that they were using LP for games at home - I am ok in principle but surely its a bit off to charge full price for Membership as for many it is useless for 5-6 games a year?

Back
Top Bottom