Bale to Barça?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ksaw92 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18032531

No smoke without fire? :sandro:

Thing is, he has been a grade A turd this season - unbelievable arrogance & refusal to do what he does best ("Gareth Bale, he plays on the left"). To be honest, I would take €40M euros for him, provided it was reinvested well (Llorente & Ganso perhaps?).

Thoughts? :baletroll:
:akabusi:

How is a player NOT joining another club worthy of an article on the BBC?

Surprised I didn't get a Wrestlemania advert pop-up when I clicked on that.

Case said:
How is a player NOT joining another club worthy of an article on the BBC?

Surprised I didn't get a Wrestlemania advert pop-up when I clicked on that.

ME-OW.

Are you a paid blogger, are you, ARE YOU? :bentley:

Ksaw92 said:

Thing is, he has been a grade A turd this season - unbelievable arrogance & refusal to do what he does best ("Gareth Bale, he plays on the left"). To be honest, I would take €40M euros for him, provided it was reinvested well (Llorente & Ganso perhaps?).

This general opinion has been annoying me for a couple of weeks so I'm going to say a couple of things and then be on my way back to the silent minority...

1 - He has, for the most part, been played on or switched to the right BY HIS MANAGER who has also given him a "free role" numerous times since it worked so well against Norwich. Would you rather a player listened to the manager or the fans (don't answer that :harryblow: )

2 - His roaming may be a symptom of something else, and that to my eyes is that rather than being "arrogant" he's actually lacking in confidence. Taking an extra touch (or three) when he's better knocking it past his RB and out pacing him. He was tentative for quite a while in the Bolton game but produced his best bits when acting instinctively on the break when someone gave him a ball to run on to rather than having to think about it. I personally think he's trying to live up to his reputation a bit too much and make things happen rather than letting them flow naturally.

I know I'm probably in the minority and concede it may just be arrogance but the last time I can remember him knocking it past a full back and beating him (a la Maicon) is Chelsea (H) - he doesn't seem to want or be confident enough to do it at the moment.

Also the way the hate has turned on this kid from many fans, both at games and on twitter, for not reproducing the Inter (h) performance every week is frankly extraordinary and we'd be all over this lot :goonermong: if they were doing it to the rapist or whoever. Anyone who would happily wave him on his way is an idiot. Just my opinion, but an idiot nonetheless.

Long been of the opinion we'll lose him next summer, that hasn't changed, which is more "on-topic" but just wanted to get the above off my chest.

Now, back to my cave...

thedutchman said:
Ksaw92 said:

This general opinion has been annoying me for a couple of weeks so I'm going to say a couple of things and then be on my way back to the silent minority...

1 - He has, for the most part, been played on or switched to the right BY HIS MANAGER who has also given him a "free role" numerous times since it worked so well against Norwich. Would you rather a player listened to the manager or the fans (don't answer that :harryblow: )

2 - His roaming may be a symptom of something else, and that to my eyes is that rather than being "arrogant" he's actually lacking in confidence. Taking an extra touch (or three) when he's better knocking it past his RB and out pacing him. He was tentative for quite a while in the Bolton game but produced his best bits when acting instinctively on the break when someone gave him a ball to run on to rather than having to think about it. I personally think he's trying to live up to his reputation a bit too much and make things happen rather than letting them flow naturally.

I know I'm probably in the minority and concede it may just be arrogance but the last time I can remember him knocking it past a full back and beating him (a la Maicon) is Chelsea (H) - he doesn't seem to want or be confident enough to do it at the moment.

Also the way the hate has turned on this kid from many fans, both at games and on twitter, for not reproducing the Inter (h) performance every week is frankly extraordinary and we'd be all over this lot :goonermong: if they were doing it to the rapist or whoever. Anyone who would happily wave him on his way is an idiot. Just my opinion, but an idiot nonetheless.

Long been of the opinion we'll lose him next summer, that hasn't changed, which is more "on-topic" but just wanted to get the above off my chest.

Now, back to my cave...
U-Mad-Bro.jpg

Gareth "Emperor new clothes" Bale- Luka "peacock " Modric- you can both do one- just not in the same summer......

surely can get more than £32m and no more players from Barca- there is normally a reason they let them go

we can expect more transfer chat if we do not get in CL etc.

if you are Bale why go to Barca now when they have their temp manager- he aint going stay long- wait until the man who replaces the man who replaced THE MAN gets in charge- same will happen when Fergie retires- pity the bloke who replaces him- bit like the xchap who replaced Busby- ( or the man who replaced Peter Shreeve...) it all end in tears....

actually do you think Peter Shreeve and Roy Hodgson could do a Derrick and Clive routine.?

blingblingwideface said:
Gareth "Emperor new clothes" Bale- Luka "peacock " Modric- you can both do one- just not in the same summer......

surely can get more than £32m and no more players from Barca- there is normally a reason they let them go

if you are Bale why go to Barca now when they have their temp manager- he aint going stay long- wait until the man who replaces the man who replaced THE MAN gets in charge- same will happen when Fergie retires- pity the bloke who replaces him- bit like the xchap who replaced Busby- ( or the man who replaced Peter Shreeve...) it all end in tears....

actually do you think Peter Shreeve and Roy Hodgson could do a Derrick and Clive routine.?
Double your money best club in the world. He left Southampton to come to us, why would he not leave... Same with modric

Got to put your self in their position not what we would do

blingblingwideface said:

What about the bloke who replaced Shankly at Liverpool? He did alright hehe

I know what you mean though, but those in the backroom staff that we don't really know about can always do a very good job.

Blanchflower said:
Barca will want Bale to play left back, Bale wants to play up front........Bale will not go to Barca
Have you seen dancing Alves play? Hardly a right back.

I think bale has another year here purely due to levy being a top cunt.

Dani Alves is still right back on the team sheet - for Bale the position has nothing to do with where he actually plays and everything to do with his and his agents ever inflating egos

"Ronaldo wouldn't play left back so neither will I" :baletroll:

I honestly think that is bullshit, he is working as he is told. There is no way he is just doing what he wants.

Maybe he plays better on the left now but in the long term will have more to offer by having the ability to come off the line

there is not place for Bale in the Barca squad. I would be very surprised to see this happen. As to Bale being to arrogant to play out wide, as a couple have said above me that is crazy talk. He plays how his manager has told him to play, there have been quite a few games where Bale hasn't been in the game this season when he is placed on the left as the opposition put 2 defenders on him, if you mix it about a bit more then it becomes harder to defend against him.

Back
Top Bottom